Jan 15, 2018
I have been playing FarCry games for long now. The last one was okay but 3rd instalment was way awesome but this time Farcry 5 doesn't look that good. I am confused if Farcry 5 worth buying or should I wait for reviews and after that give it a go.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
That's a personal decision. I pre-ordered it on console because I thought coop would be fun and I have no patience. But if you are on the fence maybe wait for more user reviews.

Reactions: Arshad Hussain

moonbogg

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
I'm not expecting to get this one. I loved 3 but had to force myself to finish 4 and I couldn't be bothered to do any of the side stuff. The formula is stale for me, like a bag of wet chips left in the sun all day. Nasty. Far Cry 5 looks to repeat the same old formula yet again. Just another copy and paste. However, the DLC looks different and may be interesting, although I expect it to be sort of shallow and gimmicky and not worth buying if the main game is too boring to buy itself.
I saw the gameplay from the youtube people playing it. The game looks boring enough to make me want to tear out my eyeballs. Seriously. This is the SAME GAME all over again. No thanks.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
I'm not expecting to get this one. I loved 3 but had to force myself to finish 4 and I couldn't be bothered to do any of the side stuff. The formula is stale for me, like a bag of wet chips left in the sun all day. Nasty. Far Cry 5 looks to repeat the same old formula yet again. Just another copy and paste. However, the DLC looks different and may be interesting, although I expect it to be sort of shallow and gimmicky and not worth buying if the main game is too boring to buy itself.
I saw the gameplay from the youtube people playing it. The game looks boring enough to make me want to tear out my eyeballs. Seriously. This is the SAME GAME all over again. No thanks.

I guess it's good I never played 3 or 4. The first Far Cry changed PC gaming for me forever. It was insane. My friend and I would take turns playing it on PC while the other one watched in awe. At the time the graphics were nuts. Not to mention an immersive game.

Just getting this one for the coop play to game with my gf. I'm a true romantic

moonbogg

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
I guess it's good I never played 3 or 4. The first Far Cry changed PC gaming for me forever. It was insane. My friend and I would take turns playing it on PC while the other one watched in awe. At the time the graphics were nuts. Not to mention an immersive game.

Just getting this one for the coop play to game with my gf. I'm a true romantic

I remember upgrading to two 7800GTX's and an Athlon 64 FX-57 and watching Far Cry get over 80fps in multiplayer. It was the sickest game ever. Crysis was the spiritual and only real successor. "Far Cry" took a different direction in every way. I've always liked the new Far Cry games, starting with Far Cry 2. The multiplayer was great on that one. So much fun it was crazy. None of the others were like that. I have low expectations for the 5th game, but if the reviews are good I might get it. Who knows.
Oh yeah, I didn't even bother buying Primal. Far Cry Primal is not a Far Cry game.

Andy T

Jul 24, 2008
I loved 4 enough to replay. I don't mind the formula and looking forward to 5, although I may wait a few days to a week for them to iron any issues.

Jan 10, 2018
Farcry 3 was good especially its villain Vas was one bad ass of a guy, Pegan ming was okay not that aggressive but I am disappointed with the 5th instalment. I was expecting some Jurassic era or vampire and time travel. Anyhow that is my personal preference.

sweenish

Diamond Member
May 21, 2013
If/When I get a new GPU/rig, I will probably give FC5 a go. I liked 3 a lot, have consigned myself to never getting 4 cheap enough, and was never interested in Primal.

Got a sweet backlog to get into, and that helps my wallet when it comes to collecting games. My new mantra is to not purchase a game unless I intend to play it immediately, and that's been quite helpful.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
I liked 3 and the original but dont think I'll get 5. The same stuff over and over. Plus I never end up doing the side quests. I haven't played a decent PC game besides battlefield in such a long time. I spend most of my time doing military flights in VR.

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
liked 3 a lot, didn't play much of 4 but will certainly try 5 because I like the 'murica theme. the fact that i can face off against a cult-like overly religious band of roving rednecks was enough to hold my attention. i will definitely read some reviews first since it's a Ubisoft title but i'm planning on at least trying it out.

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
early reviews indicating that the game is quite good... sounds like exploration and character progression got reworked and improved.

woodman1999

Golden Member
Sep 19, 2003
Definitely in for FC5. Liked 3 a ton and 4 was funish except for the spirit world garbage. Gonna buy it at some point this week.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
Kotaku review..seems similar to the others except it's amped up with more activities and the dynamic of the map has changed to fit the story. Which is a bit different because this time it replicates real problems here we face in America.

I may actually get it but need to decide if any friends will get it on console so we could do co-op. Otherwise I'll probably play on pc but for some reason I enjoy open world games more on a console.

https://kotaku.com/far-cry-5-the-kotaku-review-1824076892

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
I love the these games, and I pretty much insta-preordered Far Cry 5 on Steam as soon as it became available.

Unlike the older titles in the series, the campaign in this one is supposedly 100% playable in co-op. Personally though, as much as I enjoy playing games with friends, I think I'd honestly rather play this alone. I want to run around the world, take in the beautiful scenery, and shoot stuff all at my own pace.

Truly open-world FPS games are very rare, and Far Cry is a religious experience for me.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
What type of performance are you seeing on PC? I should be able to run it on ultra with a few settings down from that particularly the blur and ambient occlusion, those I usually disable. Although with this being a big open world I don't see myself sitting at the PC for a while playing it. The last few far cry games I've played on console . Most other reviews are saying the story is crap but at least it's progresses nicely..more games like this should take story pointers from Witcher 3.

Jan 15, 2018
Just been through with the video review games seems to be buggy secondly no more hunting :( we can only craft bombs and potions.

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
Gonna see if I can jump into it tonight, might have to wait until closer to the weekend though.

From what I was reading there are a good bunch of GFX cards that can handle the game at higher settings and the CPU requirements are quite reasonable. Also, if you're an AMD GPU owner the latest beta drivers will improve performance on your Radeon cards.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
If you have an RX 580 or a GTX 1060, you should have absolutely no problem running this game at 1080p/60fps with High settings (or even Ultra settings). For reference, the game isn't much more demanding than the previous entries in the series (Far Cry 4/Primal). The game looks gorgeous though, so props to Ubisoft for a well optimized game.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
Are the controls easy on PC? I imagine driving with mouse and keyboard would be annoying. I'm still unsure whether to go with with PC or ps4 pro. Computer can definitely run it no issues probably on ultra.

MetalMat

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2004
Reviews I have seen have criticized the story line a bit but I guess if you like the Farcry formula it does not veer too far off the path. Probably a skip for me, I only made it halfway through the 3rd before simply getting bored with the formulaic sandbox details.

woodman1999

Golden Member
Sep 19, 2003
Well, can't seem to login to Ubisoft to launch the game. Guess I shouldn't be to surprised, but it still kinda sucks...