Finding Bigfoot, I can't stop watching this crap

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
It's a series on Animal Planet. Follows some guys from http://www.bfro.net/ as they go around the country looking for Bigfoot. They've been at it for years. They say things like "Very bigfooty area" and "This is definitely squatch country". They are 100% convinced these things are real. Each episode seems to start with the worst video ever taken (grainy, shaky, crap) and they go to that area, then also interview some locals, then they walk around the area at night with their thermals, etc.

There is a girl on the team who's always cynical, the obvious attempt to be to add credibility to them because they are not going to jump the gun on everything.

%5B1192-3%5DWalkingwithbigfoot.gif

Last edited:

AyashiKaibutsu

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2004
Maybe the problem with pictures of him always being fuzzy isn't that the cameras are bad. Maybe bigfoot is just fuzzy in real life (stolen from somewhere or another).

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
Maybe the problem with pictures of him always being fuzzy isn't that the cameras are bad. Maybe bigfoot is just fuzzy in real life (stolen from somewhere or another).
Maybe he throws off an electrical field that interferes with video footage.

HAL9000

Lifer
Oct 17, 2010
It's on right now!

That video is from 1967 and still the best video of bigfoot ever. Kinda sad nobody has anything better since :(

Probably because bigfoot doesn't exist and 1967 was the last time they made the effort to fake it.

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
Probably because bigfoot doesn't exist and 1967 was the last time they made the effort to fake it.
There are lots of other videos, though, they're just all worse...and there are tons and tons of sightings each year by people who, seemingly, don't have freaking cameras with them ever.

n7

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2004
Yeah this is why i don't watch live TV other than sports.

Too much garbage (which is apparently what people watch).

HAL9000

Lifer
Oct 17, 2010
There are lots of other videos, though, they're just all worse...and there are tons and tons of sightings each year by people who, seemingly, don't have freaking cameras with them ever.

The same with the loch ness monster etc etc etc etc etc etc etc. It's all crap.

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
Remember that duo that claimed to have shot Bigfoot and had the corpse in a freezer? Turned out to be a rubber mask. :p

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
My theory on this bigfoot and locness monster stuff is that it is a rare species that we just never get a good look at. There are lot of very interesting creatures out there. Imagine the reaction when someone saw a giraffe or an elephant for the first time. We know those so they don't seem out of this world to us, but when you think about it, there are lot of creatures like those that are very interesting. Perhaps there's some we simply have not discovered. The big foot is probably some species of gorilla that can walk on two feet, for example. Who says humans have to be the only animals that walk on two feet? (other than birds)

The "locness monster" is probably some very rare species of large sea snake or something. There are some crazy stuff down there that we have never truly been able to study. The sightings are probably abnormal circumstances where these creatures have been temporary displaced from their deep natural habitat perhaps looking for food or something.

Most of the "real" (if they even are real) videos tend to be very low quality while there are some big obvious photoshops out there as well. With a mix of possibly real, as well as fake stuff, it makes the study of this stuff much harder, but I'm not ready to 100% dismiss it, nor 100% believe it.

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
My theory on this bigfoot and locness monster stuff is that it is a rare species that we just never get a good look at. There are lot of very interesting creatures out there. Imagine the reaction when someone saw a giraffe or an elephant for the first time. We know those so they don't seem out of this world to us, but when you think about it, there are lot of creatures like those that are very interesting. Perhaps there's some we simply have not discovered. The big foot is probably some species of gorilla that can walk on two feet, for example. Who says humans have to be the only animals that walk on two feet? (other than birds)

The "locness monster" is probably some very rare species of large sea snake or something. There are some crazy stuff down there that we have never truly been able to study. The sightings are probably abnormal circumstances where these creatures have been temporary displaced from their deep natural habitat perhaps looking for food or something.

Most of the "real" (if they even are real) videos tend to be very low quality while there are some big obvious photoshops out there as well. With a mix of possibly real, as well as fake stuff, it makes the study of this stuff much harder, but I'm not ready to 100% dismiss it, nor 100% believe it.
My guess is that bigfoot is simply a figment of one's imagination. There are strange creatures discovered all the time, though. The giant squid is one of the more notable ones, but what about that walking fish that was supposed to be extinct, too. The thing about bigfoot is the climate just doesn't suit apes, nobody has ever damn shot one or found a body or even taken a good picture of one, not once. And hiding in forests in north america is harder than the ocean (giant squid), so I think it's made-up. I am positive a lot of people think they have seen one but they are delusional. And then a lot just make things up for fun or boredom.

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001

My theory is that some people are stupid enough to believe anything. Loch Ness has been extensively studied with modern tools like sonar. No monster. No fish population to support anything of that size anyway. No bones. No real evidence. Nothing.

Same with Bigfoot. No real sightings, no real video, no real pictures. No bones. No lairs. No fur. No scat. No evidence at all.

We can discover complete sets of dinosaur bones from 65 million years ago and fossils from 500 million years ago. But not a single shred of evidence to support the existence of an animal living in close proximity to humans despite thousands of nutjobs spending every waking hour searching for that evidence? That doesn't lead any reasonable or intelligent person to "simply have not discovered", that points squarely and unequivocally to "doesn't freaking exist".

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
And given that damn near everyone has a phone with a camera on it now, you'd think that it wouldn't be too difficult to get a few dozen pictures a day of some of these things.

Just the simple logistics of a self-maintaining, yet practically undetectable, "bigfoot" population in the US would be difficult to believe, unless they have an extremely slow metabolism and therefore require very little food, as well as an incredible ability to find mates (GPS tags, I'd assume), assuming they don't just ignore mammalian tradition and reproduce asexually.
Most animals need fairly large ranges in order to thrive, and they also need a certain density of individuals in order to find mates, and maintain a viable gene pool. With those requirements, coupled with the immense reduction in woodland that this continent's experienced in the past few centuries, and the prevalence of cameras, I think we'd have a few National Bigfoot Preserves by now - or else Bigfoot Burgers at Burger King. (With two BIG Primate Patties!)

cardiac

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
It's a series on Animal Planet. Follows some guys from http://www.bfro.net/ as they go around the country looking for Bigfoot. They've been at it for years. They say things like "Very bigfooty area" and "This is definitely squatch country". They are 100% convinced these things are real. Each episode seems to start with the worst video ever taken (grainy, shaky, crap) and they go to that area, then also interview some locals, then they walk around the area at night with their thermals, etc.

There is a girl on the team who's always cynical, the obvious attempt to be to add credibility to them because they are not going to jump the gun on everything.

She is kind of cute, too... How would you like to have the title: BFRO Offical Field Caller?

paperfist

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
www.the-teh.com
What makes that show crap is they 'get close' to bigfoot and then seemingly don't go in for the kill. If your goal is to find bigfoot then wtf is that you can hear him (or them) but you can't get down to a certain point because it's impenetrable? OMG he's 7' plus, if he can get to a certain area then you can too!

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
Camera phones weren't invented yet and no one was going to trust a 10 year old with a camcorder (didn't even own a VCR) back when I saw some large upright-walking orangutang-colored thing leap higher into the air than any man in a ccostume ever could and then try to conceal itself under refuse. I had never heard of a skunk ape until last year. It was a reddish color exactly as others described. It's feet looked like circular pads (think "elephant").

This was in the woods of Arnco-Sergeant, Newnan, GA circa 1990.

Last edited:

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
People once thought there were no bobcats in GA just because there wereno reports. It turns out that it's one of the species' most prevalent regions. Just because there aren't many sightings of a shy smelly ape that's probably intelligent enough to avoid detection is not reason enough to discount the possibility.