Explosion reported at Brussel airport

Page 14 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
I am open to a constitutional amendment that bans all religions.

+1

Wouldn't bother me a lot.

I'm sure are may on the right list that are just too anal to admit it to begin with. Especially the Liars.

33d0IlI.jpg

Ramen.

At least Pastafarian's get a money back guarantee.

:sneaky:

Last edited:

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
LOL.

You clearly missed the point made where most of the terrorists that attack the west AREN'T poor.

So billionaire bin laden, and his upper middle class minions needed a path to whatsthatagain?

No, go on, explain yourself completely. Show me the well-to-do minions who killed themselves and keep pointing to the ultra-rich would-be hermit.

I'm sure you have more examples.

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
Well sure. What part did I lose you on? You said you were for open borders but only for Western nations. You wanted open borders so people could seek opportunity. The reality is that more come to the US than leave for opportunity.

So explain where we split.

We split in that I have no idea what the hell you're talking about... except that you don't understand me and cannot seem to do so.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
We split in that I have no idea what the hell you're talking about... except that you don't understand me and cannot seem to do so.

So take some time to explain. You took the time to tell me I'm wrong but not how. I have made 2 posts to you so it's not like you gave me some long explanation.

StrangerGuy

Diamond Member
May 9, 2004
I'm sure there is no such thing as a "peaceful majority" non-Muslim population, and their feelings should be subservient to the Allah worshippers because.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
They prayed a lot

I know many Christians who pay a lot and then judge and lie. Just because someone prays a lot does not mean they are devout. If they were drinking they were breaking a pretty clear rule of Islam. Breaking that rule has a pretty clear punishment by most scholars. Even the prophet flogged someone who drank.

So, they were not very devout but I'm sure they were very much Muslim. Sounds like you were able to have fun because they were not very strict followers.

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
So take some time to explain. You took the time to tell me I'm wrong but not how. I have made 2 posts to you so it's not like you gave me some long explanation.

Sorry, I lost interest in that process. Maybe going back and reading my posts in this thread prior to your asking me questions will illuminate something.

It's not you, but there's too much willful misunderstanding that I can't fight the tide of.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Doesn't that describe people of every religion? When they're strict followers they are no fun...

Don't shut me down when I ask you questions and then turn around and ask me questions. Either have the respect to answer my questions or don't ask me anything.

You got all pissy to the other guy for misrepresentating you so when I honestly try you shut me down too. If you are unwilling to have a conversation with me on the previous don't try and start a new one. You are just as likely to take your ball and go home again.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Welcome to the internet. You're obviously new.

I have plenty of meaningful an honest discussions with people here. If you justify your illogical and hypocritical comments with "its the Internet" that's your deal. Can't stop you from that but it does make you look stupid. You could easily explain yourself and you seem to have the time to post, yet you don't. Your life.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
In my mind I've just dressed you all in black with a twirlable moustache proclaiming, "THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING!".

Lay off the hyperbole dude. The beginning of attacks occurred quite a while ago.

With the UK and Spain bombings a decade ago? France was attacked twice much more recently. ISIS is larger and more organized than those previous one off notes. Our governments claim they have at least 400 agents who crossed borders, and these events in Belgium are a direct result of / continuation of what happened in Paris.

You want to tell us this is just another day in the life?
Nothing to see here?

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
Let's turn it around. What would you like to discuss about this topic?

I can engage in meaningful discussion. Most people that have engaged me in this thread have done so... with less than good intentions. You seem earnest, so can we start fresh? What do you want to talk about?

I'm going to delete my nonsense. Up to you what you do.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Let's turn it around. What would you like to discuss about this topic?

I can engage in meaningful discussion. Most people that have engaged me in this thread have done so... with less than good intentions. You seem earnest, so can we start fresh? What do you want to talk about?

I'm going to delete my nonsense. Up to you what you do.

Then just go back to what I asked before. You are for open borders with other "Western" nations. You believe it makes for a better world when people can seek opportunity and better themselves. Many more people come to the US than leave. They come for a better life. That means the US offers something that the other place did not which is a better life.

Do you disagree with any of that?

As for the religious, yes. When people are less religious the seem to nicer and have more fun in my experience. Most religions have stupid and or sadistic rules. Killing a woman who gets raped because she went somewhere alone and did not cry out loud enough is evil. We are better off as a world when people are less religious.

