Everygreen State College Professor threated by students for objecting to a "no-whites" day

Page 15 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Nov 8, 2012
They're going to have to learn to tie their shoes first without blaming someone else for their difficulties. It might be a while.

Racist, Sexist, Anti-Gay, and Misogynist... every bad thing in life can be attributed to one of those 4.

Too much homework? Misogynist!
Can't find a job with hideous tattoos, dyed hair, clothing only worn by emo junior high students, and piercing everywhere? Must be racism!

mect

Platinum Member
Jan 5, 2004
Racist, Sexist, Anti-Gay, and Misogynist... every bad thing in life can be attributed to one of those 4.

Can't find a job with hideous tattoos, dyed hair, clothing only worn by emo junior high students, and piercing everywhere? Must be racism!
Nice strawman.

mect

Platinum Member
Jan 5, 2004
I don't think that means what you think it means. Translation: You're an idiot if you think that was a strawman
Really? So lets start out by defining straw man for you.

Straw man: noun, an intentionally misrepresented proposition that is set up because it is easier to defeat than an opponent's real argument.

Now lets look at your post.

"Too much homework? Misogynist!
Can't find a job with hideous tattoos, dyed hair, clothing only worn by emo junior high students, and piercing everywhere? Must be racism!"

The majority of people on the left, particularly college professors, would consider those excuses to be generally ludicrous. But you present them as the norm when most people are far more concerned with real issues involving racism, sexism, etc afflicting our nation. So yes, taking a selection of positions from the extreme fringe and misrepresenting it as the that of the mainstream left regarding the previously mentioned issues in order to set up an easy victory when it isn't the argument anyone in the thread has actually made I would consider a straw man.

crashtech

Lifer
Jan 4, 2013
Isn't that what everyone does in politics? Ferret out the worst examples of the opposition, and hold them up as emblematic of everyone on the other side? I see it every day here and everywhere else, and even people who should know better gobble it up like candy.

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Isn't that what everyone does in politics? Ferret out the worst examples of the opposition, and hold them up as emblematic of everyone on the other side? I see it every day here and everywhere else, and even people who should know better gobble it up like candy.
Yes, that is one of the main tactics the plutocrats use to keep their stranglehold on humanity. They split us up so that we hate each other, and then pacify us with "just enough" so that we don't go all chainsaw gutsfuck on them.

Reactions: ch33zw1z

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
White kids fighting for my right to matter. I love it lol

...Wait, whats the protest about again? What does not showing up for class do? I still paid for those hours....

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

You forgot the immigrants.