Flower picture

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aharami

Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
i love photography threads. I wish i could take pics like u guys. I have an A85...possible to take as nice pics with such a newb camera?

I dont know if my camera has DoF adjustability

tami

Lifer
Nov 14, 2004
Originally posted by: Aharami
i love photography threads. I wish i could take pics like u guys. I have an A85...possible to take as nice pics with such a newb camera?

I dont know if my camera has DoF adjustability

i barely use DoF adjustability, to be perfectly honest.

rule of thumb: if you want to focus on just the main object and keep the background blurry, you'd use a higher aperature (f < 8).

for stuff that doesn't matter (e.g. subject is against a wall, or the subject is at a far distance -- infinity -- like if you're taking a picture of a house 300 feet away against a sunset), you can use aperatures of f/8-f/11.

if you want clarity throughout the picture, go for f/13 and higher (lowest aperatures). note that this may increase the shutter speed and you may have to use a tripod or hold very still.

jcovercash

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
Heres a shot I took with my S2 IS.

It was one of the first 100 pics I have taken so be nice :p.... I still havent got used to the camera yet. Im trying to learn..

BTW all the processing of color was done in the camera. Thats a speical color removal function, where I select the color to be left (yellow/greenish tint) and it changes everything else to B&W.

BTW OP NICE PIC! I hope to get some nice photo's like that one day. But I just started, 1st day with my S2, so I hope I can learn more as it goes. Im waiting on my Macro lense as it is now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.