• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."
  • Community Question: What makes a good motherboard?

F These guys

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
The Japanese have probably already figured out a good way to do that, but seriously I have seen rooftop aquaponics before. That's right, high altitude fresh water fish, and with it a boat load of veg.

What I was mainly referring to was poultry and eggs. People having a hutch in the backyard is all the rage these days in the burbs. Wouldn't surprise me at all if Arab grocers and restaurants in Detroit were sourcing halal lamb, chicken and/or goat from some of those same rehabed lots I mentioned. Farm to table, having most everything produced within 50miles of the kitchen, it can be as great for your wallet as it is for the environment (not a comment on GMO, talking about energy/petro products used in harvest, storage and transport). Just makes sense.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Jhhnn

No Lifer
Nov 11, 1999
Modern American farming is a highly mechanized high tech high overhead business. Yields per acre are large, but it takes hybrid/gmo seed, fertilizer, herbicides, insecticides, energy, insurance, equipment & facilities. In aggregate, they're so good at it & so competitive that margins are thin in the best of times, even with a strong export market. It all runs on credit, particularly when they need to bridge years of poor weather or poor prices. A good harvest doesn't guarantee a good income. It doesn't matter how big they are when every bushel produced is done at a loss. Growing more solves nothing. Going broke doing a great job of it has to be soul crushing for people attached to the land for generations.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
trump has been a back-stabber since childhood, why would you think he'd behave differently while president?

nothing like a roof top dairy or pig farm to keep you fed during the winter.
you don't need dairy or meat to survive, with proper diet you can get all you nutritional needs form plant based foods.

and with canning you can save what you produce for winter.

Last edited:

RamIt

Nov 12, 2001
I think I will start boycotting these farmers. I already have my own hens and veggie garden. I would rather support out of country farmers than these whining welfare recipients.

thilanliyan

Lifer
Jun 21, 2005
Yeah! Fuck them for not being able to detect the future of who will support them the best!

This is simply the problem with our politics in general.

If you can promise magic genies, balloons, and money... Yeah, people will vote for you.... Just look at Andrew Yang ;)
Fool me once...shame on me...fool me twice...and you got my vote all day long!!! I'd rather be bankrupt than a democrat!!!

This has nothing to do with policy clearly or they wouldn't even consider voting Trump again.

Feb 4, 2009
LOL or we could use capitalist principle of comparative advantage, do what we do best, get paid for it, and then buy our food with the money we earned.
Exactly, in other words the effort to far
trump has been a back-stabber since childhood, why would you think he'd behave differently while president?

you don't need dairy or meat to survive, with proper diet you can get all you nutritional needs form plant based foods.

and with canning you can save what you produce for winter.
It’s just a foolish proposition those deplorable’s have. They fantasize about starving us libs.
Here is what would happen, is libs would continue to do what we do well.....work and earn money. We would then use that money to buy food from someone else, ultimately a deplorable farmer would cave or we’d simple continue buying food from other sources.
Reason people don’t Farm large scale here is we have jobs and farming doesn’t make sense from an income standpoint. Some dude isn’t going to quit his job at EMC to turn his land into a farm. Makes no damn sense to do so.

ASK THE COMMUNITY