ever just chat with a cop?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

bapace

Jul 7, 2004
That was just my worst run-in by a police officer. Many other run-ins exist....all because the police officers appeared to be bored at the time and wanted something to do. In fact, I even had one say those exact words to me once.

Originally posted by: bapace
I moved to florida a year and a half ago. Grew up in Indiana. 100% white and the police officer was looking for an African American suspect.

So now all cops are jackasses? Also, very little of your taxes go to the police, if any. Many of the police departments budgets come from sales taxes from big businesses as well as drug busts and police auctions. Furthermore, the very fact that you suddenly labeled all cops as idiots because of your one bad encounter puts you just as low, if not lower than the cop who pulled you out of your car.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
Originally posted by: FallenHero
You get dragged out of your car and thrown on the pavement, handcuffed in front of your parents house only to hear the description of the suspect come across the police radio. The suspect is nowhere near the same race as you, and the cops pulled you over cause you had a black car and they were looking for a green one. All this being done at 5:30 in the afternoon. Now take your quarter back, and shove it up YOUR ass.

shens on this. I can make up stories too!

It made the paper you jackass. Go back to 1998 and read the Indianapolis Star....there is an article in there about the disciplined police officer who did this to me.

Owned.

sygyzy

Lifer
Oct 21, 2000
You get dragged out of your car and thrown on the pavement, handcuffed in front of your parents house only to hear the description of the suspect come across the police radio. The suspect is nowhere near the same race as you, and the cops pulled you over cause you had a black car and they were looking for a green one. All this being done at 5:30 in the afternoon. Now take your quarter back, and shove it up YOUR ass.

I know you are the resident cop defender because, after all, cops never ever make mistakes. But even this is a little far for you FH. Shens that this happened? What is so unbelievable about his story, seriously. Even your initial response is uncalled for. You wanted to sodomize him because *gasp* he said something negative about cops? And all this from a wannabe (ie in training. Correct me if I am wrong. You are not a cop yet right?) Imagine how much anger you are going to have once you become a full fledged one.

That was just my worst run-in by a police officer. Many other run-ins exist....all because the police officers appeared to be bored at the time and wanted something to do. In fact, I even had one say those exact words to me once.

It sounds like you either:

A) Have a criminal record.
B) Talk sh!t to the police when they come around.
C) Challenge the cops while still being within the confines of the law.

bapace

Jul 7, 2004
Let something like this fvcking happen to you, then you tell me that you don't have a biased opinion.

BigJ

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
I work for the government....no criminal record (even a speeding ticket)...

And what does that have to do with anything? You think that police officers owe you some extra respect because you're a government worker?

bapace

Jul 7, 2004
BigJ....you know what? I wouldn't blame you if you were biased if a situation happened like that. That would be horrible.

sygyzy

Lifer
Oct 21, 2000
Originally posted by: KarenMarie
I moved to florida a year and a half ago. Grew up in Indiana. 100% white and the police officer was looking for an African American suspect.

And you are letting this one incident ... by one bad officer... color your whole outlook on an entire lot of ppl that risk thier lives every day to do the right thing?

I think he said earlier that he had multiple incidents that lead him to come to this conclusion.

bapace

Jul 7, 2004
BigJ, FallenHero was suggesting I had a criminal record...that is all the government comment was about...nothing about them needing to respect me. I don't flash my badge at them.

BigJ

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
BigJ, FallenHero was suggesting I had a criminal record...that is all the government comment was about...nothing about them needing to respect me. I don't flash my badge at them.

Ah alright. Point taken.

Originally posted by: sygyzy

I know you are the resident cop defender because, after all, cops never ever make mistakes. But even this is a little far for you FH. Shens that this happened? What is so unbelievable about his story, seriously. Even your initial response is uncalled for. You wanted to sodomize him because *gasp* he said something negative about cops? And all this from a wannabe (ie in training. Correct me if I am wrong. You are not a cop yet right?) Imagine how much anger you are going to have once you become a full fledged one.

