FDA scientists have recommended that the federal government remove marijuana from its most restrictive category of drugs.

Tsinni Dave

Mar 1, 2022
Decriminalization here in Canada - at least where I am on the west of the west coast - was completely anticlimactic. It's nice to mail order weed for 1/4 the price of 5 years ago and have it arrive with a guaranteed THC and moisture content. I also like not having to make covert phone calls and drive around looking for decent weed and once you did find some having to smoke half of it with anyone else who was also looking but hadn't found any. Huge savings in time and money. The biggest problem from my perspective is there are almost too many varieties available that I want to try.

Reactions: Pohemi

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
We are an archaic society and now being further held back by the regressive GQP party, and even going in reverse on multiple issues. I can't believe It's been 30 years since I first took a hit of weed and this shit is still happening.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
I believe I saw a pot lawyer on YouTube saying it could be worse than it is now if they pass this.

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
So is alcohol, my uncultured friend. Should we ban that too? ;)
On balance alcohol is considered a mild social lubricant and relatively harmless when consumed responsibly. Weed however tends to have excessive deleterious affects on the user and society as whole.

Besides, we tried the alcohol ban and it was unsuccessful wheres pot users, distributors and growers have long been successfully prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law for as long as any can remember. And it should remain this way for the sake of the children.

jmagg

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2001
On balance alcohol is considered a mild social lubricant and relatively harmless when consumed responsibly. Weed however tends to have excessive deleterious affects on the user and society as whole.

Besides, we tried the alcohol ban and it was unsuccessful wheres pot users, distributors and growers have long been successfully prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law for as long as any can remember. And it should remain this way for the sake of the children.
An early entry for dumbest post of the year.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003

I don't know what to say to this except:

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005

1. Alcohol kills far more people every year than pot (if pot kills any). So if your metric is actual harm done to society to determine what should be legal or not then alcohol is far worse and I say this as someone who does drink but has no interest in pot.
2. You're lying when you say the war on drugs has been successful. It's an abject failure and has been for 50 years.

To sum up. You're post is full of outright dishonesty and as usual you're a lying shit bag.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Decriminalization here in Canada - at least where I am on the west of the west coast - was completely anticlimactic. It's nice to mail order weed for 1/4 the price of 5 years ago and have it arrive with a guaranteed THC and moisture content. I also like not having to make covert phone calls and drive around looking for decent weed and once you did find some having to smoke half of it with anyone else who was also looking but hadn't found any. Huge savings in time and money. The biggest problem from my perspective is there are almost too many varieties available that I want to try.
Mail order? Wow.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
In CA you can order it online and have it delivered. There was a freeway billboard up around here last year with the URL where you could order it.
Come on, Washington state. I've been buying prescription meds mail order/online for over 30 years.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
1. Alcohol kills far more people every year than pot (if pot kills any). So if your metric is actual harm done to society to determine what should be legal or not then alcohol is far worse and I say this as someone who does drink but has no interest in pot.
2. You're lying when you say the war on drugs has been successful. It's an abject failure and has been for 50 years.

To sum up. You're post is full of outright dishonesty and as usual you're a lying shit bag.

The connection of alcohol with traffic accidents, domestic violence, overdosing, liver failure, and pregnancy complications are undeniable. And other lesser things like socially embarrassing behavior and hangovers. Weed is not implicated in any of those things. And while he's correct that you can avoid the deleterious effects by using alcohol in moderation, the same is presumably true for any bad effects of MJ, whether real or conjured in his imagination.