Former KKK Grand Wizard Endorses Trump

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Of course, it goes without saying that this is completely and fundamentally different from the Democrats putting a former KKK Big Beagle* in the top five succession for the Presidency.

*Can't remember his actual title and too busy/apathetic to look it up. Pretty sure it was a made-up or arcane word that rhymed with beagle though.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
There's a lot of support in the South for taking strong and decisive action to build a wall and deport illegals, etc. This should come as no surprise to anyone.

JockoJohnson

Golden Member
May 20, 2009
Let's see if Trump denounces it first. At least when Farakhan said he supported Obama, Obama distanced himself from it.

Also, did Trump actively seek the KKK's support?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Of course, it goes without saying that this is completely and fundamentally different from the Democrats putting a former KKK Big Beagle* in the top five succession for the Presidency.

*Can't remember his actual title and too busy/apathetic to look it up. Pretty sure it was a made-up or arcane word that rhymed with beagle though.

I'm not sure, do you view people who currently and unapologetically hold racist views to be the same thing as people who have apologized and publicly repudiated formerly held racist views to be the same thing?

If not, that seems like an awfully big difference to me, wouldn't you say?

Feb 6, 2007
You can't pick your supporters. But if your message is going over well with the KKK, it might be worth examining your views.

Exophase

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2012
You can't pick your supporters. But if your message is going over well with the KKK, it might be worth examining your views.

You know what they say about Hitler being a vegetarian. Were someone like that to endorse a well known vegetarian's anti-meat stance I'm sure they'd be mortified but I wouldn't say that alone should get them to reconsider.

I guess a sort of equivalent today would be ISIS supporting some of the same Twitter block lists or targets that some social justice advocates support.

Trump's comments stand on his own, we don't need the KKK to inform us that they're racist.

Nov 30, 2006

His title was Exalted Cyclops (D)....lol.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

Of course David Duke is still a member just not the HRIC. As opposed to someone who renounced his membership in the group along with said group.

Bit of a difference.

retrospooty

Platinum Member
Apr 3, 2002

Exactly. I know not all reps think that way. most of them are good people, but seriously the anti-brown people rhetoric has got to be toned down. It's starting to whip up into a fury not seen since Germany in the late 1930's. Stop blaming all your problems on immigrants. Maybe, just maybe you can be responsible for yourselves.

Feb 6, 2007
You know what they say about Hitler being a vegetarian. Were someone like that to endorse a well known vegetarian's anti-meat stance I'm sure they'd be mortified but I wouldn't say that alone should get them to reconsider.

I guess a sort of equivalent today would be ISIS supporting some of the same Twitter block lists or targets that some social justice advocates support.

Trump's comments stand on his own, we don't need the KKK to inform us that they're racist.

If ISIS took something I said and endorsed it, it would certainly cause me to reflect on it, even if it was something utterly benign like "lamb is quite tasty." It wouldn't get me to change my views on lamb, but it would warrant a quick "wait, why are these shitheads agreeing with me" check.

His title was Exalted Cyclops (D)....lol.

I know you're not supposed to praise hate groups, but can we at least agree that the KKK has some pretty incredible titles? It does nothing to redeem the group as a whole (just like the SS aren't redeemed by their excellent Hugo Boss uniforms), but Grand Dragon or Exalted Cyclops are way better than "chief <whatever> officer" or "lieutenant colonel." They sound like a really dedicated WOW guild.

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
Let's see if Trump denounces it first. At least when Farakhan said he supported Obama, Obama distanced himself from it.

Also, did Trump actively seek the KKK's support?

The new black panther party endorsed obama. I guess racists wanna kill whitey types love obama's message. obama did not distance himself from the NBPP... he marched down the street in solidarity with them. The leader of the NBPP even openly advocated violence against whites.

So should I really give a crap if Trump doesn't have a press conference about this endorsement?

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
The new black panther party endorsed obama. I guess racists wanna kill whitey types love obama's message. obama did not distance himself from the NBPP... he marched down the street in solidarity with them. The leader of the NBPP even openly advocated violence against whites.

So should I really give a crap if Trump doesn't have a press conference about this endorsement?

This

Exophase

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2012

That's about the size of it.. and I'm sure you can find more extreme black nationalist groups who endorsed Obama.

It's a two party system here with both parties receiving pretty broad support, you will find terrible and extreme ideologies on both ends and inevitably a lot of them will support whoever is the most favored candidate on their side.

That's not to say the KKK isn't specifically aligning with Trump's racism, I just don't think you need this kind of reverse appeal to authority (appeal to awfulness??) to evaluate them.

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
KKK is so irrelevant in today's world, I don't see Trump responding any bigger then maybe some wisecrack about how how everybody loves him and there is plenty of him to go around.

Anyhow, at the begininning I really disliked Trump, but I have grown to appreciate the man.

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
I know you're not supposed to praise hate groups, but can we at least agree that the KKK has some pretty incredible titles? It does nothing to redeem the group as a whole (just like the SS aren't redeemed by their excellent Hugo Boss uniforms), but Grand Dragon or Exalted Cyclops are way better than "chief officer" or "lieutenant colonel." They sound like a really dedicated WOW guild.
Definitely true - check out this list of Klan terms - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ku_Klux_Klan_titles_and_vocabulary

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

Why. I have nothing but sympathetic contempt for illegal aliens not because they are often brown, but because they disrupt and destroy the orderly immigration of law abiding people who want to come here but cut ahead out of desperate need. A lot of the people who are trying to come legally are not themselves better off but ARE obeying our laws. I don't much give a shit what the law is or if it is changed, but abide by it.