[Forbes] Diablo III Player Gets Cold-Shoulder From Blizzard Regarding RMAH Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
http://www.forbes.com/sites/gregvoa...ard-regarding-real-money-auction-house-error/

It’s been at least a week since Diablo 3 player “Weavols” successfully auctioned off an item called “Sealed Links” for $99 US Dollars, and he’s yet to see a single penny from Blizzard

Here’s the breakdown:

• Blizzard customer service follows up with a ticket from a previous phone call with Weavols.
  • Weavols replies to the ticket status, stating he has not received any money for the item.
  • Another Blizzard customer service rep responds with very impersonal canned response
  • Weavols replies to the ticket with “It has been 5 days. No money, no item. It was a $99 dollar sale. Please halp.”
  • Customer service rep reply with canned response intro, and refers to an investigation of Weavols’ auction house activity log with no record of him selling the item.
  • Weavols points out where it can be seen.
  • Customer service canned response, adding that they “personally taken a look” at the situation.
  • Weavols replies with “We’re talking about a hundred dollars. That doesn’t just disappear into the wind and you get to apologize. Completely unacceptable. You really need to make this right.”
  • Canned response intro, apology for “confusing” the items. Customer service cites the wrong item, thinks Weavols was trying to buy an item himself.
  • Weavols clarifies he was not the buyer, but the seller himself. Offers to take a screenshot of his auction house activity log.
  • Final ticket reply from customer service states “We are unable to tinker with Auction House issues as Game Masters have limited functionality when it comes to supporting Diablo III.” Apologizes for the inconvenience.
And that, my friends, appears to be how Blizzard support handles the mistakes they make when dealing with people’s money earned through the platform they developed to put the money back in the player’s hands. The conclusion is still unclear, but it appears to be a closed case for Blizzard—no record of it on their end, no money on Weavols’ end. This is one isolated incident, but raises questions of how many other players have had a similar experience either without knowing it, or have just been keeping it quiet.

Just putting this one out there as well. More poor and bad business practices from Activision/Blizzard related to Diablo 3. Not holding up their end of the RMAH transaction service.

Looks like it's not even safe to use as you can lose both your item and your money.

Closed on OP's request
-ViRGE

Last edited by a moderator:

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
Sad day when the chinese sites are more legit then the dev/pub themselves lol

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
My guess is as with not predicting enough servers for opening day they didn't predict that people would complain about the auction house not working correctly either. Silly gamers. Just buy the game and stfu whiners. They gave you the privilege to spend your money on their game that they let you play. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

gothamhunter

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2010
Or...maybe that support person didn't fully understand and he shouldn't give up. Sometimes tech support people are morons.

Arsinek

Feb 9, 2010
Meh, a hype article. Like this kind of thing doesnt happen all the time in every business ever created. Theyre trying to cash in on the negative D3 hype bandwagon.

spaceman

Lifer
Dec 4, 2000
game is crap
prolly will never play again
definitely wont buy any exp or sequel
gg

Nintendesert

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2010
Circle the wagons circle the wagon! Don't let these people attack our precious Blizzard!! The article is a lie! They're all liars! I love Blizzard, they take my money soooo good! It is an online game, you should expect it to not work properly. Stupid customers don't know how to properly lower their expectations when playing our beloved Blizzard titles.

cronos

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 2001
Circle the wagons circle the wagon! Don't let these people attack our precious Blizzard!! The article is a lie! They're all liars! I love Blizzard, they take my money soooo good! It is an online game, you should expect it to not work properly. Stupid customers don't know how to properly lower their expectations when playing our beloved Blizzard titles.

This. Haters gonna hate, and whiners gonna whine. What else is new?

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Meh, a hype article. Like this kind of thing doesnt happen all the time in every business ever created. Theyre trying to cash in on the negative D3 hype bandwagon.

Sorry sir, I respect you but right now you're sounding like a blind fanboy.

borisvodofsky

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2010

stfu noob, come back and say that when you lose $100 to the RMAH :biggrin:

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
technical support are fucking morons. Call back until you get an intelligent person. Same procedure no matter what company you talk to, verizon, AT&T, comast, blizzard, excel energy, etc.

Nintendesert

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2010
stfu noob, come back and say that when you lose $100 to the RMAH :biggrin:

$100 is a small price to pay to keep these quality Blizzard titles coming to us. I willingly take these ass-reamings and ripoffs because the games Blizzard made us 15 years ago are simply that good! I support you Activision Blizzard! :wub:

supremor

Dec 2, 2010
Kinda offtopic but I find it funny how seriously you take this anti Diablo 3 crusade of your's Groove. Do you honestly have nothing better to except making threads about every little problem that crops up with D3?
We get it, you didn't like the game but is it really necessary to take it this far?

Now you can go ahead and call me a fanboy when in reality I never cared much for Blizzard or their game franchises and I do agree Diablo 3 is a flawed game as I'm sure many do but I think you're taking this a little too personally.

Glitchny

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2002
Lol another D3 hate thread from Groove.

Pretty shitty situation with the customer service messing up. Hopefully they will resolve the issue and he gets paid, but this is a non-issue for me as I don't use the RMAH.

Also considering there was a bug in EVE that let at least two players make $175k the other day and nobody is up in arms about that, this really does seem a tad over-hyped.

PhatoseAlpha

Platinum Member
Apr 10, 2005
Yeah, read about this one. It's pretty awful treatment any way you look at it.

But...er....is it just me, or does Forbes seem to be covering an awful lot of gaming news for what's supposed to be a financial publication? I mean, they were all over Mass Effect 3, and now this? Why Forbes?

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Yeah, read about this one. It's pretty awful treatment any way you look at it.

But...er....is it just me, or does Forbes seem to be covering an awful lot of gaming news for what's supposed to be a financial publication? I mean, they were all over Mass Effect 3, and now this? Why Forbes?

Games are BIG money. Understanding how the public perceives a certain title or company can help with business decisions, especially if theres lawsuits or payouts.

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
Games are BIG money. Understanding how the public perceives a certain title or company can help with business decisions, especially if theres lawsuits or payouts.

The game companies would have you think otherwise. They are struggling entities just getting by. What papers you been reading?

IEC

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jun 10, 2004
Shrug. I'm making money off of idio... I mean, generous benefactors who buy my stuff off the RMAH :p

Jadow

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2003
D3 started out fun, but has really turned into a turd. their 1.03 patch is the worst.

they failed to capture the magic of d2

borisvodofsky

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2010
$100 is a small price to pay to keep these quality Blizzard titles coming to us. I willingly take these ass-reamings and ripoffs because the games Blizzard made us 15 years ago are simply that good! I support you Activision Blizzard! :wub:

I hope you don't reproduce. :whiste:

Necrolezbeast

Apr 11, 2002
I have quite a few friends making money off the game... seems like one person gets burned and they bitch up a storm.. tons of people a reaping the benefits and they're too busy making money and having fun to bitch..
I on the other hand am lvl 30 after buying on release... yay for lots of spare time!

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
Sensationalized garbage article etc. A rep can treat you the same way when you call verizon or AT&T and nobody gives a rat's ass because they all know to call back until they get a non-dumbass rep. What make's blizzard's customer service any different other than the nerd rage?

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
world-of-warcraft-fan-blizzcon.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.