Family Guy sucked this week.

JustAnAverageGuy

Diamond Member
Aug 1, 2003
Where am I supposed to get my cheap laughs now? :frown:

Family Guy is sucking more and more as the season goes on.

American Dad was getting better and better, but it's a rerun this week :|

mwtgg

Lifer
Dec 6, 2001
Originally posted by: JustAnAverageGuy

I think it's just the opposite. American Dad is highly unfunny.

BrokenVisage

Lifer
Jan 29, 2005

Q..F..T! Please oh please tell me they'll get it right next week.

kogase

Diamond Member
Sep 8, 2004
All those shows burn out. Although South Park sort of burned out and then rebounded. Still, all good things come to an end. The Simpsons has really hit rock-bottom.

JustAnAverageGuy

Diamond Member
Aug 1, 2003
Originally posted by: mwtgg

I for one find it much better than Family Guy. Then again, some of the jokes require a working knowledge of politics to understand properply.

American Dad is more consistently funny anyway.

KeyserSoze

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 2000
I was actually surprised with the Simpsons this week. (The first episode, with the gay marriage.) Yeah, the content was definitely out there for the Simpsons, but the jokes and Homer...it was actually the first time I've laughed at that show in years! (No exxageration.)

Family Guy was alright, true..not as good as the original episodes.

KS

LikeLinus

Lifer
Jul 25, 2001
I haven't seen FG this week..but it's Tivo'd and I'll watch it later tonight

My Wife and I both agreed last week that American Dad is getting funnier and funnier also. Some might not agree, but we both think so also.

mwtgg

Lifer
Dec 6, 2001
Originally posted by: mwtgg

I for one find it much better than Family Guy. Then again, some of the jokes require a working knowledge of politics to understand properply.

American Dad is more consistently funny anyway.

Working knowledge of politics? How so?

Jun 4, 2005
It's dumb humour, so, either you're mistaken or you're saying I'm "too good" for this show? I think it was the latter.

I love Family Guy, it's a great show. American Dad, however, is just so damn boring. :insertsupersadfacehere;

I stopped following it, so maybe it has gotten better, I just don't know.

Oh, and what is that little alien like thing? It looks like a cross between an octopuss and a penis. Strage mix.

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
I thought Family Guy was pretty funny. The Animal House parody with Chris in the bathroom was great, the cow kite was excellent and Quagmire with the roofies was classic.

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
Family Guy started sucking in its third season, and American Dad is just Family Guy with different looking characters.

KarenMarie

Elite Member
Sep 20, 2003
weird thing is... i have never seen family guy before, but decided to give it a go because so many ppl here rave about it. After five minutes, I was like.. WTF? This is stupid.... and changed the channel.

So, it used to be better, huh?

PowerMac4Ever

Banned
Dec 9, 2000
Family went progressively downhill since it started. Most of season 3 was garbage.. I haven't bothered to watch the new season, so I won't pass judgement. Regardless, South Park, ATHF, and King of the Hill are the Triumvirate of Awesome Animated Shows.

Adica

Golden Member
Dec 11, 2004
I thought it was funny. "Doug" told me to say that. Now I am going to rob the drug store of all it's astringent.:evil:

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
Originally posted by: KarenMarie
weird thing is... i have never seen family guy before, but decided to give it a go because so many ppl here rave about it. After five minutes, I was like.. WTF? This is stupid.... and changed the channel.

So, it used to be better, huh?

The first season was the best. The second was good. The third had its moments, but generally sucked. Stewie was much funnier when he was trying to take over the world and not trying to find his sexuality.

SVT Cobra

Lifer
Mar 29, 2005
I loved it with the animal house reference with the old guy from the newspaper boy episode peeking in his window that was fricken awesome.....

as for american dad...i hate it, as for whoever said it requires a working knowledge of politics...sure it sort of does...but nothing that a 5th grader who watches the news couldnt figure out

TheNinja

Lifer
Jan 22, 2003
I thought it was pretty funny.

Stewie giving Brian crap for literally a minute about his "working on that novel for 3 years huh? you got a hero...ya? you working on a little love story.....giving the characters a third dimension....huh? really pluggin away at it?..."

Friggin He-Man turning the mule into the battle-cat!

When all the bachelors are lined up at the beginning and you see Quagmire boucing the entire time mumbling "Giggity....ggggig....gigidt....."

mwtgg

Lifer
Dec 6, 2001
Originally posted by: TheNinja
I thought it was pretty funny.

Stewie giving Brian crap for literally a minute about his "working on that novel for 3 years huh? you got a hero...ya? you working on a little love story.....giving the characters a third dimension....huh? really pluggin away at it?..."

Friggin He-Man turning the mule into the battle-cat!

When all the bachelors are lined up at the beginning and you see Quagmire boucing the entire time mumbling "Giggity....ggggig....gigidt....."

I found this episode to be most hilarious. You just outlined why.