Explosion reported at Brussel airport

Page 16 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
New ISIS video shows Eiffel Tower exploding.
https://pjmedia.com/homeland-securi...rs-release-video-with-exploding-eiffel-tower/

So we will invade London, Brussels and Berlin, like we did in Paris before," the narrator warns

Hey Euro friends, how's that open refugee policy working out for you?
Clearly not well, given that they've invaded(!) Paris, Brussels, London, Berlin, and now the Eiffel Tower!!

They're getting desperate and are now resorting to individual terrorist attacks, rather than, you know, invading like one country invades another country.

But, hey, go clutch those pearls and talk about how bad all Muslims are. Or how bad all non-US citizen Muslims are. Or, however you slice and dice the 1.6 billion Muslims in the world into good ones and bad ones.

Be afraid!

Nov 25, 2013
Wow you seem pretty pissy. I did not see this comment so I did not respond.

Saying a religious person is not devout if they don't follow some of the basic rules of their religion does not seem all that inflammatory to me.

Are you planning on answering the questions?

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
Clearly not well, given that they've invaded(!) Paris, Brussels, London, Berlin, and now the Eiffel Tower!!

They're getting desperate and are now resorting to individual terrorist attacks, rather than, you know, invading like one country invades another country.

But, hey, go clutch those pearls and talk about how bad all Muslims are. Or how bad all non-US citizen Muslims are. Or, however you slice and dice the 1.6 billion Muslims in the world into good ones and bad ones.

Be afraid!

The only scary thing is the fucking Koran:
http://corpus.quran.com/translation.jsp?chapter=5&verse=33

Sahih International: Indeed, the penalty for those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger and strive upon earth [to cause] corruption is none but that they be killed or crucified or that their hands and feet be cut off from opposite sides or that they be exiled from the land. That is for them a disgrace in this world; and for them in the Hereafter is a great punishment,

Pickthall: The only reward of those who make war upon Allah and His messenger and strive after corruption in the land will be that they will be killed or crucified, or have their hands and feet on alternate sides cut off, or will be expelled out of the land. Such will be their degradation in the world, and in the Hereafter theirs will be an awful doom;

Yusuf Ali: The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger, and strive with might and main for mischief through the land is: execution, or crucifixion, or the cutting off of hands and feet from opposite sides, or exile from the land: that is their disgrace in this world, and a heavy punishment is theirs in the Hereafter;

Shakir: The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His messenger and strive to make mischief in the land is only this, that they should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides or they should be imprisoned; this shall be as a disgrace for them in this world, and in the hereafter they shall have a grievous chastisement,

Muhammad Sarwar: The only proper recompense for those who fight against God and His Messenger and try to spread evil in the land is to be killed, crucified, or either to have one of their hands and feet cut from the opposite side or to be sent into exile. These are to disgrace them in this life and they will suffer a great torment in the life hereafter.

Mohsin Khan: The recompense of those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger and do mischief in the land is only that they shall be killed or crucified or their hands and their feet be cut off on the opposite sides, or be exiled from the land. That is their disgrace in this world, and a great torment is theirs in the Hereafter.

Arberry: This is the recompense of those who fight against God and His Messenger, and hasten about the earth, to do corruption there: they shall be slaughtered, or crucified, or their hands and feet shall alternately be struck off; or they shall be banished from the land. That is a degradation for them in this world; and in the world to come awaits them a mighty chastisement,
Any way you slice it (heh), this is what these little fucktards are reading in the koran. The problem is the ideology that the koran teaches. Until scripture like this changes, muslims cannot be trusted and their impressionable will be targets for radicalization.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
Wow you seem pretty pissy. I did not see this comment so I did not respond.

Saying a religious person is not devout if they don't follow some of the basic rules of their religion does not seem all that inflammatory to me.

What should a devout Christian follow and believe?

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
Are you projecting anxiety about your own country (the uk)? At the rate muslims are reproducing, they'll be a majority in your lifetime (50 years). When the no-go zones start hitting, you guys are fucked. I'd be very nervous if I were you. Or you can move to the U.S., we'll take you in.

lol
The Nazi welcomes you with open arms

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005

Any way you slice it (heh), this is what these little fucktards are reading in the koran. The problem is the ideology that the koran teaches. Until scripture like this changes, muslims cannot be trusted and their impressionable will be targets for radicalization.

