Former Justice Department Lawyer Accuses Holder of Dropping New Black Panther Case fo

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
yeah yeah i know its fox but get over that and read it.

black panther case

A former Justice Department attorney who quit his job to protest the Obama administration's handling of the New Black Panther Party voter intimidation case is accusing Attorney General Eric Holder of dropping the charges for political reasons.

J. Christian Adams, now an attorney in Virginia and a conservative blogger, also accuses Deputy Attorney General Thomas Perez of lying under oath to Congress about the circumstances surrounding the decision to drop the probe.

The Justice Department has defended its move to drop the case, saying it obtained an injunction against one member to keep him away from polling stations while dismissing charges against the others "based on a careful assessment of the facts and the law."

But Adams says politics was at play in the dismissal.

"Based on my firsthand experiences, I believe the dismissal of the Black Panther case was motivated by a lawless hostility toward equal enforcement of the law," he wrote in an opinion article published last week in The Washington Times.

/snipped since its rather long

yes i know fox is not always truthfull.

i wondered why this case was dropped. IF this is true this is not good for Obama. wonder if this is going to be looked at?

it would surprise me if they actually did it. just don't seem a smart thing to do for people you don't know.

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
Well let the proof be in the video. I knew I remembered this. At no time did the guys intimidate anyone. While I don't think he should have been there with a night stick, white people were going in and out with no problem. And let me remind some folks, there had been some talk that blacks could face intimidation at polling places because of Obama running for president. Now I am not saying the dudes were right, but they bothered no one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neGbKHyGuHU

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
We already know where the current administration stands on these kinds of issues. We knew it before the election since we knew where BO sat in pews for 20 years listening to the teachings of rev. Wright. This should not be a surprise.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Well let the proof be in the video. I knew I remembered this. At no time did the guys intimidate anyone. While I don't think he should have been there with a night stick, white people were going in and out with no problem. And let me remind some folks, there had been some talk that blacks could face intimidation at polling places because of Obama running for president. Now I am not saying the dudes were right, but they bothered no one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neGbKHyGuHU

I don't care about that. there are witness's for and against it. rehashing that topic is not my point.

my point is IF what this guy is saying is true what are the ramifications to the white house? this is not good. Makes me wonder if they are going to investigate or is this going to get swept under.

I really hope this guy is lieing and just trying to get his name out. I would hate to see something like this tarnish the white house or DOJ. It has had enough of that over the last 12 years

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
I don't care about that. there are witness's for and against it. rehashing that topic is not my point.

my point is IF what this guy is saying is true what are the ramifications to the white house? this is not good. Makes me wonder if they are going to investigate or is this going to get swept under.

I really hope this guy is lieing and just trying to get his name out. I would hate to see something like this tarnish the white house or DOJ. It has had enough of that over the last 12 years

Hey I am not defending anyone, but the video speaks for itself. There was one guy with a night stick and the fact is they bothered no one. Those are the facts. Anyone who looks at the video can see they said nothing to no one and whites were going in and out with no issue. Should he have been out there with a nightstick? No. But to take resources of the federal government to prosecute them on some voter intimidation when the video doesn't really show that is quite silly. And they moved away from it because the criminal complaint was succesfully moved forward. What was the result of the criminal complaint? Probably nothing when you look at the damn video.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Hey I am not defending anyone, but the video speaks for itself. There was one guy with a night stick and the fact is they bothered no one. Those are the facts. Anyone who looks at the video can see they said nothing to no one and whites were going in and out with no issue. Should he have been out there with a nightstick? No. But to take resources of the federal government to prosecute them on some voter intimidation when the video doesn't really show that is quite silly. And they moved away from it because the criminal complaint was succesfully moved forward. What was the result of the criminal complaint? Probably nothing when you look at the damn video.

you do know that the DOJ WON the case? but again this thread is not about that. there is another arguing IF they did it and what should happen to them.

i care what this can do to the white house and the already tarnished image of the US president.

