Found! 1 million jobs

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Oct 30, 2004
Originally posted by: nullzero
Defense industry is booming because of the War in Iraq. Just wait for the fallout from the pullout from Iraq and you will see massive layoffs for high paying jobs in the defense industry.

Not only that...but wait until all of the reservists and veterans come home seeking...guess what...jobs! Imagine adding a couple hundred thousand people to the ranks of the unemployed.

nullzero

Jan 15, 2005
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
Originally posted by: nullzero
Defense industry is booming because of the War in Iraq. Just wait for the fallout from the pullout from Iraq and you will see massive layoffs for high paying jobs in the defense industry.

Is that the reason for false wars? Prop up a false economy?

and your proud of that?

Where you talking to me? I dont support the war in Iraq, im on your side of the debate. I was only pointing out what happens when we end wars, looking at history and the gulf war its almost to predictable what will happen. The defense industry goes through boom and bust cycles just like the housing market. Its sad that most of the economic stimulus will be very short term; thanks because of artificially low interest rates, tax cuts, and a War in Iraq created for profits. We got the perfect storm looming, like I have said before. It is widely known that wars create short term economic stimilus which is what we are experiencing.