evolution of religion

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Compton

Platinum Member
Feb 18, 2000
Originally posted by: IGBT
..the present day heathens now believe in global warming.

I know many heathens, and none of us believe the global warming propaganda.

Jun 26, 2007

Hehehehe....

And like the church you will eventually admit that it's real? Like they eventually had to concede with the fact that the earth revolves around the sun and even had to acknowledge the fact of evolution?

Jun 26, 2007
Originally posted by: Compton

I know many heathens, and none of us believe the global warming propaganda.

Well i know many "heathens" too, or should i say atheists and science tells us something that propaganda does not, the likes of Carter et al and Chricton et al who are either working for compaines that have a vested intrest in the oil industry and USED to be scientist in a completely different field or in the case of Chricton isn't a scientist at all, they will spout propganda while the real scientists present their results which YOU somehow see as propaganda.

The evidence for man made global warming isn't as overwhelming as for evolution or gravity but it's close enough to make a valid theory that none of the skeptics has been able to disprove so far.

A simple google search will help you to understand this before you write more BS about it.

Coolone

Aug 18, 2001
Originally posted by: KermitM42
Originally posted by: lousydood
1) It doesn't help that you call them 'heathens.'

2) Westerners non-violent? Have you bothered to open a newspaper, ever?

Not to mention, the moment the Europeans discovered the "New" world, they engaged in a systematic slaughter of indigenous peoples. "Precepts of violence" didn't go anywhere.

Whenever I hear someone describe themselves as Christian, I wince, because 99% of the time they are a gigantic hypocrite.

What is this doing on highly technical?

you're forgetting the persecution of the mormons in the mid-west. i believe it was missouri (not 100%) actually issued a full scale state wide extermination of the mormons in the 1800's. non-violent??

Yes, we had that extermination order on us, which was only rescinded in 1976.