F.C.C. Announces Plan to Repeal Net Neutrality

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

unseenmorbidity

Golden Member
Nov 27, 2016
Yes.
https://www.npr.org/2017/09/28/5540...grows-influence-attacks-continue-in-real-time
It is really, no kidding, a thing. Either you're ignorant to the possibility of there actually being people on a forum (even AT) intentionally attempting to sway public opinion, or you're being intentionally disingenuous. Given the number of times I've seen you post something to this effect (Russian trolls? That's crazy talks!), that's enough alone for me to raise an eyebrow.
No, there is a difference between saying Russian Trolls exists, and saying everyone that opposes my narrow world view fueled by propaganda is a Russian Troll.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I can't even understand what his point is. Is he suggesting that we go after Obama to try and stop this? News flash, Obama has no political power anymore.

He's basically trying to say that because Obama appointed Pai that this action by Pai is Obama's fault or something. He either didn't know that Obama was required by law to appoint a Republican to that post and therefore is stupid, or he did know and is trying to be deliberately deceptive.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
No, there is a difference between saying Russian Trolls exists, and saying everyone that opposes my narrow world view fueled by propaganda is a Russian Troll.
You've been shitposting your way through ATP&N for a few days now, and call anyone who even mentions the possibility that someone's intentionally trying to sway public opinion crazy. Flatly, you're protesting too much.

unseenmorbidity

Golden Member
Nov 27, 2016
If you think a different Republican appointee wouldn't be doing the same thing Pai is you're delusional.
There are plenty of Republicans that support NN.

You've been shitposting your way through ATP&N for a few days now, and call anyone who even mentions the possibility that someone's intentionally trying to sway public opinion crazy. Flatly, you're protesting too much.

You are fucking crazy if you believe this Russiagate conspiracy bullshit without any evidence.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
There are plenty of Republicans that support NN.

Yes, I'm sure the Republican controlled Senate would have totally confirmed a Republican commissioner who wanted to impose Title II regulation on the telecom industry. lol.

Seriously, you are either a liar or incredibly stupid. Stop talking about things you don't understand.

unseenmorbidity

Golden Member
Nov 27, 2016
Yes, I'm sure the Republican controlled Senate would have totally confirmed a Republican commissioner who wanted to impose Title II regulation on the telecom industry. lol.

Seriously, you are either a liar or incredibly stupid. Stop talking about things you don't understand.
Yah, they would have.

unseenmorbidity

Golden Member
Nov 27, 2016
By all means explain why McConnell would have confirmed a nominee with policy views directly opposed to his after Obama threw out his recommendation.

Prediction: you will not do this.
Because they wouldn't obstruct forever. He could have used the bully pulpit and made some deals. Nearly everyone likes NN!

Whose fault was it that the Dems lost over a 1000 seats anyway!?

I mean, if we are going to rewrite history, why stop there?

Reactions: DarthKyrie

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
So basically the infrastructure of our modern society is under attack and all we can do is sit around and say 'But they did it too!'
What fools are we.

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
http://www.broadcastingcable.com/ne...ll-work-permanent-net-neutrality-rules/170242

Yea the Republicans have our back like they did for invading our privacy (supported by less than 15% of voters):
Energy & Commerce Committee chairman Greg Walden (R-Ore.) and Communications Subcommittee chair Marsha Blackburn (R-Tenn.) praised Pai's rollback of common carrier-based 'net regs. (Blackburn helped lead the successful congressional effort to nullify the FCC's rules on broadband privacy).

Regarding the new rules, Republicans say:
“I commend the current FCC for its commitment to a free and open Internet with a lighter regulatory touch, and today’s announcement is a major step in that pursuit," said Rep. Bob Latta (R-Ohio)

Sen. John Thune (R-S.D.), chairman of the powerful Senate Commerce Committee. “The last administration’s approach of regulating the internet with depression era phone rules is deeply flawed," Thune told B&C. "While I support Chairman Pai’s efforts as an improvement

“I welcome Chairman Pai’s announcement to restore the light-touch regulatory framework that has allowed the internet to thrive since its creation," said Sen. Roger Wicker (R-Miss.),

and Democrats say:
Calling it an effort to "gut" the rules, Sen. Ed Markey (D-Mass.) one of the Hill's biggest Title II fans, promised a "firestorm" of opposition.

“Net neutrality is essential for protecting free speech online and allowing small businesses to flourish, and that’s why the American people spoke out by the millions in defense of these important protections," said Rep. Frank Pallone (D-N.J.)

“The internet must remain an open marketplace where everyone has the opportunity to participate," said Rep. Doris Matsui (D-Calif.) "Rolling back net neutrality protections will undermine the ability of American consumers and businesses to innovate and compete on a level playing field online

Don't give me your both sides bullshit. Give me your sources or shut the fuck up and get the fuck off this thread.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Because they wouldn't obstruct forever. He could have used the bully pulpit and made some deals. Nearly everyone likes NN!

Is there any limit to how many stupid things you can post?

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009

Is there any limit to how many stupid things you can post?
Asked...
This narrative that poor lil Obama was always obstructed is mostly bullshit. He did what he wanted to do.
And answered.

So the Democrats didn't lost over a 1000 seats?

They did.. didn't they!? And why was that again!? Ohh right, Obama's faux populism.
and answered again.

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
Damn where the hell is Zinfamous? Somebody needs a beatdown so bad....