Everygreen State College Professor threated by students for objecting to a "no-whites" day

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
Because as we all know, "anti-blackness" is a huge issue in Washington stateo_O
http://dailycaller.com/2017/05/26/evergreen-state-college-prof-under-attack-for-his-skin-color/
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/may/27/bret-weinstein-evergreen-state-professor-holds-cla/
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-...tell-professor-avoid-campus-protesters-seek-h
CGc1o7d.png

Watch the "progress" in action

Imagine all this, but "free", as Bernie proposed.

Last edited:

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Read the Second link

"Students berated Mr. Weinstein on Tuesday outside of his classroom for writing an email in which he refused to take part in a “Day of Absence” demonstration. The event, which is an annual tradition at Evergreen, asked white students, faculty and staff to leave campus for a day and participate in anti-racism workshops."

So this is an annual event that is making headlines now because he didn't want to comply and people are upset.

Lol at Fox news trying to pretend like this matters to them.

If this was reversed fox news would be all about free speech.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006

Needs more links from right wing sites.

And I don't need another british right wing blogger to tell US how to run our lives. Dont they have enough problems in his own county?

crashtech

Lifer
Jan 4, 2013
Needs more links from right wing sites.

And I don't need another british right wing blogger to tell US how to run our lives. Dont they have enough problems in his own county?
I agree that it could use a link that dispassionately presents the news, though that sort of thing seems vanishingly difficult to find. I haven't researched this particular story, but it has become clear that many outlets simply ignore stories that don't fit the narrative they like to present.

Edit: The same is true of people, myself included. It's easier to look away from things that challenge one's beliefs, and easier to refrain from speaking, when doing so might have you be perceived as in league with the enemy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thebobo

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Outrage is very good at drawing clicks for advertisement revenue. So in so is outraged over whatever, Click here to feed your bottomless self hate. Feel justified about being mentally ill and needing a hate fix.

Reactions: feralkid

edcoolio

May 10, 2017
Outrage is very good at drawing clicks for advertisement revenue. So in so is outraged over whatever, Click here to feed your bottomless self hate. Feel justified about being mentally ill and needing a hate fix.

Never underestimate outrage, as it only occurs when the next step is physical action against others. Emperors, Empires, Presidents, and Kings have all fallen at the sword of outrage.

The fact that it is happening more and more is a disconcerting development for the future.

One or two polarizing events that concentrate and distill all the ills and fears for a segment of society is all it takes.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
As I understand it, the event is being changed this year from a group voluntarily absenting themselves to the same group insisting that others bow to their will. A critical difference which seems completely lost on many people.
That's an important distinction, got a link? I only read the second one in OP, I'll try googling for what you said after I get home from work

crashtech

Lifer
Jan 4, 2013
That's an important distinction, got a link? I only read the second one in OP, I'll try googling for what you said after I get home from work
I don't, and I'm out and about right now. I'm pretty sure the info was in one of the links already presented, though, perhaps even the video. If you can get past the presenter, there are some verbatim excerpts from the professor's letter that explain his position clearly.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Drudge linked it yesterday.

Student Mob Demands Professor Resign for Questioning No-Whites 'Day of Absence'...
...barricaded the library, shouting down anyone who disagrees with them or shows insufficient passion for racial justice.
“Police told me protesters stopped cars yesterday, demanding information about occupants,” Mr. Weinstein told The Washington Times. “They believe I was being sought. It appears that the campus has been under the effective control of protesters since 9:30 a.m. Tuesday.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
I don't, and I'm out and about right now. I'm pretty sure the info was in one of the links already presented, though, perhaps even the video. If you can get past the presenter, there are some verbatim excerpts from the professor's letter that explain his position clearly.

I'll take a look later on a computer, I'm not much for scanning or reading sites on the phone.

Also, I'd like to point out that religious people do the same thing on a regular basis. In fact, now that Cons are in charge, expected legislated morality to be back in full swing, and that morality will mirror what Christians claim to follow.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
I'll take a look later on a computer, I'm not much for scanning or reading sites on the phone.

Also, I'd like to point out that religious people do the same thing on a regular basis. In fact, now that Cons are in charge, expected legislated morality to be back in full swing, and that morality will mirror what Christians claim to follow.

This is the result of decades of the lefts influence seeping into educational institutions. These are children who are products of teachers hired under the last republican, never mind the professors and administrators.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
This is the result of decades of the lefts influence seeping into educational institutions. These are children who are products of teachers hired under the last republican, never mind the professors and administrators.
What are you addressing?

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
What a load of crap. I watched the video of the confrontation and it was so stupid what these kids demand. These students should all be tossed from the school.

Reactions: OutHouse

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
What a load of crap. I watched the video of the confrontation and it was so stupid what these kids demand. These students should all be tossed from the school.

What, college students shouldn't be entitled to racism? Say it ain't so!

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I looked it up.
They brag about being a Liberal Arts school.
So I dont think I will be taking it too seriously.