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
you do know that the DOJ WON the case? but again this thread is not about that. there is another arguing IF they did it and what should happen to them.

i care what this can do to the white house and the already tarnished image of the US president.

Tarnished image? Come on now, lets leave the catchy talk phrases to the pundits.

PJABBER

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001

The case was WON by the DOJ. And dismissed by the new leadership of the Obama Justice Department just prior to sentencing.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Tarnished image? Come on now, lets leave the catchy talk phrases to the pundits.

you don't think it will? having Obama's people tell them to drop it (after its WON) nto to long after he voted in? you don't think this will tarnish his image?

i disagree. i think it will. After clinton lieing under oath, Bush (really what else needs to be said?) etc.

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
Hey look, this is a smoking gun, where there is no smoking gun.

Here are the facts

The Justice Department has defended its move to drop the case, saying it obtained an injunction against one member to keep him away from polling stations while dismissing charges against the others "based on a careful assessment of the facts and the law."

They got an injunction against the one guy, I assume the baton holder. The video shows that they bothered no one, they said nothing, and whites are going in and out with zero issues. This is what the video shows plain and simple. The only people who made a big deal out of it was the guy looking for "15 minutes of fame". Not one drop of violence from these guys and zero verbal threats against anyone.

The former justice attorney, here are the facts

J. Christian Adams, now an attorney in Virginia and a conservative blogger, also accuses Deputy Attorney General Thomas Perez of lying under oath to Congress about the circumstances surrounding the decision to drop the probe.

But Adams told Fox News that politics and race was at play in the dismissal.

A conservative blogger who claims it was based on race. What proof does he have? Because the guys were black and the ones in charge are black? How many whites have been pardoned, been given reprieve by other whites in charge? Did they just do it because they were white? I have not seen or heard one shred of evidence these guys bothered anyone in any form or fashion. He had a night stick which I admit can across as hostile. But the fact is, he bothered no one.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
This could become a problem for the Admin and Holder.

The United States Commission on Civil Rights has an active investigation about this and Adams is testifying. Given that he was the lead attorney on this case, it may be hard to ignore his accusations (including his accusation that Perez committed perjury).

The 'optics' aren't good either, The commission has subpoened the attorneys in the DoJ but they have been told NOT to comply.

Adama has also claimed that after the dismissal, Justice Department attorneys were instructed not to bring any more cases against racial minorities under the Voting Section. That won't go over well if substaniated.

BTW: For those saying there's nothing to the accusation because they don't see it on the video - they have affidavits from people that there was voter intimidation. I believe they also have other videos (from cell phones) documenting it. In any case, you don't have to actually comit violence to rise to 'intimidation.

Legal definition if intimidate according to wiki:

Intimidation (also called cowing) is intentional behavior "which would cause a person of ordinary sensibilities" fear of injury or harm. It's not necessary to prove that the behavior was so violent as to cause terror or that the victim was actually frightened

It's hard for me see how the Black panthers actions did not meet the above definition.

Fern

PJABBER

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001

Here are the facts

You know nothing about the case as you are basing your statement on a single YouTube video. The case was not built on that video but on witness testimony that came from people attempting to vote and poll watchers at the scene. The intimidation was not captured on video, which was taken by a student journalist from the University of Pennsylvania AFTER the intimidation occurred, but it does show the appearance and posture of the two NBPP thugs that did the intimidating.

A conservative blogger who claims it was based on race. What proof does he have? Because the guys were black and the ones in charge are black? How many whites have been pardoned, been given reprieve by other whites in charge? Did they just do it because they were white? I have not seen or heard one shred of evidence these guys bothered anyone in any form or fashion. He had a night stick which I admit can across as hostile. But the fact is, he bothered no one.
The person making the charges is a career voting rights government attorney. He resigned in protest at the blatant discrimination he saw in the case dismissal. He is joined in this protest by the entire leadership of the U.S. Civil Rights Commission, all of whom are U.S. attorneys. See the above letter that I linked in Post #13.

