Every Conservative/GQP'er/Trumper's nightmare

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
This part interested me as well..

Blue is population increase and beige is population decrease.

View attachment 48649

Is it just me or people want to move to cities rather than flee to suburbs/ rural america?
The maps has a lot of suburban counties in blue. People are leaving rural, but that map doesn't show people fleeing the burbs.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
I once was flirting with a girl in a club.. and later asked her number and name. That's when we found out we had the same last name but were not related.. way too creepy for me.

And yeah never hooked up there.
I was a Groomsman at the Jones and Jones wedding. They assured me they had done a family history trace.

• Haha
Reactions: hal2kilo and Pohemi

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
That's long been my theory — that Republicans are inadvertently setting themselves up for long-term failure by focusing all their energy on the white, straight Christian vote. There may well come a point at which the demographic has changed enough that even the GOP's more serious voter suppression efforts won't work.

I'm not expecting this shift to be large enough by 2024 or even necessarily 2028, but if and when it happens, the GOP is in trouble. It doesn't seem like the party has a strategy for that moment when it can't win an election without a significant non-white vote, and if it either refuses to change or gets caught off-guard... well, get ready for a long stretch of Democrat presidencies.
I think their goal is to never hold real elections again after 2024.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
This is 100% the case. The majority of the Republican party would completely go along with this.
We now have the democratic party and the anti-democratic party. May the Democratic Party thrive. What other hope have we?

Reactions: hal2kilo

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Reactions: Pohemi