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
Then just go back to what I asked before. You are for open borders with other "Western" nations. You believe it makes for a better world when people can seek opportunity and better themselves. Many more people come to the US than leave. They come for a better life. That means the US offers something that the other place did not which is a better life.

Do you disagree with any of that?

As for the religious, yes. When people are less religious the seem to nicer and have more fun in my experience. Most religions have stupid and or sadistic rules. Killing a woman who gets raped because she went somewhere alone and did not cry out loud enough is evil. We are better off as a world when people are less religious.

I don't think you can jump from more people come to the US than leave it to basically any conclusion. So yeah, I disagree with some of it. I don't want to suggest that I'm building to my own conclusions on that idea.

We're on the same page with regards to religion (or close enough that I don't think we're going to be challenging each other's positions).

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
I don't think you can jump from more people come to the US than leave it to basically any conclusion. So yeah, I disagree with some of it. I don't want to suggest that I'm building to my own conclusions on that idea.

We're on the same page with regards to religion (or close enough that I don't think we're going to be challenging each other's positions).

So then why do you think they come to the US? They are not being forced, and I presume they do not come here to have the same or worse life. It is reasonable to think that they coming here because they think it will be better.

The idea that I think you advocate for is the hope of a better life. Without that hope, future investment becomes stupid for most. Why spend time and energy if you are going to die the next day right? The more we can get those people out of their culture and into our western one, the better off we will all be.

You also dont want to let in everyone in. Some places are far to messed up right now to have an "open" border. That was where I said that you are not opposites, just at different levels. Someone like Trump says ban all Muslims right now, whereas you would say dont ban all people of that group, just some of that group. I say some of that group because I would presume that some of the areas you would keep out are countries that are 90%+ Muslim.

Still on track there? I said a lot so I figured I would stop and check. I'm making conclusions and building off of them, so I dont want to go too far.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Is there some middle ground between open borders and "ban all Muslims"?
Is it fair to target such restrictions towards the refugees themselves, ban Syrian / Iraqi immigration? Designate the worst offending countries / most likely to harbor terrorists and isolate them?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Is there some middle ground between open borders and "ban all Muslims"?
Is it fair to target such restrictions towards the refugees themselves, ban Syrian / Iraqi immigration? Designate the worst offending countries / most likely to harbor terrorists and isolate them?

We already do something like that, which is subjecting people from violent/terrorist-y areas to way way more scrutiny than people from more peaceful ones.

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
So then why do you think they come to the US? They are not being forced, and I presume they do not come here to have the same or worse life. It is reasonable to think that they coming here because they think it will be better.

The idea that I think you advocate for is the hope of a better life. Without that hope, future investment becomes stupid for most. Why spend time and energy if you are going to die the next day right? The more we can get those people out of their culture and into our western one, the better off we will all be.

You also dont want to let in everyone in. Some places are far to messed up right now to have an "open" border. That was where I said that you are not opposites, just at different levels. Someone like Trump says ban all Muslims right now, whereas you would say dont ban all people of that group, just some of that group. I say some of that group because I would presume that some of the areas you would keep out are countries that are 90%+ Muslim.

Still on track there? I said a lot so I figured I would stop and check. I'm making conclusions and building off of them, so I dont want to go too far.

You don't think some are forced? And being forced doesn't mean they can't also have a better life, which I definitely think is a primary motivator.

I never said I don't want to let everyone in. I never said to ban anyone. I'm not sure where that is coming from...

Omar F1

Sep 29, 2009
I know many Christians who pay a lot and then judge and lie. Just because someone prays a lot does not mean they are devout. If they were drinking they were breaking a pretty clear rule of Islam. Breaking that rule has a pretty clear punishment by most scholars. Even the prophet flogged someone who drank.

So, they were not very devout but I'm sure they were very much Muslim. Sounds like you were able to have fun because they were not very strict followers.
Commitment to the five prayers per day isn't much to be talked about. In fact it's the basic act the muslim should ensure, to be considered muslim in the first place. "The line between us and them (infidels) is the prayer" as the prophet said.
Whereas ensuring to pray them at mosque, on time for each and every day, that is a true worship and devotion - especially for the predawn one.

A devout Muslim? that is a broad selection and a quite long list, seriously.