He is only an incidental blogger as a means of getting his perspective out, now that he is not a government attorney.

Last edited:

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
-snip-
A conservative blogger who claims it was based on race. What proof does he have?

A Conservative blogger?

The guy was the lead DoJ attorney on the case. I can think of no one who should be more knowlegeable about it. Now he may be biased or something, but to act like he doesn't know anything about the case tells me you might like to do a little reading on the matter before posting much more.

Fern

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000

Here are the facts

They got an injunction against the one guy, I assume the baton holder. The video shows that they bothered no one, they said nothing, and whites are going in and out with zero issues. This is what the video shows plain and simple. The only people who made a big deal out of it was the guy looking for "15 minutes of fame". Not one drop of violence from these guys and zero verbal threats against anyone.

The former justice attorney, here are the facts

again classy. i am NOT arguing IF the case was voter intimidation or not. the DOJ WON the case that means legally it was.

I am questioning how this can effect the administration IF the allegations of this guy are true or not.

Fern: yeah there seems to be a lot of circumstantial evidence that says this guy is telling the truth. I just wonder if it is going to get really investigated or not.

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
This could become a problem for the Admin and Holder.

The United States Commission on Civil Rights has an active investigation about this and Adams is testifying. Given that he was the lead attorney on this case, it may be hard to ignore his accusations (including his accusation that Perez committed perjury).

The 'optics' aren't good either, The commission has subpoened the attorneys in the DoJ but they have been told NOT to comply.

Adama has also claimed that after the dismissal, Justice Department attorneys were instructed not to bring any more cases against racial minorities under the Voting Section. That won't go over well if substaniated.

BTW: For those saying there's nothing to the accusation because they don't see it on the video - they have affidavits from people that there was voter intimidation. I believe they also have other videos (from cell phones) documenting it. In any case, you don't have to actually comit violence to rise to 'intimidation.

Legal definition if intimidate according to wiki:

It's hard for me see how the Black panthers actions did not meet the above definition.

Fern

Everything you said is true, but the video does not agree with the assessment. There are at least 5-7 whites in the video going in and out voting with no apparent fear of anyone. Two guys and a girl, all white are standing outside, casually talking on their cell phones showing zero fear or anxiety from these two Black Panthers.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
The inherit logical flaw in this whole thread is the Justice department, or any prosecutor for that matter has enough time and funding to prosecute every single violation of law. If they did, the courts and prisons would be jammed with jaywalkers, sidewalk spitters, and those who tear the tags off mattresses.

Don't like the choices of whom to prosecute made by various prosecutors, get your self elected to their job and you can be the chooser.

PJABBER

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
Here is the actual case made against the New Black Panthers Party in Philadelphia -

N THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE
EASTERN DISTRICT OF PENNSYLVANIA THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA,
Plaintiff, v. CIVIL ACTION NO.: 09-0065
NEW BLACK PANTHER PARTY
FOR SELF-DEFENSE, an
unincorporated association, MALIK ZULU
SHABAZZ, MINISTER KING SAMIR
SHABAZZ aka MAURICE HEATH, and
JERRY JACKSON,
Defendants. ____________________________________

