Florida High School Shooting

Page 80 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

FIVR

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2016
I saw the dollar sign guy and I thought "I bet it's a youtube video" and then i clicked, and it was.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
When I want policy enacted, it needs to be by the mob. It always produces the best results. Just ask the Iraqis.
So the will of the majority means nothing?
And instead of hearing from students that lived through it and hearing their concerns, The FL House decided they knew better without listening to their constituents, real democracy in action.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
You have not addressed the question. Why is it different for the 2A from the others? Maybe folks like you are motivated to think it doesn't mean what it says.
Well, the 4th is pretty much toast at this point, so you can probably just toss that one from your example. And to answer your question, the people should make up the well regulated militia. At this point, I don't see that. Unless, of course, the militia is used loosely, well regulated is used loosely, and we're supposed to kill each other instead of defending the states from a tyrannical centralized government.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
When I want policy enacted, it needs to be by the mob. It always produces the best results. Just ask the Iraqis.
Not sure what your saying here. It's literally the mob who will be voting in the near future. So yea....the will of the mob, by way of voting. Or are you suggesting the will of the students, acting as a mob, should not influence policy, because they're not adults. Except we teach our young people to contact their representatives to pressure them to enact policy they care about, or we don't vote for them...

I'd much rather the will of the mob than the will of the ruling class, which is what we have now.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

A mob... like a Trump rally? Like the very fine people who showed up in Charlottesville to protect their southern heritage?

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
And instead of hearing from students that lived through it and hearing their concerns, The FL House decided they knew better without listening to their constituents, real democracy in action.

Real democracy in action will be if these people vote them out. Dont count on it. Which is why we have a representative vs a direct democracy. We dont want the will of the mob to have their way with policy over an emotion situation. I can only imagine what your avg conservative would do when the next terrorist attack happens. Time to toss muslims out of the country, am I right?

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Real democracy in action will be if these people vote them out. Dont count on it. Which is why we have a representative vs a direct democracy. We dont want the will of the mob to have their way with policy over an emotion situation. I can only imagine what your avg conservative would do when the next terrorist attack happens. Time to toss muslims out of the country, am I right?
Never, they would never ever ever try that.

Nov 25, 2013
No, the founding fathers wisdom speak loudest.

Democrats led by emotion, and "for the children" are revealing just how willing they are to give up their rights, from guns to speech, nothing is safe from your "safe space". Its no surprise that in europe left wing parties are pushing for voting ages to drop to 16, they know their ideology appeals to the ignorant and easily led.

Hail Trump!

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Funny you described conservatives quite well, the gun owners are a minority with the paid for clout of a majority.

Jul 9, 2009
Mob rule? Yeah, mob rule is great, why even have laws and a Constitution?

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
A mob... like a Trump rally? Like the very fine people who showed up in Charlottesville to protect their southern heritage?
Those were very fine people man. Wearing the symbol of a broken cross, because of the persecution towards Christians, it's easily confused with the swastika

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
The troll farm called up the reserves, apparently.

This may surprise you. People are busy and dont have time to waste within this echo chamber all day. I stop by when I can. But there hasnt been much worth discussing within this forum. But a good gun banning thread is worth the entertainment to see the authoritarians proclaim banning a gun will solve our problems.

Feb 4, 2009

Democrats led by emotion, and "for the children" are revealing just how willing they are to give up their rights, from guns to speech, nothing is safe from your "safe space". Its no surprise that in europe left wing parties are pushing for voting ages to drop to 16, they know their ideology appeals to the ignorant and easily led.

Cool Story Bro

Bird222

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2004

Pretty good video. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: imported_tajmahal

Bird222

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2004
Well, the 4th is pretty much toast at this point, so you can probably just toss that one from your example. And to answer your question, the people should make up the well regulated militia. At this point, I don't see that. Unless, of course, the militia is used loosely, well regulated is used loosely, and we're supposed to kill each other instead of defending the states from a tyrannical centralized government.
Whether the people should make up a militia or not, the right is for the people to keep and bear arms. There is no condition on that right.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Whether the people should make up a militia or not, the right is for the people to keep and bear arms. There is no condition on that right.
Sure, if you ignore the beginning of the verbage.

No argument on the 4th being shit on?

Jul 9, 2009
Sure, if you ignore the beginning of the verbage.

No argument on the 4th being shit on?
I agree with you on the 4th Amendment being shit on. Just look at the lies and misinformation that was given to the FISA court judge so Hillary and Obama could spy on President Trump and his candidacy/transition/administration.