Every Conservative/GQP'er/Trumper's nightmare

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Yep, was reading that today. A 20 million drop in whites from 2010 to 2020 seems huge. Like...really really big. Whites are dying from a flurry of things many of which are self inflicted through their continued voting in of republican policy. Opioid addiction is almost entirely a corporate and political driven epidemic. The reasons people turn to them and why they can't get off of them are almost entirely policy based.

Add in natural attrition of boomers/silent generation kicking off at 10,000 deaths a day even before a global pandemic and that's a huge cliff to climb back up from.

Now put in millennial's not wanting to have kids because they can't afford it (policy), don't want to raise kids in schools that practice active shooting drills (policy) and just generally have no interest in repeating their parent's lives and you aren't replacing those lives lost at all.

Oh and then you have Covid wiping out whites at an alarming rate because of self inflicted policy and leadership and it's going to look even more bleak in the next year or two.

But hey, keep on preaching that it's immigration killing off your majority.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Yep, was reading that today. A 20 million drop in whites from 2010 to 2020 seems huge. Like...really really big. Whites are dying from a flurry of things many of which are self inflicted through their continued voting in of republican policy. Opioid addiction is almost entirely a corporate and political driven epidemic. The reasons people turn to them and why they can't get off of them are almost entirely policy based.

Add in natural attrition of boomers/silent generation kicking off at 10,000 deaths a day even before a global pandemic and that's a huge cliff to climb back up from.

Now put in millennial's not wanting to have kids because they can't afford it (policy), don't want to raise kids in schools that practice active shooting drills (policy) and just generally have no interest in repeating their parent's lives and you aren't replacing those lives lost at all.

Oh and then you have Covid wiping out whites at an alarming rate because of self inflicted policy and leadership and it's going to look even more bleak in the next year or two.

Don't forget the Millenials and GenZ folks that don't want their kids to (potentially) have to grow up in the burgeoning climate hellscape, I've heard that from a few. Since we're making maybe an eighth or sixteenth-assed effort at doing anything about it. Half-assed would be a grand improvement, and still not enough. We gotta put our whole ass into it.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
This part interested me as well..

Blue is population increase and beige is population decrease.

1628807261523.png

Is it just me or people want to move to cities rather than flee to suburbs/ rural america?

Reactions: Muse and Leeea

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
That's been a trend...well since at least this 10 year census data :p
Midwest states are hemorrhaging people. Old people are moving to warmer places. Young places are moving to places with actual decent paying jobs. Suburbs are picking up left and right to absorb those moving that don't want to live in the big city.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
This part interested me as well..

Blue is population increase and beige is population decrease.

View attachment 48649

Is it just me or people want to move to cities rather than flee to suburbs/ rural america?
WTF is going on in the western part of North Dakota?
That's been a trend...well since at least this 10 year census data :p
Midwest states are hemorrhaging people. Old people are moving to warmer places. Young places are moving to places with actual decent paying jobs. Suburbs are picking up left and right to absorb those moving that don't want to live in the big city.
Yes, I remember reading a few stories about dying towns in Nebraska. Just not a whole lot to keep young people in those places.

Reactions: Pohemi and Leeea

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Yeah and you have to understand that Williams County in Western ND has 22,000 people. 22 thousand. For the whole county. The one below it has like 6,000.

Unlike Harris county in which Houston resides that has more population than like 30 states.

It doesn't take many oil workers to move the needle there.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Yeah and you have to understand that Williams County in Western ND has 22,000 people. 22 thousand. For the whole county. The one below it has like 6,000.

Unlike Harris county in which Houston resides that has more population than like 30 states.

It doesn't take many oil workers to move the needle there.
I moved here from a Nebraska county with 27k, so 22k doesn't seem that low to me :p

Though I guess my current one has nearly 300k...

Reactions: Leeea

Spacehead

Lifer
Jun 2, 2002
I coulda swore i heard on the news this morning "white people are shrinking". Thought it was a lead-in to some sort of health story.
Had to do a double take & saw it read "white population shrinking".

Feb 4, 2009

This is one area where Leningrad Lindsay was right. I remember him during a debate saying “We need more Americans to grow & remain competitive” then something about immigration being a way to fix our shortfall.
Then he got shit on...
Then he changed his mind...

Feb 4, 2009
Hey I almost messed around with a second cousin without knowing she was a second cousin.
Met her at a party, went out briefly with her on a Friday night things seemed to be going well then Saturday arrived and saw her at my Cousins wedding. She asked brides family or grooms family?
Bride...
Me too...
Guess that Sunday meetup is off...
Yep...
We still had a good innocent time that night. We had a common great grandparent. Still too creepy for me.