COMPLAINT
The United States of America, Plaintiff, alleges:
1. The Attorney General files this action seeking injunctive and declaratory relief pursuant to Section 11(b) of the Voting Rights Act of 1965, as amended, 42 U.S.C. § § 1973, 1973i(b) (2000).
2. This Court has jurisdiction of this action pursuant to 28 U.S.C. § 1345 and 42 U.S.C. § 1973j(f).
3. The Attorney General of the United States has standing to bring this action on behalf of the United States pursuant to 42 U.S.C. § 1973(j)(d).
4. Defendant New Black Panther Party for Self-Defense is an unincorporated association with operations and members throughout the United States, including in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
4. Defendant Malik Zulu Shabazz is an individual residing in Washington, D.C. He is the self-styled "Attorney at War" of the Defendant New Black Panther Party for Self-Defense, and exercises organizational control as head, or chairman, of the Defendant New Black Panther Party for Self-Defense.
5. Defendant Minister King Samir Shabazz a.k.a. Maurice Heath is a resident of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He is leader of the Philadelphia chapter of the Defendant New Black Panther Party for Self-Defense. 6. Defendant Jerry Jackson is a resident of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He is a member of the Philadelphia chapter of the Defendant New Black Panther Party for Self-Defense.
7. Defendants New Black Panther Party for Self-Defense, Malik Zulu Shabazz, Samir Shabazz, and Jerry Jackson have engaged in coercion, threats, and intimidation, and attempted coercion, threats, and intimidation of voters, and those aiding voters, in violation of Section 11(b) of the Voting Rights Act of 1965, 42 U.S.C. § 1973i(b).
8. On November 4, 2008, during the federal general election, the Defendants Samir Shabazz and Jerry Jackson deployed at the entrance of a polling location at 1221 Fairmount Street in the City of Philadelphia. The Defendants wore military style uniforms associated with the Defendant New Black Panther Party for Self-Defense. These uniforms included black berets, combat boots, bloused battle dress pants, rank insignia, Defendant New Black Panther Party for Self-Defense insignia, and black jackets.
9. During his deployment at the polls on November 4, 2008, at the entrance to the polling location at 1221 Fairmount Street, and in the presence of voters, Defendant Samir Shabazz brandished a deadly weapon. The weapon deployed was a nightstick, or baton. The baton included a contoured grip and wrist lanyard. Throughout the course of this deployment at the polling location, and while the polls were open for voting, Defendant Samir Shabazz pointed the weapon at individuals, menacingly tapped it his other hand, or menacingly tapped it elsewhere. This activity occurred approximately eight to fifteen feet from the entrance to the polling location. Defendant Samir Shabazz was accompanied by Defendant Jerry Jackson during this activity, and the two men stood side by side, in apparent formation, throughout most of this deployment.
10. Defendants Samir Shabazz and Jackson made statements containing racial threats and racial insults at both black and white individuals at 1221 Fairmount Street on November 4, 2008, while the polls were open for voting.
11. At the polling place at 1221 Fairmount Street on November 4, 2008, Defendants Samir Shabazz and Jackson made menacing and intimidating gestures, statements and movements directed at individuals who were present to aid voters.
12. Defendants New Black Panther Party for Self-Defense and Malik Zulu Shabazz managed, directed, and endorsed the behavior, actions and statements of Defendants Samir Shabazz and Jackson at 1221 Fairmount Street on November 4, 2008, alleged in this Complaint. Prior to the election, Defendant New Black Panther Party for Self-Defense made statements and posted notice that over 300 members of the New Black Panther Party for Self-Defense would be deployed at polling locations during voting on November 4, 2008, throughout the United States. After the election, Defendant Malik Zulu Shabazz made statements adopting and endorsing the deployment, behavior, and statements of Defendants Samir Shabazz and Jackson at 1221 Fairmount Street in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
