EVGA GT 240 $40 AR @ the egg

f4phantom2500

Platinum Member
Dec 3, 2006
Last edited:

darkewaffle

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
Only place I saw $30 was Microcenter B&M, $40 online. You could get it close to $30 online at TD during BCB.

Really though, it's only $10 and you're getting quite a lot of card for not very much at all either way.

toolfan

Oct 11, 1999
I had ordered this from Microcenter, but it is on backorder for who knows how long. I canceled that and ordered from Newegg. Only about $4 more in the end, since I had to pay for shipping at Microcenter.

KlokWyze

Diamond Member
Sep 7, 2006
www.dogsonacid.com
Picked it up with a similar deal @ a local Microcenter about 3 weeks ago. Just got the $45 rebate credit card in the mail today. I actually just processed the rebate stuff less than 2 weeks ago, so a pretty quick turn around.

And the card is a beast. Very compact. Runs cool. Handled everything I've thrown @ it so far. Though I'd be happy with anything decent after coming from a 7300 GT... lol/cry

f4phantom2500

Platinum Member
Dec 3, 2006
im considering doing this myself since it's so ridiculously cheap, but there are a few things holding me back:

1. i haven't gamed on my desktop in months...i sold my 4870 cuz it was too hot and i wasn't gaming much, but this would definitely alleviate the heat issue...but i've been on my HD 4200 so i might game more often if i had a decent card like this one

2. i don't want to deal with the rebate hassle; i think i read one of the reviews on newegg said like 2 months turnaround? yeah...

3. i do have other, more pertinent uses for $40...shit if nothing else i could just buy a bunch of cheap games for my ps2 or a couple of older good games for my 360.

4. since i don't game much now i feel kinda compelled to wait around for the next gen cards

5. it shouldn't be too hard to get a 4850 from the fs/ft forum for $60~$70 ish

on the other hand...

1. this card does run cool, and the reviews on the egg say its fairly quiet

2. at my monitor's native resolution, 1680x1050, and the games i play, cheaper ones off of steam (sales, older games i like, etc), this card would fit very nicely

3. CUDA!!! i was running the boinc client when i had my 4870, but my room just got way too hot...so i was running it with the 4200, but it wasn't even worth it since the card sucks so much...but this card would offer the best of both worlds

4. $40!

5. new card = warranty

things to consider...

Last edited:

darkewaffle

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
Picked it up with a similar deal @ a local Microcenter about 3 weeks ago. Just got the $45 rebate credit card in the mail today. I actually just processed the rebate stuff less than 2 weeks ago, so a pretty quick turn around.

And the card is a beast. Very compact. Runs cool. Handled everything I've thrown @ it so far. Though I'd be happy with anything decent after coming from a 7300 GT... lol/cry

Jesus, none of mine have been nearly that fast. Bastard!

uOpt

Golden Member
Oct 19, 2004
FWIW, I ordered the Microcenter 512MB one yesterday, with expected delivery date somewhere in the next age of humankind, if any.

It shipped today according to an email I got from them.

uOpt

Golden Member
Oct 19, 2004
Hmm, does anybody know whether I can get the MIR both for a Microcenter and a Newegg purchase?

I ended up buying from both places. My main card's replacement (a GTX 260) was DOA and I needed a replacement fast. Thinking the Microcenter deal is far in the future I ordered the newegg 240, too.

Old Hippie

Diamond Member
Oct 8, 2005
The rebate form indicates that both these are needed...

1.) Origional serial number barcode label
2.) Origional UPC barcode label (#843368002367) (Not the shipping label barcode)

There's two identical barcode lables. One on the outside of the box and one stuck to the back of the card.

They want both of these?

It would leave the video card with no serial number on it. :confused:

SHAQ

Aug 5, 2002
I thought they would both be on the outside of the box. You don't want to remove the one from the card as the warranty will be void.

Old Hippie

Diamond Member
Oct 8, 2005
I thought they would both be on the outside of the box. You don't want to remove the one from the card as the warranty will be void.

Nope, one on the box and one on the card.

Nobody's run into this before?

uOpt

Golden Member
Oct 19, 2004
If there are identical serial # labels on the box and on the card you send the one from the box.

Old Hippie

Diamond Member
Oct 8, 2005
If there are identical serial # labels on the box and on the card you send the one from the box.

Yep. Looks like that's the way it's going to go down.

I just got an email from EVGA CS about the same problem......
Hi,

I do apologize for any confusion as they are simply requesting the serial number from the box, the receipt, and the signed rebate form. Please do not remove the serial number for the card and please let me know if I can be of any additional assistance.

Thank You,
Chris Bencivenga
Customer Service Manager

Thanks for the assistance gents! :thumbsup:

justinj6

Mar 6, 2008
Nope, one on the box and one on the card.

Nobody's run into this before?

I did the Microcenter for the $30 deal a few weeks ago. Mailed only the barcode from the box. Did not send the one on the card. Have received processed and approved notice and money will be sent shortly.

Hope this helps.

Elixer

Lifer
May 7, 2002
Anyone know how long the card is ? I got a old 939 board, and some cards will block some SATA ports...

aggressor

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 1999
The rebate service eVGA uses is trying to screw me right now on the rebate I submitted for this card about 2 months ago.

They say I submitted the wrong offer code on their website, yet the paper the website generated for the rebate after I entered the code has the proper offer number. Meh.

jonno

Oct 15, 1999
got my card from newegg today. it exhibits artifacts while windows XP loads, then the screen is GREAT compared to my old 7350LE card. However when I play video in WMP, artifacts in the background. (others have reported this on evga forum) Tried newest drivers no help. Tried WMovieMaker to see if any difference and had it opened for 10 seconds before BSOD. Talked to evga and they were willing to send me a new card if I paid to ship them the dud. Decided to return to newegg instead for a refund. I'll wait for a similar card, cheaper, with better track record. Bummed it didn't work, but I'll only go so far and BSOD is a deal breaker for me.

darkewaffle

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
Ive had one in my HTPC for a few weeks now and it's been perfect. I havent done much more than play a few avi shows or movies so far, but no problems to report at all.