Former Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr.and Wife Get Prison

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ichy

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2006
Everyone who's saying he'll only do half his sentence is an idiot. There's no parole in the federal system, at best he can get 15% off for good behavior.

Jesse Jackson goes to jail sure is a beautiful headline BTW even if it is the son.

unokitty

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2012
Everyone who's saying he'll only do half his sentence is an idiot. There's no parole in the federal system, at best he can get 15% off for good behavior.

Jesse Jackson goes to jail sure is a beautiful headline BTW even if it is the son.

At least one past Illinois Governor has been paroled.
In 1987 former Governor Dan Walker was sentenced to four years imprisonment for bank fraud, three years for perjury, and probation for false financial statements; the sentences to be served consecutively.
After Walker had served eighteen months, Judge Williams ordered him released from prison based on "time served" and placed on probation until the two loans in question were repaid.
Federal Laws may have changed since then. But laws can always change again. Even so, parole isn't the only way out. One example, when Clinton pardoned 140 people on his last day in office.

Nonetheless, I hope that you are right.

Uno

Last edited:

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
At least one past Illinois Governor has been paroled.
Federal Laws may have changed since then. But laws can always change again. Even so, parole isn't the only way out. One example, when Clinton pardoned 140 people on his last day in office.

Nonetheless, I hope that you are right.

Uno

Federal parole was abolished in the 1980's. However, under certain circumstances people can be released early. I think it's called "supervised release." It may involve home confinement or confinement to home/work with a tracker. I'm not sure how common it is.

The odds of a pardon here are slim to none as the political fallout would be huge. That said, if Obama does indeed pardon this man, I'll be right up there condemning it with everyone else.

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Make him pay taxes on all that money he stole, plus he should have to pay all the money back, if not to his campaign, then to the political party or the government. He is such a scumbag, that no one will touch him with a ten foot pole.

I am from Illinois and I think the sentence should be more like 20 years.

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I think once a single party has been in charge of a state for 10-12 years that the next election cycle the state should be required to appoint people from the other party. This is just cronyism.

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
He is a crooked politician, no difference between him and the countless other politicians, both republican and democrat.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Make him pay taxes on all that money he stole, plus he should have to pay all the money back, if not to his campaign, then to the political party or the government. He is such a scumbag, that no one will touch him with a ten foot pole.

I am from Illinois and I think the sentence should be more like 20 years.

agreed. 20 years easy.

Though i gotta say Jesse Jackson Jr is a lightweight in thieft department.

Rita Crundwell is the master. she is going to court on stealing 53 MILLION over 22 years.

Last edited:

Darkman

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2013
Obama put Jesse Jackson's son in Prison Today

ATLAHWorldwide

mqdefault.jpg
17:57

Obama put Jesse Jackson's son in Prison Today

Published on Aug 16, 2013
http://www.atlah.org The Manning Report

Barack Hussein (The Long Legged Mack Daddy) Obama put Jesse Jackson's son in Prison. Recorded on 14 August 2013.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ixYP2XvYG4

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
I would hardly call 30 months in prison, light.
For stealing $700,000? There are people who get way more than that for stealing $700.

He is a crooked politician, no difference between him and the countless other politicians, both republican and democrat.
Well - I think he did steal only money that had been voluntarily given him as campaign donations. As crooked politicians go, he's floating up near the top.