13. Defendant New Black Panther Party for Self-Defense and Defendant Samir Shabazz avowedly endorse and support racially-motived violence. Defendant Samir Shabazz has made statements attributed to him in various newspapers supporting violence against non-black individuals and violence directed toward non-blacks and Jews. Defendant New Black Panther Party for Self-Defense is a black-supremacist organization which uses military-style uniforms, has auxiliary groups such as the "Panther Youth," and is explicitly hostile toward non-black and Jewish individuals in both rhetoric and practice. Defendant New Black Panther Party for Self-Defense has an active presence in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, in part through the efforts of Defendant Samir Shabazz.
FIRST CAUSE OF ACTION:
INTIMIDATION OF VOTERS
14. Plaintiff hereby realleges and incorporates by reference ¶¶ 1 - 13 above.
15. Section 11(b) of the Voting Rights Act provides that: "No person,. . . shall intimidate, threaten, or coerce . . . any person for voting or attempting to vote." § 1973i(b).
16. Defendants have violated Section 11(b) by the deployment of armed and uniformed personnel at the entrance to the polling location at 1221 Fairmount Street in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, on November 4, 2008. The loud and open use of racial slurs and insults at this polling location, directed at both black and white individuals, enhanced the intimidating and threatening presence at the polling location. The behavior and statements of the Defendants intimidated and threatened voters and potential voters, in violation of Section 11(b) of the Voting Rights Act.
17. Unless enjoined by this Court, Defendants and those acting in concert with them, will continue to violate Section 11(b) of the Voting Rights Act by continuing to direct intimidation, threats, and coercion at voters and potential voters, by again deploying uniformed and armed members at the entrance to polling locations in future elections, both in Philadelphia, and throughout the United States.
18. "Whenever any person has engaged" in a violation of Section 11(b) by intimidating or threatening voters, the Attorney General may seek "an action for preventive relief." § 1973j(d).
SECOND CAUSE OF ACTION
ATTEMPTED INTIMIDATION OF VOTERS
19. Plaintiff hereby realleges and incorporates by reference ¶¶ 1 - 18 above.
20. Section 11(b) of the Voting Rights Act provides that: "No person . . . shall . . . attempt to intimidate, threaten, or coerce" any voter. § 1973i(b). Attempts to intimidate, threaten or coerce voters, violate Section 11(b), even if such attempts are unsuccessful.
21. Defendants have violated Section 11(b) by attempting to intimidate, threaten, or coerce voters by the deployment of armed and uniformed personnel at the entrance to the polling location at 1221 Fairmount Street in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, on November 4, 2008. The deployment, and the accompanying behavior, was an attempt to intimidate, threaten, and coerce voters. The brandishing of a weapon at the very entrance of a polling location on November 4, 2008, demonstrates that the Defendants' reliance on the potential use of force was an attempt to have an effect of certain voters. The behavior and statements of the Defendants intimidated and threatened voters and potential voters, in violation of Section 11(b) of the Voting Rights Act. The deployment of armed and uniformed individuals at the entrance to a polling location represents an attempt to have an intimidating and threatening effect on certain voters.
22. Unless enjoined by this Court, Defendants and those acting in concert with them, will continue to violate Section 11(b) of the Voting Rights Act by continuing to attempt to intimidate, threaten and coerce voters and potential voters, by again deploying uniformed and armed members at the entrance to polling locations in future elections, both in Philadelphia, and throughout the United States.
23. "Whenever any person has engaged" in a violation of Section 11(b) by attempting to intimidate or threaten voters, the Attorney General may seek "an action for preventive relief."
THIRD CAUSE OF ACTION:
INTIMIDATION OF INDIVIDUALS AIDING VOTERS
24. Plaintiff hereby realleges and incorporates by reference ¶¶ 1 - 23 above.
25. Section 11(b) also protects those who aid voters or urge them to vote. Section 11(b) of the Voting Rights Act provides that: "No person . . . shall . . . intimidate, threaten, or coerce any person for urging or aiding any person to vote or attempt to vote." § 1973i(b).
