For $1 million, would you...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Tifababy

Feb 5, 2001
Just get in the elevator (all malls have elevators for handicap people if they're more than one floor), push the emergency stop button and collect your money in 8 hours.

Edit: Doh, irishScott editted his post to add the elevator idea.

Saulbadguy

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2003
I'm willing to wager the lions would never figure out the escalator.

Another strategy of mine would be to hide out in the "Yankee Candle" store. The powerful scents from the Housewarmer Jars, votives, and tarts would mask your aroma, and the lions couldn't locate you.

DougK62

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2001
Yes, I would do it. I'm a climber. I have no doubt that I could easily climb out of harm's way unless this is some sort of imaginary mall that is just a plain white box.

Nerva

Platinum Member
Jul 26, 2005
but still, there is a good chance that the lion will spawn right next to you and rip you to shreds before you can take your first step.

jimbob200521

Diamond Member
Apr 15, 2005
Originally posted by: swtethan
if the mall had a rock wall, the yes, i would tie myself to the wall 15 ft up

No Rock Wall.

Originally posted by: 3cho
this is quite an interesting question, i am intrigued, but how can malls not have doors?

Hypothetical question, the mall can have whatever I want/don't want it to! :p

Originally posted by: MaxDepth
Uhm, I would get in the escalator and send it up to the top floor. Disable the panel so it cannot come back down and climb up to the top.

Gee, you don't watch enough horror movies, do ya?

May I suggest Chopping Mall?

So you'd bet your life that the lions can't walk up a now still escalator?

Originally posted by: ebaycj
Originally posted by: TXHokie
Is there a SEARS in the mall? I'm sure I can rig up something from the Hardware dept (lawn motors, knifes, explosive chemicals = good times)

even easier would be a shitload of rat poison + any type of meat food from the food court..

The lions, they are not hungry for anything but you...

Originally posted by: ElFenix
if there aren't any doors, i can go outside, right?

and if i can go outside, i can get in my (doorless) car, right?

yeah, i'll do it.

No doors, just walls.

Originally posted by: Saulbadguy
I would get in one of those "free cars" that you register to win, but all you are really doing is guaranteeing solicitation by a security system company.

And you would start this car how?...

Originally posted by: BD2003
Are they hungry?

Nope, at least not for anything but you.

sash1

Diamond Member
Jul 20, 2001
but still, there is a good chance that the lion will spawn right next to you and rip you to shreds before you can take your first step.

yeah, that's probably the biggest risk in this scenario.

other than that, I'd definitely do this. Escalator, Elevator, just climb up something and chill for 8 hours. Regardless it would be fun.

jme5343

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2003
I'm just trying to figure this out. If you disable the escalator won't they just climb them like stairs? :p

edit: Dangit, jimbob typed faster than me.

Nerva

Platinum Member
Jul 26, 2005
the elevator idea so far is the best. chilling in the shaft, but how many elevators have removable ceiling panels that you can get out of?

Garet Jax

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2000
I would geuss my chances of survival are 1/10000 or less - so my expected value is

---------- = $100 or less.

No thanks - I'll pass.

But if you change the lions to horny female dallas cowboys cheerleaders, then yes I would.

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
the elevator idea so far is the best. chilling in the shaft, but how many elevators have removable ceiling panels that you can get out of?

You still have access to the hardware store ;)

ForumMaster

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2005
sure. any mall has places that lions can't get too. find such a place and ride out the night. a sears store would be good. plenty of chainsaws.

DaShen

Lifer
Dec 1, 2000
Originally posted by: ForumMaster
sure. any mall has places that lions can't get too. find such a place and ride out the night. a sears store would be good. plenty of chainsaws.

Have you ever seen a fully grown lion? scary.

Nerva

Platinum Member
Jul 26, 2005
Originally posted by: irishScott

You still have access to the hardware store ;)

a philips-head screwdriver wont do you any good. lions are way too fast.

Jeeebus

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2006
at 8:01 hours I'm going into the mall and taking the wallets off all of your mauled corpses, and going to the food court.

jimbob200521

Diamond Member
Apr 15, 2005
Anyone who thought of hiding in the elevators; won't work. In the OP, it states that the mall has no doors. Elevator - doors = fish in a barrel.

Nerva

Platinum Member
Jul 26, 2005
Originally posted by: jimbob200521
Anyone who thought of hiding in the elevators; won't work. In the OP, it states that the mall has no doors. Elevator - doors = fish in a barrel.

wow, your criteria are a little messed up.