Final Fantasy Advent Children

Jun 4, 2005
At the very end, there are two people in the doorwar. I assume the woman is Jenova, his mother, but who's the man? I don't recognize him, and it's been years since I played the game.

kogase

Diamond Member
Sep 8, 2004
Originally posted by: LoKe
At the very end, there are two people in the doorwar. I assume the woman is Jenova, his mother, but who's the man? I don't recognize him, and it's been years since I played the game.

Don't remember the scene, but if it's Sephiroth with Jenova the man is probably Hojo, Sephiroth's father.

Jun 4, 2005
Originally posted by: kogase

Don't remember the scene, but if it's Sephiroth with Jenova the man is probably Hojo, Sephiroth's father.

Ugh, duh! I had a complete lapse, there. Thanks!

Jun 4, 2005
Originally posted by: BigJ
The two people in the doorway were Zack and Aeris/Aerith.

Bah. I recognized the chick, she was a teacher in the game, right? I don't remember the name Zach at all, though.

ItTheCow

Apr 7, 2002
Teacher? What? Aerith was the flower girl. Zack was her boyfriend, and you learned details about him as a bit of a sidequest.

ballmode

Lifer
Aug 17, 2005
Yeah it's Zack and Aeris, jenova and the whole mako connection should be gone with the killing of the remains.

Cool movie CGI wise, needed more dialog to catch people up who don't remember the ending.

Jun 4, 2005
Originally posted by: ItTheCow
Teacher? What? Aerith was the flower girl. Zack was her boyfriend, and you learned details about him as a bit of a sidequest.

Meh, guess I gotta play again. I remember one of the chicks on the "team" was a teacher. Maybe I'm thinking of the wrong game.

I have FF VII somewhere, just gotta find it.

MrWizzard

Platinum Member
Mar 24, 2002
No she is not a teacher lol.

You are mixing FFVIII with FFVII in FFVIII you have the Teacher who also wears a pink outfit in your party.

You are thinking of Quistis Trepe, I just read her bio she is supposed to be 18?! and she is teaching 17 year olds..... right..

JohnAn2112

Diamond Member
May 8, 2003
Originally posted by: ItTheCow

Meh, guess I gotta play again. I remember one of the chicks on the "team" was a teacher. Maybe I'm thinking of the wrong game.

I have FF VII somewhere, just gotta find it.

You're thinking Final Fantasy VIII. Aeris was the flower girl in FFVII.

erwin1978

Golden Member
Jun 22, 2001
Just watched all the goodness in Japanese with English sub. I'll go another round with English voices. Need I say the graphics is stupendous. It really is. I enjoyed the movie more than Spirits Within.

I think it's the cute characters that I really like. Kadaj is so pretty. Cloud's girlfriend is a hottie. The ill boy looks like a girl. I'm still not sure he is a boy? The girl with the ninja star is cute. Reno has pretty hair. Cloud has the case of teen angst. I love it all.

The movie didn't flow quite smoothly throughout. There were scenes I thought should've been cut out as it created unnecessary pauses. It felt like they were just showing off the graphics just for the hell of it. Music also abruptly stopped in certain parts before cutting to the next scene.

I never played the game so I'm missing some intel to fully grasp what's going on.

Who's the President?
Was he in the game? I bet we'll see more of him in AC2.
So he was in the heli and stole mother-in-a-box from the trio. Why?
When Kadaj spawned the dragon what was it digging for?
What's the purpose of the kids?
Are the grey haired dudes really Cloud's brothers?
What was that stuff leaking out of the box?
What part of Mother was inside? How come Kadaj was crying when the box had cracked? I thought Mother leaked out but then he took something out of the box. What was it?
How come Cloud isn't dead?

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
Originally posted by: ValkyrieofHouston
Is this worth renting and watching?? I saw it out on DVD, but hadn't heard much about it.

its cg tech demo/fan service type stuff. final fantasy fans are just happy to see more of their fav characters and see them in fight scenes. but its not much of a movie. its more like a collection of in game cut scenes. as a movie it was very weak. its good cg for the budget, but its not ground breaking. its feature length game cutscene animation.

Injury

Lifer
Jul 19, 2004
Originally posted by: erwin1978
Who's the President?
Was he in the game? I bet we'll see more of him in AC2.
So he was in the heli and stole mother-in-a-box from the trio. Why?
When Kadaj spawned the dragon what was it digging for?
What's the purpose of the kids?
Are the grey haired dudes really Cloud's brothers?
What was that stuff leaking out of the box?
What part of Mother was inside? How come Kadaj was crying when the box had cracked? I thought Mother leaked out but then he took something out of the box. What was it?
How come Cloud isn't dead?

President... AKA Rufus Shinra is the head of Shinra, the corporation that created Sephiroth and the Mako Reactors.

He is in the game. His father is at the begining of the game, is murdered by Sephiroth, then Rufus takes it upon himself to use Shinra's power to destroy Sephiroth.

The dragon is Bahamut. It was digging for the remains of Jenova. Jenova is the being who's cells were used to create Sephiroth.

The children represent innocence. Innocence being corrupted by an evil force. They are being affected because Jenova was not entirely destroyed.

Cloud is, supposidly, one of the products of Jenova's cells that Shinra created. The game looks at the story line, but I don't remember if it is completely determined if Cloud is just a badass, or if he was created from the same cells. So are they brothers? Not exactly. They could be the product of the same DNA (from Jenova) but do they share the same parents? Hmm... could be.

The stuff leaking out of the box was Jenova's cells. Kadaj and his gang wanted them to resurrect Sephiroth and Jenova.

Kadaj was crying because so many of the cells had been lost, it meant the chance of bringing Jenova back were smaller.

The only thing in the box were Jenova's cells. That's the only thing he could have taken out of the box.

Why isn't Cloud dead? Why would he die?

dighn

Lifer
Aug 12, 2001
^ answered it better than I would have. memories of the movie is a little fuzzy.

anyway I think it was jenova's head in the box

you should play the game if you haven't. it's actually pretty good. or you could read the very long plot summary at gamefaqs.com ffvii section if you really want ot know

Injury

Lifer
Jul 19, 2004

For the record:

Aeris and Zack. Aeris is the flower girl from the game. She is part of the party and is killed by Sephiroth. When cloud has the little out of body experience things, she is the one that he's back to back with.

Zack is pretty much her boyfriend. At one point in the game, it questions Cloud's history and whether was the one who was fighting along side Sephiroth, but we later find out that he wasn't, and was projecting Zack's memories as his own.

If you rented it, watch the bonus disc. There is a feature on there that shows all of the key scenes from the game that help you understand the movie. It's not nearly as moving as playing through and building a love for the characters, but it can help clear things up.

BigJ

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Injury

For the record:

Aeris and Zack. Aeris is the flower girl from the game. She is part of the party and is killed by Sephiroth. When cloud has the little out of body experience things, she is the one that he's back to back with.

Zack is pretty much her boyfriend. At one point in the game, it questions Cloud's history and whether was the one who was fighting along side Sephiroth, but we later find out that he wasn't, and was projecting Zack's memories as his own.

If you rented it, watch the bonus disc. There is a feature on there that shows all of the key scenes from the game that help you understand the movie. It's not nearly as moving as playing through and building a love for the characters, but it can help clear things up.

You're talking about the normally animated short, right?