Folding@Home bigadv EOL 2nd Anniversary Challenge on 12:00 UTC January 23rd: The race is over.

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

StefanR5R

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2016
Stats are looking a little strange lately. @ericlp passed me, then appeared to stop, and I passed him again. Some of my results, especially CPU work, didn't appear to get credited either.
@Ken g6 I agree that something's amiss with the stats. But not unusual for F@H, afaicr.
Apparently my CPU work is not adding to my credit either.
I'll keep it running though; just in case that the credits pop up an hour before the end of the race.

Icecold

Golden Member
Nov 15, 2004
My estimated PPD in the Folding@home client is usually about 10% higher than where I actually end up for the day according to EOC stats. My assumption had been that I'm just not noticing when my PPD drops way low because it' had been working on a low PPD task(or maybe it only stands out to me when it's really high :D ), or even that there may be times where it's sitting idle and I haven't noticed. I'm not sure, though, and I haven't looked at it closely enough that I would notice if there were a true stats discrepancy.

StefanR5R

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2016
It's not just that there is a little 10 % discrepancy — it is substantially more than that. But it is not just credits. The WU rate which I see at EOC stats is much further off. I am certain that the WU count reflects only GPU WUs. The CPU WUs are very short; I should have a lot more WUs per each 3h period since a certain point in time when I added CPUs.

Icecold

Golden Member
Nov 15, 2004
It's not just that there is a little 10 % discrepancy — it is substantially more than that. But it is not just credits. The WU rate which I see at EOC stats is much further off. I am certain that the WU count reflects only GPU WUs. The CPU WUs are very short; I should have a lot more WUs per each 3h period since a certain point in time when I added CPUs.
Makes sense. I'll look into mine closer here in a few hours when I'm able to and see if it's the same way. My EOC stats over the last few days seem to all be within a very small variance of each other as far as number of WU's completed, and I've been adding a handful of CPU's over the last couple days, so I would expect it to be higher at least in number of WU's if not points for yesterday. My GPU points output is significantly higher than my current CPU output, though, so in my case it could definitely account for a 10% or less variance.

Skillz

Feb 14, 2014
I forgot to use my username/account on one host yesterday. Ran for like 4 hours before I noticed.

biodoc

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2005
Others are seeing the same problem.

• Wow
Reactions: the901

Icecold

Golden Member
Nov 15, 2004
I didn't see anything that jumped out to me on my own machines to be definitive proof that I have points not being counted. It's definitely my 'gut feeling' though, but if it's just CPU WU's it would be a pretty small portion of my overall total output so I'm not real concerned at this point. Hopefully if points aren't being counted it mostly affects [H]'s output instead of our own :p

thecoolnessrune

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
Great race all! This method kept things really close! Testament of the power of just a few megawatt folders we have here on TAAT :D

Reactions: Icecold