Ever heard of a bar that has age requirements:

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
Originally posted by: KLin
Uh yea. Most bars have a 21 and over limit.

LMAO

to answer the question that is implied, i've heard of different covers, but not different age limits. That's cool though. Guess the 21 and 22 year old guys don't spend any money there.

RbSX

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2002
Originally posted by: YOyoYOhowsDAjello
Originally posted by: necine

yes?

EDIT:

Topic Summary: Guys 23, Girls 21

oh....

Yeah, all the time.

They don't want drunk students/poorly dressed slobs to come in.

Usually if you're well dressed and polite enough they'll let you in if you're slightly younger. I used to get into 22+ bars with my 23 year old girlfriend this summer all the time.

Like I said above, it has less to do with age, and more to do with the type of clientele they want to attract.

Edit: In Canada 22+ is a big diff because our drinking ages are 18/19

necine

Diamond Member
Jan 25, 2005
Originally posted by: RyanSengara

yes?

EDIT:

oh....

Yeah, all the time.

Usually if you're well dressed and polite enough they'll let you in if you're slightly younger. I used to get into 22+ bars with my 23 year old girlfriend this summer all the time.

Like I said above, it has less to do with age, and more to do with the type of clientele they want to attract.

WTF... trying to make plans for NYC next weekend and a bar says guys 23 girls 21. I have money and dress well enough. Seems like age discrimination to me. I could understand Canada tho...

necine

Diamond Member
Jan 25, 2005
Originally posted by: ShotgunSteven
Helps prevent idiotic "OMG I just turned twenty-onezorzzzz!" drinking parties.

Well at my OMG..... i threw up so I guess it might but a good idea... BUT STILL!

RbSX

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2002

yes?

EDIT:

oh....

Yeah, all the time.

WTF... trying to make plans for NYC next weekend and a bar says guys 23 girls 21. I have money and dress well enough. Seems like age discrimination to me. I could understand Canada tho...

Usually places like that tend to be trendier, more hip, young businessmen places.

The main one I think of in Vancouver is Caprice, but it's only 22+ on one day of the week.

It's quite odd if it's all the time, because it cuts off a huge potential customer base, but when I was NYC it was like that too.

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001

yes?

EDIT:

oh....

Yeah, all the time.

age discrimination. LMAO. yeah...you take that to the courts.

EvilYoda

Lifer
Apr 1, 2001

yes?

EDIT:

oh....

Yeah, all the time.

Best solution for your bar/club problems in NYC: a good girl to guy ratio. If you're bringing in 3:1, you'll probably be fine with a little talking. Might even lift cover with enough girls.

Syringer

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
When I was in Spain I seriously saw a kid that could not have been more than 15. He looked more like 12.

Ronstang

Lifer
Jul 8, 2000
The younger the guys the cheaper they are and the more stupid, slovenly, disrespectful, and destructive they are so that is a sound business decision. Most girls prefer a guy with a few years on her anyway.

dennilfloss

Past Lifer 1957-2014 In Memoriam
Oct 21, 1999
dennilfloss.blogspot.com
BTW, I met the reverse in Medford, Oregon in 1986. They would not let me into a bar because I was too old. I was 29 at the time. Must have been some kind of teen-only bar :confused: but that was the only place in town with decent dancing music.

Steve

Lifer
May 2, 2004
www.chicagopipeband.com
Originally posted by: Syringer
When I was in Spain I seriously saw a kid that could not have been more than 15. He looked more like 12.

I see kids all the time whose age I misjudge. What's your point?

Are you trying to say you saw him in a 16+ only bar?

CraigRT

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
I love Quebec

You can get served if you are tall enough to reach the bar.

I went there when I was 18 and then 19 the next year, and never once got carded at any establishment the whole time I was there.

Syringer

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Originally posted by: sm8000
Originally posted by: Syringer

I see kids all the time whose age I misjudge. What's your point?

Are you trying to say you saw him in a 16+ only bar?

D'oh yes, I meant to say I saw him in a bar where the average age was 25-27.

KarmaPolice

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2004
yes..

vanilla in japan once it gets to like 1 in the morning u have to a 25 year old guy to get in.

AlienCraft

Lifer
Nov 23, 2002
In CA. discriminating on the basis of age or gender is illegal. Private membership club, maybe, but public bar... no way.

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: AlienCraft
In CA. discriminating on the basis of age or gender is illegal. Private membership club, maybe, but public bar... no way.

Does that mean bars have to serve alcohol to minors, because if they do not it's age discrimination?

PHiuR

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
Originally posted by: AlienCraft

I did not know the state ran bars.

LS20

Banned
Jan 22, 2002
Originally posted by: PHiuR

I did not know the state ran bars.

so if i had a privately-owned store that does not serve to black people its okay too since its not state-run?