26. The Defendants intimidated and threatened those urging or aiding persons to vote at 1221 Fairmount Street on November 4, 2008 and thereby violated § 1973i(b). These efforts included, but were not limited to, doing the following to protected individuals: brandishing a deadly weapon toward them, directing racial slurs and insults at them, and attempting to prevent their authorized ingress and egress at the polling location through blockage of the entrance and the threat of force.
27. Unless enjoined by this Court, Defendants and those acting in concert with them, will continue to violate Section 11(b) of the Voting Rights Act by continuing to intimidate, threaten, and coerce individuals urging and aiding voters, by again deploying uniformed and armed members at the entrance to polling locations in future elections, both in Philadelphia, and throughout the United States.
28. "Whenever any person has engaged” in a violation of Section 11(b) by intimidating or threatening those urging and aiding voters, the Attorney General may seek "an action for preventive relief." § 1973j(d).
FOURTH CAUSE OF ACTION:
ATTEMPTED INTIMIDATION OF INDIVIDUALS AIDING VOTERS
29. Plaintiff hereby realleges and incorporates by reference ¶¶ 1 - 28 above.
30. Section 11(b) protects those who aid voters or urge them to vote. Section 11(b) of the Voting Rights Act provides that: "No person . . . shall . . . attempt to intimidate, threaten, or coerce any person for urging or aiding any person to vote or attempt to vote." § 1973i(b).
31. The Defendants attempted to intimidate and threaten those urging or aiding persons to vote at 1221 Fairmount Street on November 4, 2008 and violated § 1973i(b). These efforts included, but were not limited to, doing the following to protected individuals: brandishing a deadly weapon toward them, directing racial slurs and insults at them, and attempting to prevent their authorized ingress and egress at the polling location through blockage of the entrance and the threat of force. These statements and actions evidence an attempt to intimidate or threaten those who were present at the polling place to aid voters.
32. Unless enjoined by this Court, Defendants and those acting in concert with them, will continue to violate Section 11(b) of the Voting Rights Act by again attempting to intimidate, threaten, and coerce individuals urging and aiding voters, and by again deploying uniformed and armed members at the entrance to polling locations in future elections, both in Philadelphia, and throughout the United States.
33. "Whenever person has engaged" in a violation of Section 11(b) by attempting to intimidate or threaten those urging and aiding voters, the Attorney General may seek "an action for preventive relief." § 1973j(d).
WHEREFORE, the Plaintiff, United States of America, prays for an order that:
(a) Declares that Defendants have violated Section 11(b) of the Voting Rights Act, 42 U.S.C. § 1973i(b), by coercing, threatening, and intimidating voters;
(b) Declares that Defendants have violated Section 11(b) of the Voting Rights Act, 42 U.S.C. § 1973i(b), by attempting to coerce, threaten, and intimidate voters;
(c) Declares that Defendants have violated Section 11(b) of the Voting Rights Act, 42 U.S.C. § 1973i(b), by coercing, threatening, and intimidating those urging or aiding voters to vote;
(d) Declares that Defendants have violated Section 11(b) of the Voting Rights Act, 42 U.S.C. § 1973i(b), by attempting to coerce, threaten, and intimidate those urging or aiding voters to vote;
(e) Permanently enjoins Defendants, their agents and successors in office, and all persons acting in concert with them, from deploying athwart the entrance to polling locations either with weapons or in the uniform of the Defendant New Black Panther Party, or both, and from otherwise engaging in coercing, threatening, or intimidating, behavior at polling locations during elections.
(f) Plaintiff further requests that this Court:
(1) Award Plaintiff the costs and disbursements associated with the filing and maintenance of this action;
(2) Award such other equitable and further relief as the Court deems just and proper.
Respectfully Submitted, MICHAEL B. MUKASEY
Attorney General of the United States
__________/s/______________
GRACE CHUNG BECKER
Acting Assistant Attorney General
Civil Rights Division
_________/s/______________
H. CHRISTOPHER COATES
Chief, Voting Section
_________/s/______________
ROBERT POPPER
Deputy Chief,
Voting Section
________/s/_______________
J. CHRISTIAN ADAMS
Attorney, Voting Section
South Carolina Bar #: 7146
Department of Justice
Civil Rights Division
Voting Section
950 Pennsylvania Ave. NW
Room 7124 - NWB
Washington, D.C. 20530
J.christian.adams@usdoj.gov
(202) 616-4227
Updated July 25, 2008

