Far Cry 5

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I beat it in a week. Just a couple hours before the Live events were enabled. I honestly cant see myself playing again. The dream/acid trip sequences were a pain in the buns, with no way to skip them. But at least the cinematics were skippable this time around.
I wish they'd patch Far Cry 3 and 4 to do the same thing.

Skel

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2001
Problem is there is no main bad guy in this version.

Hopefully they patch that so you can protect father from it.

I feel like 3 had the best bad guy, even though he turned out not to be the big bad somehow. This game further diluted the big bads down. I honestly don't know the point of 'father' as you spend most of the time with the other three.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
Unfortunately I won't finish this before I get god of war. I have a problem with buying games and not finishing them. Once I stop and move on to something else I rarely go back to finish the others.

urvile

Golden Member
Aug 3, 2017
One thing I like about games these days is they actually use actors for the motion capture etc. and also use there likeness Greg Bryk is a cult favourite for me. Especially after his role in the expanse.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
came to s* post about farcry5 ... what a damned mess. There is elements that has talents just a shame noone glued them together .. Inconsistent story, (not)open word, game physics ... fishing??? really .. and a dungshow of an ending .. for a triple A game this get a perfect 2 out of 7 from me. Verdict : Skip.
(have ubi been bought by EA?)

No Profanity allowed in Tech Forums.
Please remember that next time.

PC Gaming Moderator Aigo.

Last edited by a moderator:

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
came to s* post about farcry5 ... what a damned mess. There is elements that has talents just a shame noone glued them together .. Inconsistent story, (not)open word, game physics ... fishing??? really .. and a shitshow of an ending .. for a triple A game this get a perfect 2 out of 7 from me. Verdict : Skip.
(have ubi been bought by EA?)

You're not sober right now, are you?

ericlp

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
What? I can't hear you... too busy fishing! :D LOL! Enjoying the scenery.

woodman1999

Golden Member
Sep 19, 2003
Quick question... is anyone else having issues during cut scenes where the spoken words aren't syncing to the movement of the lips? I get there may be an occasional break in sync, but in every cut scene there is a good 5 second delay between the beginning of a line of text and the actual mouths moving. It's immensely frustrating....

ericlp

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
good 5 second delay

What is your hardware you are running? CPU/GPU/Memory? Could be windows registry is cluttered with installed programs, you may want to try to make a new profile called gaming, and try run it on there. I found that it helped me a lot, if I was running on an system that was a year or two old. Just install the minimum apps to run the games on the new profile. Also, you could look and see how much ram you have free. Kill a bunch of processes that are loading up in the background.

I just built a new PC, last 4-5 months ago, so... I don't have that issue, plus, I don't tend to install a lot of garbage on this machine.

woodman1999

Golden Member
Sep 19, 2003
2600k, 970gtx, 32gb. Computer is definitely a bit dated, but I haven't had issues with any recent titles, most notably Wolfenstein.

urvile

Golden Member
Aug 3, 2017
Currently playing this with SLI gtx1080Ti and a TR 1920x @ 4.1Ghz. @ 3440x1440 this game is demanding it seems to be very CPU intensive. I finally had the time to sit down and play for a few hours uninterrupted and it is awesome. Really enjoyable gameplay. The graphics are phenomenal even on high. This game looks good.

I can't stress enough how awesome it is that there are NPCs named Merle with mullets. This is important. Very important.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
Got this free with a Samsung SSD purchase. Will start it after I finish God of War on PS4.

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
I played it co-op with a friend and had a lot of fun. Sure it was easy, but we had a blast.

And the ending was just terrible. I hate not having the option for a good ending. So stupid.

TheELF

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2012
I played it co-op with a friend and had a lot of fun. Sure it was easy, but we had a blast.

And the ending was just terrible. I hate not having the option for a good ending. So stupid.
/s Next one could be a fallout cross over /s

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
I killed Jacob last time I played... that last phase was annoying as hell but I've maxed out my arsenal and I'm still enjoying the game for the most part. I will admit that the game's allure did sort of wear off once there wasn't as much crazy bs going on but it can still surprise and thrill me from time to time. It's a great sandbox game for simply creating fun and engaging encounters, if anything, like FC3/4. I really like how all of the vehicles handle also, including the aircraft.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
Just finished the story and well...it was VERY poorly written. I don't know how Ubisoft can have a game like Assassin's Creed with such excellent writing and storylines and then this with a story that make no sense whatsoever and with endings that are the worst I've experienced since Mass Effect 3.

The environments were great, some of the things you could do were well done, but the writing and forced story progression ruined the entirety of the experience for me. Oh well, glad it was free.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
I haven't finished it yet but perhaps I can blow through the story to say I got it done now that I finished god of war.

I have the same feeling of the story, crappy story telling and characters aren't that fleshed out hut at least the gameplay is fun.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
Yea the whole ending sucked. Finished it today finally. Did quite a lot of side misisons too. Could have been better honestly and don't think I'd buy the next one if it's just a continuation of this one. It was actually very annoying to push myself to get through it.