Folding@Home bigadv EOL 2nd Anniversary Challenge on 12:00 UTC January 23rd: The race is over.

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Skillz

Feb 14, 2014
I should have ramped up earlier.

I'm glad you didn't. I only lost ~2.5 - 3 days worth, although some of my miners aren't working on ETH right now. Not sure why. Put them on ETC for the time being until hopefully the problem (which I hope isn't on my end) fixes itself soon. I tried redownloading the miners and rebooting; so I'm hoping its something going on with the mining pool and not my cards/systems.

Only thing I had left to give was some CPU cycles and a few 280X GPUs that are running Milkyway@home. Doubt they'd make much of a difference though especially considering one of them is running on an x1 riser slot.

Reactions: the901

Assimilator1

Elite Member
Nov 4, 1999
Yea thanks for another race with stats biodoc :)

Only thing I had left to give was some CPU cycles and a few 280X GPUs that are running Milkyway@home. Doubt they'd make much of a difference though especially considering one of them is running on an x1 riser slot.

My HD 7870XT (which I think the 280X would be ~25% faster) does 160-200k ppd.[edit] In F@H

Last edited:
Reactions: biodoc and Skillz

Icecold

Golden Member
Nov 15, 2004
Firepro S9150's were doing ~400k PPD each in an x1 slot with risers.

Edit -400k PPD in Folding@home. In MW they do about 750k PPD

Last edited:
Reactions: Skillz

the901

Mar 6, 2017
I'm glad you didn't. I only lost ~2.5 - 3 days worth, although some of my miners aren't working on ETH right now. Not sure why. Put them on ETC for the time being until hopefully the problem (which I hope isn't on my end) fixes itself soon. I tried redownloading the miners and rebooting; so I'm hoping its something going on with the mining pool and not my cards/systems.

I've been mostly CPU cycles up until that ramp. Look at my WU count.

I've never mined before. Sounds interesting by not my thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Skillz

voodoo5_6k

Jan 14, 2021
Thanks again :) Yeah, no chance for me catching you there... Unless someday I bring myself to upgrade my rig, that is :D

Right now it's CPU=Rosetta and GPU=F@H. I have to check out the link in your signature and read through that.

Reactions: Assimilator1

Assimilator1

Elite Member
Nov 4, 1999
Well, as the weather warms up, I'll be shutting off the 2nd rig more until it's off altogether, that'll be your chance then! ;)

• Haha
Reactions: voodoo5_6k