Note that the career Voting Rights U.S. Department of Justice Attorney Adams that resigned in protest at the DOJ dropping the case is the last signatory of this case. He is only incidentally blogging to explain the circumstance of the case now that he is no longer a U.S. Attorney.

Last edited:

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
-snip-
Fern: yeah there seems to be a lot of circumstantial evidence that says this guy is telling the truth. I just wonder if it is going to get really investigated or not.

The problem I see is that the United States Commission on Civil Rights doesn't appear to have much enforcement authority.

And since the Repubs are in the minority in both House and Senate (and therefore control no committees) I do not forsee them being able to open any kind of House/Senate investigation.

Depending upon the power the United States Commission on Civil Rights has, or doesn't, might take a media sh!t storm to make anything really happen.

Fern

Last edited:

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
You know nothing about the case as you are basing your statement on a single YouTube video. The case was not built on that video but on witness testimony that came from people attempting to vote and poll watchers at the scene. The intimidation was not captured on video, which was taken by a student journalist from the University of Pennsylvania AFTER the intimidation occurred, but it does show the appearance and posture of the two NBPP thugs that did the intimidating.

The person making the charges is a career voting rights government attorney. He resigned in protest at the blatant discrimination he saw in the case dismissal. He is joined in this protest by the entire leadership of the U.S. Civil Rights Commission, all of whom are U.S. attorneys. See the above letter that I linked in Post #13.

He is only an incidental blogger as a means of getting his perspective out, now that he is not a government attorney.

That can't be all factual or true. And let me say this up front. I am not defending these guys at all. The only problem I have is the accusation from this white conservative attorney who claims it was based on race. So thats my argument. Now obviuosly what your saying jabs can't be completely true. Why? Because white people are standing and going in and out of the voting place with no apparent fear of these two guys. So unless these are super blacks, lol, who had the power to know which whites were voting for Obama and which ones were not, I highly doubt they were having a damn selection process in front of the voting place. Thats all I am saying. The night stick was definately a problem, but all this by this attorney by quitting is nothing more than getting his white 15 minutes of fame protesting against the evil black president. I hate to say it like that, but thats all this looks like to me. Now we all are working with very little detailed information. But this sounds like bs to me.

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
Note that the career Voting Rights U.S. Department of Justice Attorney Adams that resigned in protest at the DOJ dropping the case is the last signatory of this case. He is only incidentally blogging to explain the circumstance of the case now that he is no longer a U.S. Attorney.

Well thats the complaint. It doesn't say what they were found guilty of. And a large portion of the complaint is against Black Panthers in general, numbers 12-13. While its detestable to be in any racial hate group, its not illegal.

PJABBER

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
That can't be all factual or true. And let me say this up front. I am not defending these guys at all. The only problem I have is the accusation from this white conservative attorney who claims it was based on race. So thats my argument. Now obviuosly what your saying jabs can't be completely true. Why? Because white people are standing and going in and out of the voting place with no apparent fear of these two guys. So unless these are super blacks, lol, who had the power to know which whites were voting for Obama and which ones were not, I highly doubt they were having a damn selection process in front of the voting place. Thats all I am saying. The night stick was definately a problem, but all this by this attorney by quitting is nothing more than getting his white 15 minutes of fame protesting against the evil black president. I hate to say it like that, but thats all this looks like to me. Now we all are working with very little detailed information. But this sounds like bs to me.

I guess we can accept that you yourself have a personal racial bias and choose to level unfounded racial accusations against the government attorneys that brought this case. That is the typical liberal race card being played in all its glory.

The only problem is that, in your personal bias and prejudice, you fail to recognize these guys are specifically charged and have been active their entire careers in bringing cases against all kinds of parties in support of the Voting Rights Act. They are the government attorneys that prosecute people who are the racists and the intimidators, in this case NBPP racists that happen to be black.

IMHO, you are truly a woeful and willful ignoramus, and I don't say that lightly. :awe:.

Hence, I am pleased to refer you to the recent case load for this section of the U.S. Department of Justice, which I am sure you will not bother to check out as you are firm in your racist bias -

VOTING SECTION LITIGATION

Last edited: