First democrat debate

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Here we go folks! If someone has a live feed please post it.

Anyone one else annoyed by CNN's opening? Could they make this any more like some cheesy tv show? I already don't have hope for this debate being any good (as in having quality questions asked).

Double Trouble

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Not worth watching, let me know if anything interesting happens. It's a mere formality, Hillary is the nominee so there won't be fireworks. At least with the republican clown car you could expect some funny and dumb stuff.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
the Theater shooting nut job had 4000 rounds of military grade ammo? lol wtf? holy shit lets start the scare tactics

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Chafee hits clinton hard on Iraq. Clinton came back strong though...thanks Obama;)

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
Not worth watching, let me know if anything interesting happens. It's a mere formality, Hillary is the nominee so there won't be fireworks. At least with the republican clown car you could expect some funny and dumb stuff.

She was going to be the nominee in 08 too.

HTFOff

Golden Member
Oct 3, 2013
On the topic of guns, most candidates are going after sanders.

Sanders told them to get real and depolarize before they can move forward with reasonable legislation. I respect that.

I like that Webb mentioned armed security (many of whom are gun nuts)for politicians and families having the right to defend themselves.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Sanders told them to get real and depolarize before they can move forward with reasonable legislation. I respect that.

I like that Webb mentioned armed security (many of whom are gun nuts)for politicians and families having the right to defend themselves.

Yeah, I thought he had the most reasonable response.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Clinton definitely has the best grasp on foreign policy in my opinion. I wasn't following her on the no fly zone but she explained her reasoning well.

HTFOff

Golden Member
Oct 3, 2013
But:

Black Power>Woman Power in Democratic/Progressive Party.

I think it had more to do with the fact that Obama voted against the war. The enthusiasm for something fresh, a byproduct of the bush administration, was on another level. He also mentioned support for habeas corpus which gave him a lot of support as well. So much for that.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
So far this debate is on par with the republicans 2nd debate which I thought was decent.
It's still a little light on specifics but when each candidate received push back from their original response all of them have been able to expand their answer in a reasonable way.

Attic

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2010
Though I think it is a formality, this is shaping up much better than I expected.

Good stuff on Gun issues from all candidates except Hilary who was horrible.

Need more of that kind of stuff on the economy, pin down some more real ground level ways to create realistic change.

Hilary is able to say what sounds good (very political, liar), Sanders and the guy to his right are more practical. Other two guys are forgettable.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
I'm liking Webb the more I hear him talk, and agree his foreign policy cred wrt the military is nothing to sneeze at.

Sanders is bringing his attention to detail and fondness of plain talk involving numbers to the table, pretty much what I expected.

Hillary seems a little waffley, and little self-oriented as usual. Sanders agreeing with Hillary on the emails! lmao!

Chaffee comes off as a sniveling pencil pusher, and looks a lot like Steve Doochey from Fox and Friends, poor guy.

chowderhead

Platinum Member
Dec 7, 1999
Yes. Bernie. Enough with the damn emails. They need to talk about real issues that people actually cares about. Screw you cnn

HTFOff

Golden Member
Oct 3, 2013
Though I think it is a formality, this is shaping up much better than I expected.

Good stuff on Gun issues from all candidates except Hilary who was horrible.

Need more of that kind of stuff on the economy, pin down some more real ground level ways to create realistic change.

Hilary is able to say what sounds good (very political, liar), Sanders and the guy to his right are more practical. Other two guys are forgettable.

O'malley is unbearable. Lot's of coaching playing out. Hillay was predictable, nothing to see there.

I don't always agree with sanders but at least he comes off genuine, imo.