Florida you are an embarrassment *Recount*

Feb 4, 2009
Just heard on the radio. Broward county first said they couldn’t meet the Governors 6pm deadline today. Govornor said too bad.
They worked extra hard with their recount and completed it around 5pm. They were talking about what a miracle it was they made the deadline. 5:58 the election official thanks everyone for meeting the impossible deadline. 6:02 she says they missed the deadline because the person who loads the results onto the reporting site didn’t know how to do it.
They missed the deadline.
*it gets better*
The Govornor is using the last tally which gives him 700 fewer votes.

Fucking Florida get your shit together.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Jesus Christ...

There had nearly twenty years to build a properly functioning machinery of democracy and they've got shit for it. Scott should be forced to resign just due to this failure of his governorship

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
What does the Florida State Law say about missing the deadline?

Does anyone know?

Looks like that is what is written in the law according to this article:
https://www.floridatoday.com/story/...da-recount-rick-scott-bill-nelson/2006083002/

Nor did it include Broward County, which completed the recount on time but was two minutes too late filing results with the state.

By law, the numbers both counties filed with the state Saturday stand.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2009
With the history in Florida concerning elections, well it makes it hard to argue against the incompetence.

Florida is and has been an embarrassment for many years with respect to elections.

I was so pissed when I heard some FL guy could have been the AG say
“Since 2000 we’ve had massive improvements! Only two out of 67 counties had problems”

I so wanted to be there and say asshat you’re supposed to have zero problems. Having two problem counties isn’t something to be proud of.

Kind of like that Chris Rock “I take care of my kids joke”

Reactions: pcgeek11

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
I was so pissed when I heard some FL guy could have been the AG say
“Since 2000 we’ve had massive improvements! Only two out of 67 counties had problems”

I so wanted to be there and say asshat you’re supposed to have zero problems. Having two problem counties isn’t something to be proud of.

Kind of like that Chris Rock “I take care of my kids joke”

It's all relative. Two counties having problems is an improvement. It's like a kid who gets C's on purpose so his parents won't expect to much out of him. Sure, FL could have zero problem counties, but who wants that kind of expectation? Certainly not a state that tends to vote R, party of responsibility and all that.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
It's only the extreme closeness of the contests that gives the GOP an opportunity to demonize the opposition & discredit the system they created.

I figure that will change in 2020 when ex-felons' right to vote is restored. It's hard to see many of them voting GOP.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
It's only the extreme closeness of the contests that gives the GOP an opportunity to demonize the opposition & discredit the system they created.

I figure that will change in 2020 when ex-felons' right to vote is restored. It's hard to see many of them voting GOP.
I would be interesting to, in the future, to see their voting profile. Lots of white supremacists in the can. Then on the other hand you have a lot of minorities in jail also.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
I would be interesting to, in the future, to see their voting profile. Lots of white supremacists in the can. Then on the other hand you have a lot of minorities in jail also.

So maybe they will balance and come out even with no gain either way.

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
Just heard on the radio. Broward county first said they couldn’t meet the Governors 6pm deadline today. Govornor said too bad.
They worked extra hard with their recount and completed it around 5pm. They were talking about what a miracle it was they made the deadline. 5:58 the election official thanks everyone for meeting the impossible deadline. 6:02 she says they missed the deadline because the person who loads the results onto the reporting site didn’t know how to do it.
They missed the deadline.
*it gets better*
The Govornor is using the last tally which gives him 700 fewer votes.

Fucking Florida get your shit together.

What a joke of an excuse. Everyone knew for several days that the totals would need to be submitted and no one was familiar with the process?

Reactions: pcgeek11

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
What a joke of an excuse. Everyone knew for several days that the totals would need to be submitted and no one was familiar with the process?
Everyone was too busy busting their ass to finish the count by the artificial deadline. People generally solve one problem at a time.

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Everyone was too busy busting their ass to finish the count by the artificial deadline. People generally solve one problem at a time.

Lame. I don't know about you, but if I'm given a task to complete by my employer, I'd damn well better get it done...and on time, not whine about an artificial deadline. Geez...no wonder we live in an age of participation trophies. That's the kind of thinking that got us there. Let's not offend anyone by expecting them to get their job done on time. lol

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Lame. I don't know about you, but if I'm given a task to complete by my employer, I'd damn well better get it done...and on time, not whine about an artificial deadline. Geez...no wonder we live in an age of participation trophies. That's the kind of thinking that got us there. Let's not offend anyone by expecting them to get their job done on time. lol
Okay I want you to hand count the votes from 100000 ballots in 4 hours.

Feb 4, 2009
Okay I want you to hand count the votes from 100000 ballots in 4 hours.

And do it with a $10 budget plus a couple boxes of dominos pizza.
Florida does voting in a complicated and cheap manner. Being in the messy middle is never a recipe for success.
However compuwiz has a point, they are expected to know how to do their jobs. Hard to believe reporting the accurate count was wasted because someone couldn’t figure out the reporting site within 45 minutes.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
And do it with a $10 budget plus a couple boxes of dominos pizza.
Florida does voting in a complicated and cheap manner. Being in the messy middle is never a recipe for success.
However compuwiz has a point, they are expected to know how to do their jobs. Hard to believe reporting the accurate count was wasted because someone couldn’t figure out the reporting site within 45 minutes.
Are they even jobs? I imagine a lot of people are volunteers.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Hurf de durf.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I’m sure they are or at least the majority but even a Church needs funds to keep the lights on, have a copier and a computer. That type stuff.

I suspect that most of the grunt work is done by people from temporary staffing agencies.

peonyu

Platinum Member
Mar 12, 2003
Congrats to Senator-Elect Rick Scott and Governor-Elect Ron DeSantis!!!!!!