Finding Bigfoot, I can't stop watching this crap

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Doppel, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Jeff7

Jeff7 Lifer

And if they ever did really find a Bigfoot, the show would be over. :p

As someone said about another quality show, "It's called 'Ghost Hunters', not 'Ghost Finders'."

#26 Jeff7, Jul 5, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2011
  2. BUTCH1

BUTCH1 Lifer

I'm not buying any of it, why?, any species needs a breeding population to survive, you can't just have any "one" of any critter, it's that simple and multiples of any species should make it much easier to spot

3. Cerpin Taxt

Cerpin Taxt Lifer

I don't think it is a common belief that the sasquatch population is only one animal.

4. IcePickFreak

IcePickFreak Platinum Member

I like the big, long-haired, dude that goes by the name 'Bo-bo'. Who can take someone like that seriously?

The other guy isn't much better when he claims every noise or heat signature in the woods at night is definitive proof of a 'Squatch'.

I thought it was funny as hell though and watched a few of em.

5. IndyColtsFan

IndyColtsFan Lifer

I like those shows too, OP. Between the overly dramatic re-enactments, the "experts" who can't see obvious holes in their theories, and the lack of concrete evidence, they're generally good for laughs. Ancient Aliens is one of my favorite comedies on the air now.

I'm just skeptical because no Bigfoot bones have been discovered. Tales of the creature go back hundreds or thousands of years, but without hard evidence count me in the skeptics camp.

6. Capt Caveman

Capt Caveman Lifer

I agree. Over dramatic for nothing. I prefer the good old 'In Search Of' series. So much a better show.

7. Jeff7

Jeff7 Lifer

The first thing that came to mind was the "Ghost Hunters" scene in South Park.
    :D

"Billy Mays! Noooo!"

8. Iron Woode

Iron Woode Lifer

you mean like the fallen tree that was proof of bigfoot?

those shows are made for the simple minded.

if there was a breeding population, then there would be remains everywhere and constant sightings and photos. Not a few crappy pics and some fake foot prints.

just file bigfoot away with Loch Ness, Chupacabra and flying rods under stupid people believe stupid shit.

9. tboo

tboo Diamond Member

I also enjoy this show. Bo-bo is my favorite. He is like a big stoner bigfoot hunter.

10. IceBergSLiM

IceBergSLiM Lifer

11. BladeVenom

BladeVenom Lifer

Completely retarded nonsense. I can't believe anyone over the age of ten could take Bigfoot seriously.

12. Gigantopithecus

Gigantopithecus Diamond Member

I take bigfoot seriously because the topic has a lot of relevance to what I research and teach: definitions of science, pseudoscience, and non-science, field primatology, primate behavior and morphology, population dynamics and evolutionary genetics. My Halloween bigfoot lecture packs 'em in. :D

That said, the show is terrible to the point of being unwatchable. None of the hosts know much of anything about hominoid biology.

13. IndyColtsFan

IndyColtsFan Lifer

So is Bigfoot a Gigantopithecus? :D

14. Gigantopithecus

Gigantopithecus Diamond Member

No, bigfoot is hypothesized to be the descendent of Gigantopithecus, though. All it would take is a quick trip over Beringia before humans made the same journey! Oh, and the transition from quadrupedalism to bipedalism (again like humans). Oh, and a minimum population size of about 5,000 individuals for at least the last 12,000 or so years, with no remains ever found, and no credible observations ever made. ;)

15. IndyColtsFan

IndyColtsFan Lifer

That's the part I find so amusing. If you've had a sustainable population of these creatures in North America for thousands of years, someone would have found a skull or other strange remains by now.

16. TheNinja

TheNinja Lifer

I saw 10 minutes the other day. I thought they had a "squatch" in the car with them. Then I realized it was just that big goofy looking fella with scragly hair.

17. tboo

tboo Diamond Member

Thats Bo-bo

18. sactoking

sactoking Diamond Member

Maybe bigfoot is real and remains have been found. What if when someone stumbles upon bigfoot remains, "The Man" frames them for murder. Maybe "people" like Caylee Anthony never existed; "her" mom Casey found some bigfoot bones so "The Man" created an elaborate scenario to pin a murder on Casey (to shut her up) and a pathologist working for "The Man" identified the bigfoot bones as belonging to the mythical person "Caylee".

19. IndyColtsFan

IndyColtsFan Lifer

Sounds like a job for the MIB....

#44 IndyColtsFan, Jul 5, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2011
  20. QueBert

QueBert Lifer

21. CZroe

CZroe Lifer

The thing I saw certainly could get places a man couldn't and being able to do so certainly helps explain how it could be so elusive.

This think leaped up into the air, almost vertically, and landed several yards away inside the hood area of an old broken down car chassis. It then attempted to cover itself with logs that we had leans against it for our clubhouse. It dropped the log and then probably ran when it realized that we were looking at it the whole time (we ran too; didn't look back).

22. Jeffg010

Jeffg010 Diamond Member

23. Broheim

Broheim Diamond Member

[​IMG]

"I ain't giving you no treefiddy you goddam Loch Ness monster! Get your own goddam money!"

24. child of wonder

child of wonder Diamond Member

[​IMG]

"I don't understand Bigfoot, therefore aliens."