mkz

Sep 10, 2017
Hi!

So, I got this older tyan s7025 with 2x x5650 and am trying to get more speed out of it... I tried software approaches but no cigar. Then I thought about downloading the EVGA sr2 bios and began looking up the details with the AMI tools, but I'd like some feedback before doing reckless things out of excitement:

- given the similarities between the two boards, would be possible to just put the sr2 bios on the tyan?
- barring that, is it conceivable to patch the stock tyan bios with exported modules from the evga bios?

How would you approach this, if at all possible? Feel free to be technical about it, I don't mind.

Thanks a lot,
-mkz

(edit: removed adjective suggesting close similitude between the boards)

Last edited:

Burpo

Diamond Member
Sep 10, 2013
Last edited:

Smoblikat

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2011
I doubt that would work, I do happen to have a NIB EVGA SR2 though..........PM if interested.

I have added NVMe modules to motherboards before, but I doubt adding overclocking support is as simple. Otherwise everyone would do that to OEM boards and chipsets wihtout native OC support.

tcsenter

Lifer
Sep 7, 2001
Is the BIOS chip soldered or socketed? I suggest keeping a spare BIOS chip on hand if socketed, programmed with the correct BIOS, you can swap in just in case. If soldered, there are EEPROM (flash) programmers with SOIC8/SOP8 test clips for in-board programming that can be had cheaply on Ebay. I bought one for $36 delivered all inclusive with test clips.