F–k school f–k softball f–k cheer f–k everything

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
And the US Supreme Court agrees.
Every justice agreed that is except for justice Thomas, and for this one time only I agree with Thomas.
This attitude is what's wrong with kids today, their pissy "always the victim" arrogant attitude. So, what happened mommy and daddy, couldn't control you kid? You know what we have here, what mommy and daddy have created here.... a kid unable to cope with others in life. And I'd wager that down the road she will be one of those attacking the capital, voting for the Trump's, and threatening her enemies with a gun to settle an argument. A "KAREN" in the making. So she couldn't make the team, so what, it's not exactly the end of the world. There is a difference between free speech and just being a bitchy little whore. Thomas was right, she is to some extent a professional and because of her position in the school she does in fact represent the school, and she was a cheerleader to boot, so what she says publicly definitely does reflect on the school itself. If she worked for me with that attitude, I'd fire her ass on the spot. White, privileged, and not enough Barbie dolls as a kid, I guess.... :rolleyes:

Outburst from JV cheerleader
“F–k school f–k softball f–k cheer f–k everything” Brandi Levy, then 14, wrote in 2017. She was reacting to the fact that as a junior varsity cheerleader she had failed to get a spot on the varsity squad at Mahanoy Area High School in Mahanoy City, Pennsylvania.

When school officials learned of the outburst, Levy was suspended from the JV team for having violated school rules. But her lawyers sued, alleging the school had violated her freedom of speech. Levy is now 18 and a freshman at Bloomsburg University.

CNN

• Haha
Reactions: KMFJD and Pohemi

repoman0

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2010
And the US Supreme Court agrees.
Every justice agreed that is except for justice Thomas, and for this one time only I agree with Thomas.
This attitude is what's wrong with kids today, their pissy "always the victim" arrogant attitude. So, what happened mommy and daddy, couldn't control you kid? You know what we have here, what mommy and daddy have created here.... a kid unable to cope with others in life. And I'd wager that down the road she will be one of those attacking the capital, voting for the Trump's, and threatening her enemies with a gun to settle an argument. A "KAREN" in the making. So she couldn't make the team, so what, it's not exactly the end of the world. There is a difference between free speech and just being a bitchy little whore. Thomas was right, she is to some extent a professional and because of her position in the school she does in fact represent the school, and she was a cheerleader to boot, so what she says publicly definitely does reflect on the school itself. If she worked for me with that attitude, I'd fire her ass on the spot. White, privileged, and not enough Barbie dolls as a kid, I guess.... :rolleyes:

CNN

This is a stupid ass wall of text even by sportage standards. You are the little bitch if an outburst from a 14 year old girl gives you this kind of reaction.

Reactions: Pohemi

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006
This is well in line with their past rulings.

If student speech doesn’t disrupt the school day it’s cannot be restricted. This was private speech on social media well outside the school day. It was the right decision.

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006
If you kick every teenager out of a school sports team for swearing out of school you'd have no school sports teams!
99% of every high school ever has said fuck school at some point out of frustration.
Now if this girl said fuck softball, fuck cheerleading and fuck school at school the school would have been in their right to disciplines. Outside of school they have no such powers unless it’s disruptive to the school day which in this case the school never showed that it did.

Reactions: Pohemi

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.

Reactions: Vic

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
The Supremes won’t touch cases dealing with the corruption of our Republic but a case about parents overreacting to a school overreacting to a teenager’s bitching about life? Bring It On!

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
The Supremes won’t touch cases dealing with the corruption of our Republic but a case about parents overreacting to a school overreacting to a teenager’s bitching about life? Bring It On!

Not that I've seen the movie, but please tell me that was a reference to it :D

• Love
Reactions: Homerboy

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
99% of every high school ever has said fuck school at some point out of frustration.
Now if this girl said fuck softball, fuck cheerleading and fuck school at school the school would have been in their right to disciplines. Outside of school they have no such powers unless it’s disruptive to the school day which in this case the school never showed that it did.
I say "Fuck this place, and fuck you guys" fairly regularly at work. They still haven't sacked me. :(

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
This is well in line with their past rulings.

If student speech doesn’t disrupt the school day it’s cannot be restricted. This was private speech on social media well outside the school day. It was the right decision.

Makes sense to me for a public school.

But the OP seems to care about the content of the speech itself. This totally misses the issue as far as SCOTUS is concerned.

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006
Good is in the eye of the beholder. It’s not good for unions but it’s the right ruling in terms of our laws on private property rights.

I was more talking about the conservative Supreme Court shafting shareholders(instead of tax payers) of Freddie and Fannie and essentially making it easy for Biden to fire Trumps FHHA goon. Puts the nix on re-privatizing Freddie and Fannie. Hopefully they will be spun off as a government backed utilities. Only people who support the re privatization are people who want to grift.

Nov 8, 2012

Why is that though? I can understand during class - because that is distrupting education of others and is generally making a scene.

but lets say a kid says that in the hallway at school - or in the locker room in gym class to their friend and a teacher happens to walk by. What kind of authoritative type of shit do you have to believe in to think that the fact that it was said in a school hallway should be grounds for punishment, but saying it outside after being dismissed at 3:01 isn't?

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006
Why is that though? I can understand during class - because that is distrupting education of others and is generally making a scene.

but lets say a kid says that in the hallway at school - or in the locker room in gym class to their friend and a teacher happens to walk by. What kind of authoritative type of shit do you have to believe in to think that the fact that it was said in a school hallway should be grounds for punishment, but saying it outside after being dismissed at 3:01 isn't?
Bad example Because both are on school property and the Supreme Court allows for schools to enforce codes of conduct regarding profanity on school grounds. Which includes school grounds, as well as bus stops, and busses.

That said, in my experience, outside of conservative areas discipline is extremely lax on profanity unless it’s directed directly at a teacher or administrator.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2012
Bad example Because both are on school property and the Supreme Court allows for schools to enforce codes of conduct regarding profanity on school grounds. Which includes school grounds, as well as bus stops, and busses.

Again so whats the grounds? What if someone takes out their smartphone during lunch and posts it on social media during the school day?

What if someone is driving by the school (both within and outside of school hours) and posts it using their wifi?

How about if they go pick-up off-campus lunch at McDonalds and post it while in line at the drive-thru?

Also bus stops? Really? lol.

Last edited:

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Again so whats the grounds? What if someone takes out their smartphone during lunch and posts it on social media during the school day?

What if someone is driving by the school (both within and outside of school hours) and posts it using their wifi?

How about if they go pick-up off-campus lunch at McDonalds and post it while in line at the drive-thru?

Also bus stops? Really? lol.

The court need not resolve every permutation of situations. The rule is that the school must show that the speech disrupts the school in a significant way. The farther away from the classroom the communication occurred, the more difficult it will be to make that case. The SCOTUS doesn't make rulings covering every imagined situation. That isn't how it works.

Reactions: Meghan54 and Vic

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
The court need not resolve every permutation of situations. The rule is that the school must show that the speech disrupts the school in a significant way. The farther away from the classroom the communication occurred, the more difficult it will be to make that case. The SCOTUS doesn't make rulings covering every imagined situation. That isn't how it works.

Unacceptable. People must have clear explicit boundaries. Like being a boy and having boy parts from birth or being a girl and having girl parts from birth.