Far Cry 3: Anyone else excited?

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

WaitingForNehalem

Platinum Member
Aug 24, 2008
sry /troll ;)

most internet things say there is only the brief nudity in the trailer, but the game is rated M for Mature for the following:

Based on the rating, IMHO there is significantly more nudity/sexual content in the game or else they would not list it prominently as the reasons for being rated M.

My recommendation is that you should stay away if offended by personal or religious reasons due to the sexual content.

Rating reference: http://www.ign.com/games/far-cry-3/ps3-53488

Much better response :thumbsup: Thanks

just 1 scene so far.. but it is a cutscene in HD so huge topless scene with a hot female char.

so yes enough for them to label it M.

Thanks. FWIW this is from the ESRB website:
As the game progresses, a handful of scenes depict Jason's interactions with a topless female character;

moonbogg

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011

another 10+ hours in and just hit the second island..

Second Island? What are you talking about? How big is the map? I see a lot of uncovered icons and stuff in the black area, but I can't tell if that is a second island or not. I am hoping this game is larger than it appears, but if not its still huge. I just can't get enough.

Yeah, with the beta drivers. Two 580's get about 20FPS and it usually crashes.

SLI is not working for you. You need 310.64 drivers and then you MUST screw around to get SLI to work. Heres what I had to do and I learned it from a guru3d thread on this exact issue....actually i'll just link you, but I will say that after trying this it didn't work for me. I had to FIRST uninstall the drivers from add/remove programs, and then install again clean.. Then SLI worked very nice with about double the FPS.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=371618

There is your SLI fix.

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
Second Island? What are you talking about? How big is the map? I see a lot of uncovered icons and stuff in the black area, but I can't tell if that is a second island or not. I am hoping this game is larger than it appears, but if not its still huge. I just can't get enough.

Yea, I honestly thought I had beat the game then it sent me to the 2nd island and I had an OMG moment..

Game is huge.

CVSiN

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2004
was not exactly a secret you can see it from the island you are on..

as well as mentioned in the launch trailer.

Last edited:

moonbogg

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011

Thanks guys for the concern regarding ruining the moment, as this game is as special as any wedding announcement or christmas gift could ever be, but CVSiN is right. I can see the whole map lined with events that i haven't done yet. What I was hoping for was that there was even MORE than that. If they release any expansion DLC for this game, I will buy that shit instantly.

EDIT: They really nailed the overall formula for this game, and they did it in a major way. Everything great about the original Far Cry and Far Cry 2 have been included and improved upon. All the annoying things about FC2 were removed completely. And then they added a ton of creative as HELL stuff to do that is unique to any game ever. For instance, I spend about 20 minutes playing duck hunt on the island to earn money. Totally random, totally unexpected and completely badass. I will finish this campaign and continue to have fun on the island. I haven't finished a single player campaign on any game for a long ass time. I'm hooked like a crack addict and am completely surprised at how good this game is.

Last edited:

BlueWeasel

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
For anyone who used a coupon code or getting it from Ubisoft - have you gotten an activation code yet?

CVSiN

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2004
Thanks guys for the concern regarding ruining the moment, as this game is as special as any wedding announcement or christmas gift could ever be, but CVSiN is right. I can see the whole map lined with events that i haven't done yet. What I was hoping for was that there was even MORE than that. If they release any expansion DLC for this game, I will buy that shit instantly.

EDIT: They really nailed the overall formula for this game, and they did it in a major way. Everything great about the original Far Cry and Far Cry 2 have been included and improved upon. All the annoying things about FC2 were removed completely. And then they added a ton of creative as HELL stuff to do that is unique to any game ever. For instance, I spend about 20 minutes playing duck hunt on the island to earn money. Totally random, totally unexpected and completely badass. I will finish this campaign and continue to have fun on the island. I haven't finished a single player campaign on any game for a long ass time. I'm hooked like a crack addict and am completely surprised at how good this game is.

100% agreed.. love the 100% integration with the wildlife this time.
The Islands actually feel "alive" and actually have me on edge big time..

There is a certain animal that was not listed in any of the info. and every damn time I jump out of my skin..

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004

I was mainly kidding, but he made such a big deal out of his reaction to it that it sounded like it was actually something worth keeping a surprise. If that's not the case then no bother

CVSiN

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2004
I was mainly kidding, but he made such a big deal out of his reaction to it that it sounded like it was actually something worth keeping a surprise. If that's not the case then no bother

Ah sorry my Sarcasm detector must be low on batteries.
:)

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
not yet :-( Read on the ubi forums the emails will go out time based on your regions launch window.

So probably not until late tonight, then? :(

Ah well. I had to RMA my video card and the replacement is coming on Wednesday, so I won't be able to play 'til then anyway.

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
Far+Cry+3_862f8c_3323121.jpg

adlep

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2001
Hey, how are you guys are able to play and what not if the release date on the game is tomorrow? Are you talking about the demo or there is some trick to unlocking the game?

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
Hey, how are you guys are able to play and what not if the release date on the game is tomorrow? Are you talking about the demo or there is some trick to unlocking the game?

People in Europe are already legitimately playing the game, and have been for the past few days now, because the EU release date is earlier than the US.

However, depending on what version of the game you have, you can play the US version early by connecting to the internet using a European VPN. This is currently only possible with the Steam version.

coldmeat

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2007
About an hour into it right now, pretty good so far. It's the first game in a while that left me wishing I had a more powerful pc, but it still looks good with my Q6600 and GTX460. One thing I have noticed, is that sometimes I just have to stop moving and let my eyes focus or something. After running/looking around for too long it gets hard for me to make out finer details. I'm not sure what causes this or why it only happens in this game.

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
People in Europe are already legitimately playing the game, and have been for the past few days now, because the EU release date is earlier than the US.

However, depending on what version of the game you have, you can play the US version early by connecting to the internet using a European VPN. This is currently only possible with the Steam version.

In this day and age it still baffles me that this happens. Especially when this has been out on torrents for over a week.

supremor

Dec 2, 2010
Really enjoying the game despite the fact my game suffers from frequent CTD's, often but not exclusively during loading screens. The CTD's coupled with the crappy save system cause me quite abit of frustration.

moonbogg

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
About an hour into it right now, pretty good so far. It's the first game in a while that left me wishing I had a more powerful pc, but it still looks good with my Q6600 and GTX460. One thing I have noticed, is that sometimes I just have to stop moving and let my eyes focus or something. After running/looking around for too long it gets hard for me to make out finer details. I'm not sure what causes this or why it only happens in this game.

That happens to me after about 8 hours. If you are getting low FPS that might cause eye strain since its hard to see the details. The game looks good on lower settings I find.

HeXen

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2009
I need this game. I think I'm one of the very few that actually enjoyed the hell out of Far Cry 2. The malaria did get pretty annoying though. Glad to see they didn't include anything like that in this one.

i've actually been playing through FC2 the past couple of weeks. 11 more missions to go.
wierd thing is FRAPS doesn't work on this game and only this game. DX10 option disapeared from options for some odd reason after i reinstalled Steam.
Graphics on Ultra are top shelf to this day, exploring and stealthily assassinating is richly fun, so i'm super hyped for FC3.

jimrawr

Mar 4, 2003
How come no ones talking about the multiplayer? I know farcry is really a single player experience, but the vids I saw on youtube this multiplayer actually looks sweet.. Has anyone tried it?