Status
Not open for further replies.

Vegitto

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
Originally posted by: faenix
click

comments appreciated

OMFG. I'm playing Queen - Save Me right now, and the flower complements it very good. It's delicate and all. I love the pic.

Vegitto

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005

What's your job (if you have one)? You should be a photographer. With expensive equipment, your photographs could become even more beautiful. Do you have any pets? Try and see if you can photograph one of them, I'd like to see your try at a living object. Very courious.

faenix

Platinum Member
Sep 28, 2003
Originally posted by: Vegitto

What's your job (if you have one)? You should be a photographer. With expensive equipment, your photographs could become even more beautiful. Do you have any pets? Try and see if you can photograph one of them, I'd like to see your try at a living object. Very courious.

Expensive equipment does help in some cases, but I guess its more exposure and technique. I'm planning to study photography as a minor in college--I've been shooting for 7 months now. A lot of people have been big helps especially VirtuaMike (ATOT member) who's an amazing photographer, probably the best here on ATOT by far. You can see some of his photos @ www.blindmike.com

Vegitto

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005

Expensive equipment does help in some cases, but I guess its more exposure and technique. I'm planning to study photography as a minor in college--I've been shooting for 7 months now. A lot of people have been big helps especially VirtuaMike (ATOT member) who's an amazing photographer, probably the best here on ATOT by far. You can see some of his photos @ www.blindmike.com

Thanks for that link, will try it out. Well, are you willing to try to capture a living object (human/animal)? I think you have some real potential. I made some pics for my mom's website, but the damn animals won't sit still. The fact that I cannot make a proper photograph of them while they are moving proves that I am not a good photographer.

My mom's website, in Dutch (sorry). I made it :D.

Vegitto

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
Sorry for the doublepost, but I'm trying to prove my point here. I just took some pictures of my cats while they were moving, and they suck. Here, take a look at these 8 (all uncompressed, all original).

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8.

Leave some comment, please.

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Nice pic. :)

Here's one I took...

Only with my Canon PowerShot... A60.

2,000,000 pixels... w00t!

Text

lol

Vegitto

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
All of your pics are really nice. And some of the whites are supposed to be brown, this breed of cat is spotted.

Tiamat

Lifer
Nov 25, 2003
im a noob for photography. You guys using macro mode on your cameras to get so close?
How do you get the picture nice and focused on only the flower, but everything else around is blurry (emphasizes the flower)?

Edit: Nice pix all!

Vegitto

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
Originally posted by: Tiamat
im a noob for photography. You guys using macro mode on your cameras to get so close?
How do you get the picture nice and focused on only the flower, but everything else around is blurry (emphasizes the flower)?

Yeah, macro mode. That thing with the background is done automatically (if you're lucky).

Thanks for the comments :).

:thumbsup:

faenix

Platinum Member
Sep 28, 2003

It's called Depth of Field. I used a dof of 2.8 for my photo.

Vegitto

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005

Does my camera have that? It's a Kodak Easyshare. Gotta look for the exact number. If so, how do I set it up?

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999

It is called depth of field, but that isn't what the number is called. ;)

The number is the size of the aperature. The bigger the number, the smaller the aperature and the less light it lets through.. And the larger the depth of field.

Vegitto

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
Originally posted by: Eli

The number is the size of the aperature. The bigger the number, the smaller the aperature and the less light it lets through.. And the larger the depth of field.

And what do we want for macro pictures? A large depth of field or a small one?

faenix

Platinum Member
Sep 28, 2003
Originally posted by: Eli

And what do we want for macro pictures? A large depth of field or a small one?

It depends on what look you're trying to achieve.

Status
Not open for further replies.