FML - freaking cat puked INSIDE my bed

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
It's past 4am, I decided to go to bed, I slip in... I can smell the all too familiar smell of cat puke... then I feel it on me. She fucking puked inside the bed. I don't know when she did that, sometimes during the day I guess... just when I started to regain her trust and let her sleep on the bed. Now I have to pull an all nighter washing the sheets several times while I take a bath in bleach. Freaking nasty shit right there. Not enough disinfecting chemicals in the world.

Guess sleep is a write off tonight.

Andrew111

Aug 6, 2001
Shove the cat's face in the puke and smack the shit of it while yelling. Your cat will get the picture...tough love:p

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Oh I've done it before. She knows it's wrong, in fact she seems mad that I found it. She did it under the blankets thinking I'd somehow not find it. She's actually in a hissy PO mood right now, never seen her like that since the day my aunt brought her cat over.

I normally don't let her in the room because of her habit of puking on the hardest to wash place which is the bed, but then when I see she stopped puking for a while I tend to fall off he wagon and let her... then I pay for it. I need to stay on top and never ever ever let her in there.

What sucks is I have to be at work for 7am on Tuesday. At this point I have no choice but to make this an all nighter and try to stay awake for most of tomorrow so I can go to bed early. If I sleep or nap it will screw things up.

Newbian

Lifer
Aug 24, 2008
Clearly she was upset for you going to bed so late when you have to be work so early so she is simply reminding you to go to bed earlier so you can wake up in time to feed her and not screw up your schedule.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Actually Monday I was off but still wanted to get up early so it's easier to go to bed early since the Tuesday I have to get up very early. Will work out ok as long as I pull an all nighter and don't end up napping tomorrow during the day, well, I guess it's technically today. My bed spread does not fit in my washer, which makes this a huge ordeal. Going to have to go wash it at my parents' house. Going to run the sheets through several heavy duty cycles till morning. Not enough soap in the world. GAH. The bed spread did not get the brunt of it though. I could almost get away just febreezing the hell out of it then hose it down outside and letting it air dry inside.

Last edited:

Newbian

Lifer
Aug 24, 2008
Damn man.

I am glad the few times my cats have puked it's generally more solid then wet.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
It was mostly solid, but it's still wet enough that it soaks in. It's basically the same consistency as mac and cheese, but I hate to associate something as vulgar as cat puke to something as wonderful as mac and cheese, but first thing that comes to mind. :p

But omg, the smell. It's gone from the air, but it's still stained to my nose. i keep getting a whiff, but I know it's my mind playing tricks on me.

Agent11

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2006
Cat puke is not industrial waste, wash it once. Maybe rinse it a few more times if there is still stuff stuck to it. Using too much soap isn't good for you or the animal.

Sulaco

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2003
Do you not own another set of sheets?

As an owner of 3 dogs, I've found it ESSENTIAL to own at least ONE set of "back-up" sheets. Nothing fancy, 300-400 TC, but just clean and folded in the closet for temp use while the others are washing and drying overnight.

Azraele

Elite Member
Nov 5, 2000
Poor kitty. You say she knows its wrong, but it's not like she wants to get sick. It's something that just happens, and is as miserable for her as it is for you to have to deal with. She may not have had to to move off of your bed before it happened.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
You make it sound like it's puking all the time. What the fuck are you doing to the poor thing? I'm not sure who in canadialand I'm supposed to call to report such abuse but I will find out.

Spoooon

Lifer
Mar 3, 2000
F-ing cats. I have one that I love and hate. He was all over my computer desk earlier today while I was out: left bits of litter and knocked over a bunch of legos and crap.

He threw up in one of my work shoes one morning, damn cat. And sometimes the vomit might as well be permanent marker.

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
She tried hiding it because you've abused her after puking some other place before. That's one of the many negative consequences of abusing your animal for puking, peeing, pooping in the house.

You've been on an animal abuse role lately.

abaez

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2000
Just got a kitten two weeks ago. I was stupid enough to try to let it sleep wherever it wanted the first night. I rolled over right into cat pee in the middle of the night.

I've kept it in the bathroom while at work and I think he now knows where to do his business. No issues so far. Not sure when I'll be confident enough to let it roam when I'm no there.

Also - how the hell do you get them to stop biting you?

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
wat how does cat puke INSIDE bed

digging in deep eh?

She likes to sleep under the blankets. I usually let her be. First time she actually pukes while under there, so it will be an end to that.

She seems fine now, did not puke again and she's back to her old self, purring and cuddling and stuff.

And for the record there was no abuse involved. At one time I disciplined her by putting her in a separate room for a bit after putting her nose in the puke and saying "BAD!". Not any different than what a parent would do to a kid that was being bad. Now she knows it's wrong, and she's actually been doing it much less now. This was the first time in at least a month that she puked in a bad spot like that. On the floor, I don't even react to it and just pick it up. I need to make sure she knows it's ok if it's on the floor, it's not ok if it's on the couch, bed, counter top, and other such places. Discipline is not abuse. Hitting is abuse. There was never any single time where I've hit her. I've gotten mad to the point where I wanted to, but I was able to stop myself. One of the reasons I put her in the separate room, it gives me a chance to calm down, and contains the puke in one area. Now she just goes to that room on her own when I catch her puking.

Last edited:

Vdubchaos

Lifer
Nov 11, 2009
And for the record there was no abuse involved. At one time I disciplined her by putting her in a separate room for a bit after putting her nose in the puke and saying "BAD!". Not any different than what a parent would do to a kid that was being bad.

WOW

Really? Your parents did that to you when you were a kid/sick and happen not to have enough time to make it to the toilet?

No parent would ever do that to their kid. You are pathetic.

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
WOW

Really? Your parents did that to you when you were a kid/sick and happen not to have enough time to make it to the toilet?

No parent would ever do that to their kid. You are pathetic.

You're right, the op should have just said "Now honey, I realize you're sick, but please be more careful in the future, OK deary?" in a sweet and friendly voice.

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
You didn't seriously take a bath with bleach in it did you? I just have to ask cause ya never know.