Florida about to allow unlicensed untrained conceal carry.

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
There should also be a ban, or at least heavy restriction on owning automatic weapons. There is no way you can convince me that a fully automatic weapon is used for anything other than to kill.

Automatic weapons are already tightly regulated under the NFA, not to mention quite expensive. Legally sold autos are not used in crimes for these reasons.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Vermont has had it since 1903. And?

Context here is like real estate: it's all about those three important factors location, location, and location.
Is Kentucky safer from gun deaths since 2019? Think black people are safer in states with open carry? I ask that in the context of Tamir Rice, John Crawford. How can black people feel safe when they get blown away because some white person calls the police and yells, "scary black man with a gun"?

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
The deep south seems to be having more and more problems as time goes on. They used to not be so bad.
We need to reevaluate both ownership and carry laws.

Reactions: Pohemi

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
Automatic weapons are already tightly regulated under the NFA, not to mention quite expensive. Legally sold autos are not used in crimes for these reasons.
Class III license (requires more than just filling out a form), vault for gun storage required for the Class III, etc.

As K1052 said, full-autos aren't the guns being used in all but the rarest of criminal activity, at least not the legally-acquired ones.

Semi-auto sporting rifles such as the AR-15 or M4 platforms are the ones people want to control more tightly (or some want to outright ban sales of them, such as it was between 1994 and 2004).

akugami

Diamond Member
Feb 14, 2005
An AR-15 is relatively simple to modify into a fully automatic weapon. Semi-auto weapons should be more heavily regulated. But if the GOP and NRA has their way, a 5 year old should be able to walk into a grocery store and buy one.

A///

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2017
And armed, potentially heavily. My understanding is Australia has strict gun control laws.
After the Port Arthur massacre slaughter the country enacted strict gun control laws. In 96 the Dunblane children's massacre started off strict gun control in the UK. I'm friends with someone who was affected by that massacre.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
The guy thinks suicide is a victimless crime, and even once pointed out it is certainly not, crickets.

We are not dealing with humans that have the proper level of ability to empathize with humanity.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
The guy thinks suicide is a victimless crime, and even once pointed out it is certainly not, crickets.

We are not dealing with humans that have the proper level of ability to empathize with humanity.

Yea, he doesn't view all people as human for sure.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
DeSantis signed the law behind closed doors with the NRA

This guy is a walking douchebag. I hope he goes down in flames.

Local NAACP has issued an advisory black people don't visit Florida. We already know from history open carry is disproportionality dangerous for black people. Just ask the family of John Crawford, Tamir Rice and Jemel Roberson

I won't be going there until shit changes

Last edited:

Thunder 57

Platinum Member
Aug 19, 2007
DeSantis signed the law behind closed doors with the NRA

This guy is a walking douchebag. I hope he goes down in flames.

Local NAACP has issued an advisory black people don't visit Florida. We already know from history open carry is disproportionality dangerous for black people. Just ask the family of John Crawford, Tamir Rice and Jemel Roberson

I won't be going there until shit changes

Open carry wasn't leaglized. At least know what you are talking about if you are going to be so upset about it.

• Haha

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
Look, you can take America's first and fourth amendment freedoms, but you'll never take our massacres.
I find it so appalling when politicians say we can't "you shouldn't need a permit to exercise your bill of rights " as their reasoning for expanding gun access when on the other hand they actively and vigorously suppress voting rights so that the people can't undo the terrible things they do by voting them out.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Open carry wasn't leaglized. At least know what you are talking about if you are going to be so upset about it.
Philando Castilo wasn't open carrying but it didn't help him either. Of course, carrying a loaded gun without permits or training makes everyone safer. Yes I mistyped.

Thunder 57

Platinum Member
Aug 19, 2007
Philando Castilo wasn't open carrying but it didn't help him either. Of course, carrying a loaded gun without permits or training makes everyone safer. Yes I mistyped.

No, you just want something to be angry about. People voted for politicians that made this law go through. If they want something different, they will have to vote different. Otherwise they are getting what they deserve.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
No, you just want something to be angry about. People voted for politicians that made this law go through. If they want something different, they will have to vote different. Otherwise they are getting what they deserve.
The OP didn't have open stupid. Use your head.

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
oh bless your heart.

You certainly are getting what you voted for. I mean as a conservative you don’t get a choice. You’ll vote for what the GOP gives you or you’ll vote to own the liberals. But no where in that equation do you ever get to make your own choice.

But as I said you definitely are going to get what you voted for.

960x0.jpg

960x0.jpg

Every year conservatives drive their states life expectancy lower just owns the libs even more. Exponentially more open carry should help drive that down. So get on it.

Reactions: hal2kilo

Thunder 57

Platinum Member
Aug 19, 2007
oh bless your heart.

You certainly are getting what you voted for. I mean as a conservative you don’t get a choice. You’ll vote for what the GOP gives you or you’ll vote to own the liberals. But no where in that equation do you ever get to make your own choice.

But as I said you definitely are going to get what you voted for.

960x0.jpg

960x0.jpg

Every year conservatives drive their states life expectancy lower just owns the libs even more. Exponentially more open carry should help drive that down. So get on it.

Ya know liberal states have open carry? Not even talking about that. Try to keep up.

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
Ya know liberal states have open carry? Not even talking about that. Try to keep up.
So you are saying whatever liberal states do with gun laws is good?

At any rate looking forward to FL pushing those numbers into the red!C09D298E-D8CB-4C96-8E23-7E834029DE14.jpeg