Firefox 48 Released

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Chiefcrowe

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
It is supposed to be in 49, which should be out soon but we'll have to test it and see if it is indeed enabled.

Also - re: valir's post, FF is removing support for hello so it should be gone soon.
https://www.infoq.com/news/2016/09/mozilla-discontinue-firefoxhello

Is e10s active yet in Firefox? I'm running Waterfox 48.0.2, and I'm seeing the CPU usage in Win10 1607 64-bit hit 82% CPU usage, with around 50 tabs open to this forum, and internet radio playing in the background. I do NOT have the NPAPI version of Flash Player installed. (Actually, none of them, except for the IE Flash Player that comes in Win10.)

deustroop

Golden Member
Dec 12, 2010
I'm in Win7 and had this issue. The add-on needed to be updated to 48.5. It didn't do it automatically (even though I have it set to update automatically). I did get error messages when updating but just ok'd them and the add-on updated and I'm back to normal.

Have you found that the ad-on has un installed again ? The app has disappeared here and in Thunderbird. The latest version is 49.1 but reinstalling does not work on this machine, FF 49.0.1 and Windows 10.

Is there a better app for Mozilla browser and mailer ?

deustroop

Golden Member
Dec 12, 2010
Just now the author released as updated version 49.2 which works. I wonder what changes so fast the author has to run quickly to keep up ?