Family Guy sucked this week.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

revnja

Platinum Member
Feb 1, 2004
Originally posted by: TheNinja
Stewie giving Brian crap for literally a minute about his "working on that novel for 3 years huh? you got a hero...ya? you working on a little love story.....giving the characters a third dimension....huh? really pluggin away at it?..."

That was the most annoying sh*t ever. And it happened twice in the episode. I simply stopped watching that episode when Stewie went into that again. Sometimes they just don't know when to STOP with the unfunny jokes, and they'll go on for five minutes straight. Personally, I feel that the fourth season of Family Guy is pretty much utter garbage, and I didn't like American Dad at first, but now I'm starting to like it more than the new season of Family Guy, which is sad. Family Guy just really seems like they're reaching for jokes now, and it's hardly fresh like it used to be back in the day.

arod

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2000
i thought as far as family guy goes it sucked bad.... this whole season has been bad for that matter.

Quasmo

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2004
Yeah I liked this episode actually more than the ones from the last two weeks, but it doesn't seem to have the same charm. The revival episode was fricken awesome though. I feel like its almost toned down to a certain degree, and they dont have any one-liners like they did from season 3. I'm really hope they come out with a musical number this season, those are always damn funny, and I hope they use more pop references... they seem to be lowering the amount of references and really stretching for others.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
i was very pleased and supprised i realy was not suspecting an open bar, top shelf booze, and this guy knew his stuff, made me a Moheito, Mooheiito,

what i dont think its a gay drink

hahahaha

sirspotti

Dec 29, 2004
Originally posted by: Anubis
IMO the fam guy ep was great they have all been great, and american dad is funny as hell

agreed man, this week's episode was damn good. it's cool to be easily bored and hate on everything though.

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
Originally posted by: LoKe
Originally posted by: Chaotic42
Family Guy started sucking in its third season, and American Dad is just Family Guy with different looking characters.

QFT. But minus the funny.

Alright, the next person that uses QFT gets banned :|

venk

Banned
Dec 10, 2000
Originally posted by: adambooth
Stewie giving Brian crap for literally a minute about his "working on that novel for 3 years huh? you got a hero...ya? you working on a little love story.....giving the characters a third dimension....huh? really pluggin away at it?..."

That was the most annoying sh*t ever. And it happened twice in the episode. I simply stopped watching that episode when Stewie went into that again. Sometimes they just don't know when to STOP with the unfunny jokes, and they'll go on for five minutes straight. Personally, I feel that the fourth season of Family Guy is pretty much utter garbage, and I didn't like American Dad at first, but now I'm starting to like it more than the new season of Family Guy, which is sad. Family Guy just really seems like they're reaching for jokes now, and it's hardly fresh like it used to be back in the day.

Amazingly enough that was more annoying then the time Peter hurt his knee. :Q

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
Originally posted by: venk

OH come on, did you hear how high his voice got the second time? I guess things that some people find to be really funny just go over other people's heads.

iamwiz82

Lifer
Jan 10, 2001
Originally posted by: Fritzo
Originally posted by: venk

OH come on, did you hear how high his voice got the second time? I guess things that some people find to be really funny just go over other people's heads.

I was laughing at that joke. :laugh:

darkamulets

Feb 21, 2002
Get used to it you can thank Fox for screwing up another great show... Futuruma where did you go???

darkamulets

Feb 21, 2002
Get used to it you can thank Fox for screwing up another great show... Futuruma where did you go???

brunswickite

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2002
family guy is trying to hard to be random and funny.

i will still watch it because its better than most other stuff on TV, but its not as good as teh previous seasons.

jalaram

Lifer
Aug 14, 2000
Some parts were really funny, but other parts were only mildly or barely funny. Stewie ragging on Brian about the book would've been funnier if it was shorter. I was ready to skip it on my ReplayTV because it was becoming more and more unfunny as it dragged on.

I got the Animal House reference, but didn't understand why the old man was there. IMO, he's throwing more and more "out of left field" references in there, but each one just distracts from the main story. It works when it's quick, but some last too long.

People rag on the Simpsons, but at least their references don't bog the story down for those who don't get them.

puffpio

Golden Member
Dec 21, 1999
I think the overextending joke thing is funny..
I think the device is like... "oh I bet people are getting pissed off or annoyed at this long drawn out joke"

Like it's a joke at the expense of the viewer...hilarious

TheToOTaLL

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2001
"Christopher Cross Griffen!!!"

The amount of 80's references in Sunday's episode were unreal....

He-Man
Snorkles
Kris Kross
Animal House
Fast Times At Ridgemont High

I may have to watch it again on the DVR to see if I missed any...

All and all I thought it was great... the Stewie & Brian scene twice about the novel was stretching it, but was funny in its own way. Let us not forget the 5 minute chicken fight towards the beginning of this season.... that was a bit much.