Find a list of intel compatible motherboards with bios updates against spectre/spectre?

Create a list of motherboards/cpu´s updated against spectre/meltdown? From older gen to newer gen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Peter Watts

Jan 11, 2018
We´ve seen lists of affected cpu´s but where´s the lists of patched/fixed motherboards/cpu´s?

Is there an existing list for end-users to find out which motherboards/cpu´s have been patched/updated against spectre/meltdown??? Like from 1155 till the current motherboards/cpu´s for instance?

If there´s not such a list... Would it not be wise to create such a list in this thread for instance? So everyone can post if their vendors have updated their boards? Or are their almost no updates to be found yet, because i have been having a hard time finding out what´s going on.

Especially for us used market freaks it´s quite confusing.

Last edited by a moderator:

WilliamM2

Platinum Member
Jun 14, 2012
I thought Intel pulled the Microcode updates. Asus says they will be updating all Z170, 270 and 370 boards. They haven't got to my 170 yet, but I won't bother if they do.

Reactions: Peter Watts

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
As I stated to you comment in the other thread, any motherboard released in at least the last 10 or so years will eventually get an update, with Intel starting with their newest chipsets and working backwards. This is a huge public image black eye, and with AMD having competitive products, they will put resources into to save face.

Not really much a need to create some huge list of motherboards at this point.

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
As I stated to you comment in the other thread, any motherboard released in at least the last 10 or so years will eventually get an update, with Intel starting with their newest chipsets and working backwards. This is a huge public image black eye, and with AMD having competitive products, they will put resources into to save face.

Not really much a need to create some huge list of motherboards at this point.
I heard that boards older than Skylake won't be getting a BIOS update.

:eek:

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
I heard that boards older than Skylake won't be getting a BIOS update.

:eek:

I would be extremely surprised if that's the case. I think Intel has to update boards further back than that to save face. They would really burn a lot of their corporate/government customers, and I don't think they're willing to do that.

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
Plus, as seen in this thread, there still is a ton of confusion/rumours still going on right now:

https://forums.anandtech.com/thread...l-meltdown-spectre-discussion-thread.2532563/

Anybody who finds these threads about patching with the microcode/BIOS updates would be very wise to let others be the guinea pigs for the first couple of revisions, because I guarantee there will be bugs and issues for Intel to work out. I'd only do it if I had to until the dust settles.

Reactions: Peter Watts