FF XIV ONLINE - Anyone playing?

Page 18 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
I'm not gonna bother trying until they post something on their twitter saying its fixed. If you register and get an EU code they say you can re-register but that seems more like a fluke than a solution.

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
I'm not gonna bother trying until they post something on their twitter saying its fixed. If you register and get an EU code they say you can re-register but that seems more like a fluke than a solution.

It is up and running now. People that got an EU code yesterday were able to redo it and got a NA code. It is safe to do now. SE is way behind when they post on twitter.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
It is up and running now. People that got an EU code yesterday were able to redo it and got a NA code. It is safe to do now. SE is way behind when they post on twitter.

I'll take your word for it and.... hmmm.... error 3 still. How many tries did it take you guys to get in?

gothamhunter

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2010

I'm still getting error 3 trying to register my 18 digit.

Edit - just got it.

Last edited:

gothamhunter

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2010
I had to refresh a few times. It is just getting hammered now because it is up and working properly

Refresh page or just re-try?

Edit - just got it. Whew :)

So now...how do I know I actually have it on my account? I tried registering again and it said it was already used, but how do I know I have it? Also, I see no mention anywhere that I have a collector's edition?

Last edited:

nanobreath

May 14, 2008
Refresh page or just re-try?

Edit - just got it. Whew :)

So now...how do I know I actually have it on my account? I tried registering again and it said it was already used, but how do I know I have it? Also, I see no mention anywhere that I have a collector's edition?

When you get your game you will actually register that to your account, which will give you the collectors edition and access to the actual release of the game. The codes you are using for pre-order and early access won't let you play the game past release day. It's a code to only access the game for those 3 days.

gothamhunter

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2010
Sigh, this shit shouldn't be this confusing for a consumer or maybe I'm just not understanding it all.

So, I pre-ordered from GMG back in July and got the 18-key code. My account actually has Final Fantasy XIV listed as a service, but nothing about collector's edition (I can't recall if I put this code in or not at the beginning?) I just used this code on the pre-order page and now have my 20-digit code screen (no email yet) and put that in for my pre-order bonuses.

Am I still waiting for a valid game key from GMG in order to play at release?

Edit - just read this:
http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/1kryrr/clarification_on_social_account_management/

FFS SquareEnix, get your shit together.

robvp

Aug 7, 2013
heres a code so you can enter to get another code that you have to enter into another site

nanobreath

May 14, 2008
Sigh, this shit shouldn't be this confusing for a consumer or maybe I'm just not understanding it all.

So, I pre-ordered from GMG back in July and got the 18-key code. My account actually has Final Fantasy XIV listed as a service, but nothing about collector's edition (I can't recall if I put this code in or not at the beginning?) I just used this code on the pre-order page and now have my 20-digit code screen (no email yet) and put that in for my pre-order bonuses.

Am I still waiting for a valid game key from GMG in order to play at release?

Edit - just read this:
http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/1kryrr/clarification_on_social_account_management/

FFS SquareEnix, get your shit together.

Yeah, you got it. Another code you have to use at release that will come with your game. It is the most convoluted way I have ever seen a pre-order early access done.

Phobic9

Golden Member
Apr 6, 2001
Agree on the ridiculous process they have for this game. I was finally able to get an actual US code registered instead of the EU one I had last night (that didn't work anyway).

tedrodai

Golden Member
Jan 18, 2006
If you've ever read that SE has one of the (if not THE) worst account management systems of any MMO company out there, believe it. People don't just say that because they had a bad experience and want to complain about it publicly. It's just that bad.

I don't say this to bash FFXIV, or FFXI, because I play both. It's just a warning. Don't expect anything straightforward, or simple, or efficient in regards to account management...now, or ever.

imagoon

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2003
If you've ever read that SE has one of the (if not THE) worst account management systems of any MMO company out there, believe it. People don't just say that because they had a bad experience and want to complain about it publicly. It's just that bad.

I don't say this to bash FFXIV, or FFXI, because I play both. It's just a warning. Don't expect anything straightforward, or simple, or efficient in regards to account management...now, or ever.

"seconded"

It is bad when there are player created "how-to" guides to do things like reenable games etc.

robvp

Aug 7, 2013

thirded, having experienced it since ffxi, simple things like changing your payment method back in the POL days required jumping through so many menus

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
yes, ff11 has the absolute worst way of handling your account. It's so much fucking work just to get them to take my money.

But at least I could register my code this time. Yay.

pandemonium

Golden Member
Mar 17, 2011

Fourth...ded.

Are you sure? Are you sure you're sure? Are you absolutely sure you're sure? Ok, click here. And here. And there. Then here, again. Then over somewhere that you can't actually reach. Then you can setup your account. Now repeat steps 1-29872934 to login to your POL. Then repeat them again to login to the game!

/throwskeyboard

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
Still can't get mine to take.

It hit me while I was doing this though..I wonder how many people will skip this on PS3 since PS4 is coming out. I realize many people were/are still playing FFXI on PS2...but it came out well before the next gen came out. It also is interesting that this isn't coming out on 360. I would assume they may make a PS4 version at some point.

tedrodai

Golden Member
Jan 18, 2006
Microsoft wants separate servers for Xbox customers, while SE wants cross-platform servers. I believe that is still the reason there's no Xbox version.

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
That worked. Gotta love shoddy web coding. It's a good thing they charged to be able to even do all this because if it had been free, I would have just moved on to something else that wasn't so convoluted. Not a fan of jumping through 20 hoops for something that is supposed to be entertainment. Not even sure this game is fun enough for all that bs they are making people do.

(And that issue should have been fixed already...that doesn't make things look good for the future).

robvp

Aug 7, 2013
Microsoft wants separate servers for Xbox customers, while SE wants cross-platform servers. I believe that is still the reason there's no Xbox version.

i believed they also wanted to put it behind the xbox live paywall