Defending yourself when attacked doesn't terrorize normal people

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
I was referring to King Henry with the lifestyle statement
No, it is not called an actual theocracy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theocracy

Maybe whats mostly wrong with the US education, is that lots of average people think they are really smart

Executing 10's of thousands of people for opposing your new state religion, of which your head of state has created and installed himself leader, is hardly an issue of mere "lifestyle."

In any event, the entanglement between religion and affairs of state is a spectrum. Wherever in that spectrum it becomes a text book "theocracy" isn't the most important thing, unless your priority is clarifying semantics.

These days in the US we complain about a moment of silence in public schools. Compared to what we see in many Muslim countries today, and Christian countries of the past, those concerns almost seem trivial.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
Executing 10's of thousands of people for opposing your new state religion, of which your head of state has created and installed himself leader, is hardly an issue of mere "lifestyle."

The lifestyle I was referring to was his annulment from Catherine
Ya, when people opposed their King they were usually executed

In any event, the entanglement between religion and affairs of state is a spectrum. Wherever in that spectrum it becomes a text book "theocracy" isn't the most important thing, unless your priority is clarifying semantics.

These days in the US we complain about a moment of silence in public schools. Compared to what we see in many Muslim countries today, and Christian countries of the past, those concerns almost seem trivial.

What do you mean "moment of silence"?
Americans complaining about a moment of silent prayer?

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015

Oh, I'm sure some libruul on some blog somewhere said something negative about it, so now all of us libruuls are against moments of silence or something.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013

Yes, they were executed by the state for heresy and other religious crimes. If you don't see this as entanglement between religion and the state then I don't know what to tell you.

You seem unfamiliar with the concept of church/state separation and the fact that "theocracy" is just one place on the spectrum?

When religious conservatives want to have a "moment of silence" in public school classrooms, it is opposed on grounds that it violates the Establishment Clause in the US Constitution, because the moment of silence is really intended for religious prayer, so it comes across as the government endorsing religion. Whatever the merits of that argument, I offer it to illustrate the kinds of things we argue about in the present day as offensive to the principle of church/state separation and how such things seem trivial in comparison to how things were in the past, or at present in Muslim countries.

http://www.firstamendmentschools.org/freedoms/faq.aspx?id=12810

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Oh, I'm sure some libruul on some blog somewhere said something negative about it, so now all of us libruuls are against moments of silence or something.

You don't understand one word I wrote in my post in response to him so why are you attempting to interpret it for him?

And by the way, I happen to be a "librul" you moron.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
You don't understand one word I wrote in my post in response to him so why are you attempting to interpret it for him?

And by the way, I happen to be a "librul" you moron.
I understood all the words you wrote in your response to him, and I never said you weren't a liberal.

Did I address you, or someone else?

Moron.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
Yes, they were executed by the state for heresy and other religious crimes. If you don't see this as entanglement between religion and the state then I don't know what to tell you.

You seem unfamiliar with the concept of church/state separation and the fact that "theocracy" is just one place on the spectrum?

When religious conservatives want to have a "moment of silence" in public school classrooms, it is opposed on grounds that it violates the Establishment Clause in the US Constitution, because the moment of silence is really intended for religious prayer, so it comes across as the government endorsing religion. Whatever the merits of that argument, I offer it to illustrate the kinds of things we argue about in the present day as offensive to the principle of church/state separation and how such things seem trivial in comparison to how things were in the past, or at present in Muslim countries.

http://www.firstamendmentschools.org/freedoms/faq.aspx?id=12810

I never said I didn't see it as an "engtanglement"
I said they weren't/aren't looked at as theocracies
I mentioned that modern day Christian countries still have such "entanglements"
Every country deals with it differently
Many Muslim majority countries are secular

Omar F1

Sep 29, 2009

Apology to interrupt, but would you please look out for the story behind these verses? and btw, it's not talking about jihad either.

(not implying that Quran is far from some harsh/violent tones against infidels and the order to wage war against them)