For the people on Atkins or Low Carb

jadinolf

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
Originally posted by: Aimster
Can you eat KFC chicken without the skin?

According to KFC...YES the roasted stuff. Lay off the biscuit and other goodies

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
Originally posted by: HappyPuppy
People are still on Atkins? I thought that fad faded out.

lol. They have Atkins menus in most restaurants now.

I usually go to Ruby Tuesdays, order wings, an atkins meal and an Atkins cheesecake for desert.

TheLonelyPhoenix

Diamond Member
Feb 15, 2004

I thought so too.

Any diet where you can eat a steak dinner every night but denies you a glass of apple juice has to be full of sh!t.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
without the skin or the sides, yeah.

I was on Atkins for awhile, but went off it about a year and a half ago due to $ reasons (ie: I moved out and couldn't afford to buy meat for every meal... not to mention have the time to cook it every night).

kogase

Diamond Member
Sep 8, 2004
People here are on Atkins? I thought the members af ATOT were reasoning, inteh... oh, wait.

Riprorin

Banned
Apr 25, 2000
Lost about 25 lbs in 7 weeks and have kept the weight off for nearly two years.

I'm 44 and have ~9% BF. Looking and feeling great and getting rave reviews from my doc.

It's too bad that people are so badly informed about what Atkins is all about.

Lyfer

Diamond Member
May 28, 2003
I was considering low carb about 4 weeks ago but a good ATOT member here pursuaded me out of it. With 1-2 hours a day in the GYM and 5-6 small meals a day, I've lost 17lbs in 4 weeks AND gained muscle.:)

Riprorin

Banned
Apr 25, 2000
Originally posted by: Lyfer
I was considering low carb about 4 weeks ago but a good ATOT member here pursuaded me out of it. With 1-2 hours a day in the GYM and 5-6 small meals a day, I've lost 17lbs in 4 weeks AND gained muscle.:)

There are other benefits to eliminating sugar, white flour, starchy fruits and vegetables, trans-fats and other processed crap from you diet besides weight loss.

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
I lost weight on Atkins as well, but now that I've lost it, I've reduced the fat and increased the carbs a little bit. I still don't eat pasta, bread, and rice very often, but I also don't count the carbs.
My typical lunch now is a chicken salad at KFC or wendy's with maybe Chili or baked potato.

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003
My question about atkins is what about cholestoral and your heart? Just cause you are skinny doesnt mean eating all those fatty foods arent playing havoc on your arteries.

Mar 19, 2003
I lost 70 pounds on Atkins in 2001 as well, and I really need to get back on it; I haven't been so good about keeping it up. I've never understood why the Atkins-bashing is so popular here - if someone wants to do something about their weight and it works for them, what's so bad about that? There's just lots of ways to go about doing it, and that is one of them. :)

Trogdor91

Sep 22, 2004

:thumbsup: To you and the member who helped you. Doing things the right way earns you a :beer:

artikk

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2004
Originally posted by: SynthDude2001
I lost 70 pounds on Atkins in 2001 as well, and I really need to get back on it; I haven't been so good about keeping it up. I've never understood why the Atkins-bashing is so popular here - if someone wants to do something about their weight and it works for them, what's so bad about that? There's just lots of ways to go about doing it, and that is one of them. :)

It takes evidence to persuade the unbelievers here at ATOT. Some days I think that the only way that these people will believe anything is if they experience it or do it themselves. Henceforth, the proverb"............ in somebody's shoes........." was invented.;)

iversonyin

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2004
Originally posted by: Trogdor91

:thumbsup: To you and the member who helped you. Doing things the right way earns you a :beer:

a low-carbs one?:beer:

thirdlegstump

Banned
Feb 12, 2001
Atkins is DANGEROUS. It's just about as bad as binge eating McD's. Just eat and excercise normally and you'll be much healthier.

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Originally posted by: iversonyin
Originally posted by: Trogdor91

a low-carbs one?:beer:

Amstel :beer:

piroroadkill

Sep 27, 2004
Originally posted by: TheLonelyPhoenix

I thought so too.

Any diet where you can eat a steak dinner every night but denies you a glass of apple juice has to be full of sh!t.

Quoted for truth.

Atkins is a dangerous long term diet, this is proven many times over by everyone. It's one of those fad crash diets, it should never be looked at ANY OTHER WAY.

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Originally posted by: deathkoba
Atkins is DANGEROUS. It's just about as bad as binge eating McD's. Just eat and excercise normally and you'll be much healthier.

Staying fat is also dangerous. I watched supersize me, and the doing Atkins is like watching that movie in reverse. You lose weight and have more energy.