Former KKK Grand Wizard Endorses Trump

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
I'm not sure, do you view people who currently and unapologetically hold racist views to be the same thing as people who have apologized and publicly repudiated formerly held racist views to be the same thing?

If not, that seems like an awfully big difference to me, wouldn't you say?
Yep, awfully big difference. But I would not put anyone who had ever held those views in line to become President.

His title was Exalted Cyclops (D)....lol.
:D I was going to type that I can't see how anyone could ever take them seriously with titles like that, but I suppose if one can keep a straight face when surrounded by men dressed up like Patrick the Starfish's Halloween contest then "Exalted Cyclops" wouldn't generate more than a giggle.

Of course David Duke is still a member just not the HRIC. As opposed to someone who renounced his membership in the group along with said group.

Bit of a difference.
Yep, but then the difference between putting someone in the Presidential succession and naming them the Conscience of the Senate is also a bit of a difference compared to having someone you don't even know endorse you.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
If ISIS took something I said and endorsed it, it would certainly cause me to reflect on it, even if it was something utterly benign like "lamb is quite tasty." It wouldn't get me to change my views on lamb, but it would warrant a quick "wait, why are these shitheads agreeing with me" check.

I know you're not supposed to praise hate groups, but can we at least agree that the KKK has some pretty incredible titles? It does nothing to redeem the group as a whole (just like the SS aren't redeemed by their excellent Hugo Boss uniforms), but Grand Dragon or Exalted Cyclops are way better than "chief <whatever> officer" or "lieutenant colonel." They sound like a really dedicated WOW guild.
I see it just the opposite. A Grand Wizard who rules a magical kingdom is awesome; a Grand Wizard who rules a trailer park is a puffed up buffon.

Definitely true - check out this list of Klan terms - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ku_Klux_Klan_titles_and_vocabulary
C'mon, that HAS to be bullshit. Centaurs? Ghouls? Goblins? I defy you to find a group of good ol' boys who won't snicker and add "knob" when someone is called "Goblin". Not to mention:

The White Knights of the Ku Klux Klan created some innovations in their organization including a bicameral Klongress with an upper house Klonvokation and lower Klanburgess.
I do not believe anyone could keep a straight face whilst saying "I call to order the Klonvokation on this Dreadful day of the Woeful week of Horrible. The Goblin shall now read from the Holy Kloran." It simply cannot be done.

Entertaining though, thanks.

Last edited:

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
I see it just the opposite. A Grand Wizard who rules a magical kingdom is awesome; a Grand Wizard who rules a trailer park is a puffed up buffon.

C'mon, that HAS to be bullshit. Centaurs? Ghouls? Goblins? I defy you to find a group of good ol' boys who won't snicker and add "knob" when someone is called "Goblin". Not to mention:

I do not believe anyone could keep a straight face whilst saying "I call to order the Klonvokation on this Dreadful day of the Woeful week of Horrible. The Goblin shall now read from the Holy Kloran." It simply cannot be done.

Entertaining though, thanks.

Stranger things have happened.

Knowing

Golden Member
Mar 18, 2014

With the right combination of psychotropics, it wouldn't be difficult to have a magical kingdom confined within a trailer park...

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
With the right combination of psychotropics, it wouldn't be difficult to have a magical kingdom confined within a trailer park...
lol Can't deny that. But it would surely be even more difficult to call someone the Exalted Goblin without cracking up.

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
What's David Duke up to these days? I thought he tried going mainstream years ago. No one ever actually believed that though. I think it was mostly assumed that he just laid off the hard core rhetoric but never really changed his views.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
There's a lot of support in the South for taking strong and decisive action to build a wall and deport illegals, etc. This should come as no surprise to anyone.

There are KKK Members in the North as well.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
There is mass appeal in a mass deportation. The Repubs have finally found a platform that KKK members and Moonbeam can agree with. That's a solid foundation for a campaign.

WHAMPOM

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
Have enough $Millions in your pocket and you get a red carpet ride to the front of the immigration que.