Ever heard of a bar that has age requirements:

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

monk3y

Lifer
Jun 12, 2001
I've never heard of different age limits for guys and girls but I guess they can do whatever they want? I really don't know.

blakeatwork

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2001
Originally posted by: CraigRT
I love Quebec

You can get served if you are tall enough to reach the bar.

I went there when I was 18 and then 19 the next year, and never once got carded at any establishment the whole time I was there.

Dirinking age in PQ is 18 no?

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Originally posted by: mugs
Originally posted by: KingofCamelot
Originally posted by: LS20
Originally posted by: PHiuR

I did not know the state ran bars.

so if i had a privately-owned store that does not serve to black people its okay too since its not state-run?

Uh....ya. :confused: Sometimes it hits me that a majority of Americans out there don't understand basic things, like that the Constitution applies to the federal government, not to private businesses.

A golf course near me, Cypress Point Golf Club, in Pebble Beach, California has gotten a lot of crap in the past for not accepting black members, although they insist that there is no offical policy barring them. The PGA tour dropped them over the issue back in 1990.

For the third time, there are laws that apply to a place of public accommodation.

http://www.metrokc.gov/dias/ocre/fairPA.htm

I didn't know you clubbed Mugs or hit the trendy bars.

how do you fight the fight though?

They can also declare themselves a private club.

Age is a bit different than race though....you will find a lot more support if a bar was banning Hispanics, Blacks, Whites or Asians (I hate referring to whites and blacks as colors)....than just keeping people from drinking.

I *ONCE* got into a club at 16 or 17 in a Z. Cavarichi (sp?) suit...it was white, I had no shirt on and buff. We all looked older than 18....the bouncer at the door said after so and so a time, we are ladies only tonight. A friend said "Dude, this is the DA for West Palm, you saying you aren't allowing men in a club?". He went away for a few moments while two other dudes came up to us all crazy looking.

A minute or two later we were in a VIP table with a round of free drinks. The best part was the story leaked so we were all getting a lot of attention.

It really was not my parent's money I was showing off (other than the car I had in valet)...I worked a bank job that my dad got me part time that made about 4 times minimum wage at the time. Some of my friends were like me too and some just had parent's that gave them a credit card that they could rack up each month.

Any other time I had to find another club. They were not letting us in or any other guy the same age as the female entry.

potato28

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2005
Originally posted by: CraigRT
I love Quebec

You can get served if you are tall enough to reach the bar.

I went there when I was 18 and then 19 the next year, and never once got carded at any establishment the whole time I was there.

:laugh: My dad told me stories of going to Quebec to visit relitives and he went and got drunk at the bars... :laugh: