Former NY Times editor rips Trump coverage as biased

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
This "publisher" did not say or do anything other than put together a collage of video clips. The content of the link is 100% factual and created out of actual clips of major media sources. There is no voodoo here, no commentary.

Are you aware of what 'editing' is?

You're probably someone who thinks James O'Keefe's videos are truthful because they are compiled entirely of real video clips, hahaha.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Are you aware of what 'editing' is?

You're probably someone who thinks James O'Keefe's videos are truthful because they are compiled entirely of real video clips, hahaha.

I am aware. Did you watch the video? What do you think was changed? What do you believe in that video wasn't actually said by a media personality? You're just pissing into the wind.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
This "publisher" did not say or do anything other than put together a collage of video clips. The content of the link is 100% factual and created out of actual clips of major media sources. There is no voodoo here, no commentary.

Yes, I'll agree that the people in the clips were telling the truth about Trump. It's not fake news at all. I'm sure it looks that way from inside the Trump/Fox/Russian reality distortion field. The fact that he lies incessantly doesn't faze you at all.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Yes, I'll agree that the people in the clips were telling the truth about Trump. It's not fake news at all. I'm sure it looks that way from inside the Trump/Fox/Russian reality distortion field. The fact that he lies incessantly doesn't faze you at all.

So nothing in the video is forged? You agree with what is being said by those anti-Trump "news" sources.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I am aware. Did you watch the video? What do you think was changed? What do you believe in that video wasn't actually said by a media personality? You're just pissing into the wind.

There is no reason to go through and evaluate a video by a non-credible source. This is something conservatives try all the time. Much like I see no reason to go through and disprove whether or not Katy Perry is truly a Satanist performing Illuminati rituals at the Super Bowl or if 9/11 was an inside job, I see no reason to go through his video and research all the clips he edited together.

If you have data on media bias from an actually credible source I'd be happy to look into it. If you're going to keep linking videos from 9/11 truthers who believe in global satanist conspiracies, no thanks. It does say a LOT about you that you were stupid enough to link that though. You're always good for a laugh!

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
There is no reason to go through and evaluate a video by a non-credible source. This is something conservatives try all the time. Much like I see no reason to go through and disprove whether or not Katy Perry is truly a Satanist performing Illuminati rituals at the Super Bowl or if 9/11 was an inside job, I see no reason to go through his video and research all the clips he edited together.

If you have data on media bias from an actually credible source I'd be happy to look into it. If you're going to keep linking videos from 9/11 truthers who believe in global satanist conspiracies, no thanks. It does say a LOT about you that you were stupid enough to link that though. You're always good for a laugh!

Keep your bubble protected. You don't like him, why bother with the truthful video he made if it challenges you? amirite :/

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Keep your bubble protected. You don't like him, why bother with the truthful video he made if it challenges you? amirite :/

Nope, this is just common sense. I'm not sure how you got out of high school without being taught how to evaluate the credibility of a source. You have no idea if the video is truthful or not because I guarantee you that you've never actually researched the clips it's made from. It tells you what you need to hear emotionally so you accept it. By your standard when Alex Jones posts a video tomorrow about how the government is controlled by lizard people I need to go research all the members of Congress and see if they are lizards or not instead of just saying 'lol, Alex Jones'.

What I find interesting is how reflexively hostile you are to actual reporting from credible news sources and how easily duped you are by YouTube videos made by people who are probably diagnosably insane.

Reactions: greatnoob

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

It was truthful, just not in a way that Trumpist conspiracy theorists can recognize. Dice knew that when he pushed it out to reinforce your poor persecuted bunker mentality. He knew you & many like you would get it wrong, being post-truth & all.

Trump is all the things they said he is & worse.

1sikbITCH

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2001
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/former-n-y-times-editor-rips-trump-coverage-as-biased

Just another example of what I've been saying for a while. The news is no longer even trying to be unbiased, but it because our news sources typically have a financial incentive to promote stories, they pander to their audience and spoon feed them what they think they want to hear, not necessarily what reality is. Today they're all tabloids, not news. TDS has spread far and wide and has infected our media.

Mike Pence told you to get your news from Facebook, not the media and yet here you are spreading Fake News again.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Worry about the content of the video, not the person that put it on Youtube. The fact that Mark Dice doesn't say anything in this video but simply put together examples of fake news, yet you have nothing for the content of the video but just an attack on the creator of it is telling.

And the fact that Slow thinks he just won this argument with this post is telling.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
A majority of those examples aren't even stories. They are made up taking points made to get clicks and views to make money.
Want another crack at it? Ok media mogul how do you positively cover Trump lying about his inauguration crowd size?

How do you positively cover Trump lying about Obama's place of birth?

Will you answer or pussy out again?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Want another crack at it? Ok media mogul how do you positively cover Trump lying about his inauguration crowd size?

Trump lies about literally everything in ways that defeat Slow's bullshit meter entirely. He's overwhelmed by Trump's style, so to Hell with the substance.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Of course the NYT has a left of center affluent core audience and publishes the stories and analysis that appeals to their audience. If someone wants to sell me on that making them fake news, I'm going to have to see an example of real news to compare.

Reactions: dank69

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005

The news lied about his crowd sizes. He had thousands to tens of thousands, they downplayed it while Hillary spoke to a few hundred people at some of her events. Hillary's 08 campaign was the original birther movement, cover it the same as when she brought it up.

Last edited:

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
One of her volunteer staffers forwarded an email. That means:

1) Since it was an email FORWARD, no one in her campaign was the originator.
2) You claimed 'Hillary was the original birther'. Hillary never made any such claim.

So what you said was obviously false. Please acknowledged you lied about Clinton.

I did not lie (see my edit) but should have been more clear. It did not necessarily originate from Hillary herself, but those tied to her are the originators, or at best the propagators that made birtherism widespread. Any way you slice it, those tied to her are responsible.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I did not lie (see my edit) but should have been more clear. It did not necessarily originate from Hillary herself, but those tied to her are the originators, or at best the propagators that made birtherism widespread. Any way you slice it, those tied to her are responsible.

A volunteer staffer is not even remotely close to the same planet as a candidate for president or the president himself.

Trump repeatedly and deliberately engaged in a racist smear campaign against President Obama that he knew to be false. How should the news media cover the fact that the President repeatedly lied about this racist conspiracy theory? Be specific.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
One person forwarded an email = propagators that made birtherism widespread. Your brain is fucking broken way beyond repair.

Reactions: nickqt