FDA scientists have recommended that the federal government remove marijuana from its most restrictive category of drugs.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

VashHT

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2007
Should be descheduled completely, as someone else mentioned benzos would still be lower, I had a coworker OD on benzos and alcohol, cops found home dead at his place. I've mixed alcohol and weed many many times and the worst effect it had one me was falling asleep on the couch.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
I had heard about home delivery, but no mail order. How is that possible, they can't be using USPS, right?

Not sure. You have a point. Never ordered it that way as I have a dispensary less than 10 minutes drive from me. What I think is that the dispensaries who deliver use their own drivers for delivery. Which makes it weird to say its mail order.

Reactions: Pohemi and hal2kilo

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
I had heard about home delivery, but no mail order. How is that possible, they can't be using USPS, right?
I've been getting mail order cannabis products shipped to WV for over 6 months now. As long as it's made from cannabis containing less than 0.3% Delta 9-THC it is legally classified as hemp and thus is legal for all intents and purposes under federal law. You can get it shipped to most states in the US but not all. Most of my shipments came via USPS.

There are a boat load of online stores all selling federally legal hemp products. I can also purchase hemp products in a handful of local stores. We also just got our first dispensary. This is very good for the economy.

Also, when I open my packages they usually include a visible note stating that it's legal and why just in case someone opens up your package like USPS or the police.

Reactions: Pohemi

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
On balance alcohol is considered a mild social lubricant

Besides, we tried the alcohol ban and it was unsuccessful wheres pot users, distributors and growers have long been successfully prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law for as long as any can remember. And it should remain this way for the sake of the children.
Besides you. show us who concluded that.

Also, who knew the decision to ban is based on the ability to police. That makes sense to all of us 🙄

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Besides you. show us who concluded that.

Also, who knew the decision to ban is based on the ability to police. That makes sense to all of us 🙄
You have to admit that long term use of weed is harmful and detrimental to the users and to society.

It is harmful to the user in that the mental and emotional growth of a pot smoker is stunted because of the confusion it causes because of sensory overload coupled with irrelevant non focused thinking. For some you can also throw in extreme social anxiety in the form of irrational paranoia.

Certainly the above is not something we should allow in society and outside acceptable social mores. Therefore weed should remain illegal and its users arrested to be later sent to drug treatment programs.

As far as society as a whole, we all pay the price for creepy non productive weirdos running around getting high and not working.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
You have to admit that long term use of weed is harmful and detrimental to the users and to society.

It is harmful to the user in that the mental and emotional growth of a pot smoker is stunted because of the confusion it causes because of sensory overload coupled with irrelevant non focused thinking. For some you can also throw in extreme social anxiety in the form of irrational paranoia.

Certainly the above is not something we should allow in society and outside acceptable social mores. Therefore weed should remain illegal and its users arrested to be later sent to drug treatment programs.

As far as society as a whole, we all pay the price for creepy non productive weirdos running around getting high and not working.
Incarceration takes the worst potential outcomes of drug abuse and guarantees that they happen.

Also, apply your analysis to alcohol and see where you land.

Tsinni Dave

Mar 1, 2022

You do realize that "Reefer Madness" wasn't actually a documentary right?

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001

I've known people who partook of marijuana for decades and still have vastly more mental and emotional capacity than you (which, to be fair, is not a difficult task, but the fact remains...)

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

We know alcohol is harmful and detrimental to society. Alcohol if abused is just as dangerous if not more dangerous than pot.

I make those kinds of judgements based on evidence not on my feels. Example: if you are in a closed room with someone drunk vs high which one has the greater chance of being more dangerous to you? The person who could get violent or the person who could laugh themselves to sleep?

DarthKyrie

Golden Member
Jul 11, 2016
We know alcohol is harmful and detrimental to society. Alcohol if abused is just as dangerous if not more dangerous than pot.

I make those kinds of judgements based on evidence not on my feels. Example: if you are in a closed room with someone drunk vs high which one has the greater chance of being more dangerous to you? The person who could get violent or the person who could laugh themselves to sleep?
That would depend on what kind of snacks you might have on you. If no snacks, the high person will most likely just chat your ear off. If you have good snacks they might try to crawl into your pocket.