I'm not angry at all, but I am more skepical of stories that involve police brutality because the victims tend to glorify the supposed "beating." Do I deny that police brutality occurs? No, not at all. Of course it does, as cops are human and do make mistakes. However, outright lies also occur as well, and there are various prime examples within the department I'm interning for, and it's not even a sizable department. So yes, I am skeptical when it comes to these stories, and yes, I am going to defend the officers because they will be my future co-workers...those I entrust my life to.

As for not being an officer yet, no, I'm not. However, I know more about law enforcement and have far more experience in the area than 99% of these boards, so of course im going to speak up on it.

And I'm saying that these incidents of police abuse have to have a common factor. I highly doubt it was the same officer and/or department doing each contact with you, so that rules the police side out. You seem to be the only common factor when it comes to your stories and encounters with the police, unless you are leaving something out.

bapace

Jul 7, 2004
Jesus Christ.. I lived in Indiana, in a town of 345 people....not only that, but the closest "city" to me had 20K people. You better believe alot of the run ins were with the same fvcking departments. Only after the "cuffing" incident did everything stop, and that is due to the police officer being discipline.

This is the SAME police department that had a cruiser get in an accident with a high school kid, only for the commanding officer to find 7 pounds of marijuana in the cops trunk. He said it was to "train his K9"....BULLSH!T. It so happens that the accident was the fault of the high school kid, but somehow, all charges were dropped, hmmmmmm....someone covering there asses? Sometimes small police departments are more fvcking corrupt that the NYPD.

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001

And I'm saying that these incidents of police abuse have to have a common factor. I highly doubt it was the same officer and/or department doing each contact with you, so that rules the police side out. You seem to be the only common factor when it comes to your stories and encounters with the police, unless you are leaving something out.

Well maybe he just has bad luck. More than likely he pushes his luck and "knows his rights". I have never had a cop do any phsyical harm to me. I have had a few that were not friendly, but then again if I had to watch my back every minute that I was on duty I probably wouldn't be too friendly either.

Jesus Christ...how are you going to defend cops so valiantly like this?? I lived in Indiana, in a town of 345 people....not only that, but the closest "city" to me had 20K people. You better believe alot of the run ins were with the same fvcking departments. Only after the "cuffing" incident did everything stop, and that is due to the police officer being discipline.

This is the SAME police department that had a cruiser get in an accident with a high school kid, only for the commanding officer to find 7 pounds of marijuana in the cops trunk. He said it was to "train his K9"....BULLSH!T. It so happens that the accident was the fault of the high school kid, but somehow, all charges were dropped, hmmmmmm....someone covering there asses? Sometimes small police departments are more fvcking corrupt that the NYPD.

See, was it that hard to admit that it was from a small town with a corrupt department? That's all you really had to say from the start. Instead, you blew it up like it was some major city cop crime wave.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003

I think you're overlooking the other common factor: The police. They were involved in all the incidents. And judging by bapace's post, it seems more likely that the police are the bad actors in these situations.

bapace

Jul 7, 2004
Check that statement . 2 towns/city's in my example, both of the harrassed me, and that is more than enough for me to be biased.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
Jesus Christ...how are you going to defend cops so valiantly like this?? I lived in Indiana, in a town of 345 people....not only that, but the closest "city" to me had 20K people. You better believe alot of the run ins were with the same fvcking departments. Only after the "cuffing" incident did everything stop, and that is due to the police officer being discipline.

See, was it that hard to admit that it was from a small town with a corrupt department? That's all you really had to say from the start. Instead, you blew it up like it was some major city cop crime wave.

That sounds pretty tame compared the fake drug scandals of Dallas, and the trigger happy blast fest of Los Angeles. The reality is that that small Indiana department is in better shape than most.

slycat

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2001
i had a chat with a cop too:..

cop: u dind't stop at stop sign!
me: uhm..i believe i...
cop: i was behind u, i saw u just turned without stopping!
me: but i'm...
cop: next time make sure you stop!

....<vrooom>...<cop left>

me: (sweats)..

Squisher

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
4 cops in my immediate family, yeah I'll probably be talking to all of them on Father's day.