Ever been sky diving?

Zysoclaplem

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2003
I might want to try it one day, but I don't have the balls to jump out of a plane that far from the ground. Just thinking about it makes me anxious.
If you haven't gone, would you?

masterxfob

Diamond Member
May 20, 2001
i'd love to go, but i won't go alone. i'm still trying to convince one of my friends or gf to go with me :(

BAMAVOO

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I went sky diving, I went Rocky Mountain climbing, I did 2.7 seconds on a bull named FuManChu.

AbsolutDealage

Platinum Member
Dec 20, 2002
I did it when I graduated from college. It was pretty cool, but you have to realize that it's ~$200 for about a minute of freefall, and a 5 minute canopy ride. I would do it again if it were cheaper, but for that kind of money, there are other things I can do for fun.

AdamSnow

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2002
I want to go so bad... even told my Fiance that's what I want for a wedding present...

I dont want to go alone though, and I cant find anyone that is willing to go with me... I just dont see it being super fun all by myself...

hevnsnt

Lifer
Mar 18, 2000
I paid $150 for a jump in college... It was wild.

You did a half day worth of training, and then went for it!

Here is how it went. 5 of us got in a small plane and climed to 8-9,000 ft and then you clipped your "ripcord" to a place on the plane and then swung your legs outside of the plane. You then "walked" with your arms out onto the struts of the wing. (basically at this point you are hanging from the wing) you look over at your jump-master and if everything is ok he yells "DOT!" and you let go. No worries right? Well my brain said "let go" and my hands said "FCUK YOU!" lol!

Finally I had to make a decsion to let go, and after 3-5secs of freefall your chute opens. Man oh man you cannot believe how intense, graceful, and pant-loading it was. Just thinking about it makes me want to go again.

Zysoclaplem

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2003
Originally posted by: hevnsnt
I paid $150 for a jump in college... It was wild.

You did a half day worth of training, and then went for it!

Here is how it went. 5 of us got in a small plane and climed to 8-9,000 ft and then you clipped your "ripcord" to a place on the plane and then swung your legs outside of the plane. You then "walked" with your arms out onto the struts of the wing. (basically at this point you are hanging from the wing) you look over at your jump-master and if everything is ok he yells "DOT!" and you let go. No worries right? Well my brain said "let go" and my hands said "FCUK YOU!" lol!

Finally I had to make a decsion to let go, and after 3-5secs of freefall your chute opens. Man oh man you cannot believe how intense, graceful, and pant-loading it was. Just thinking about it makes me want to go again.

I would faint...lol.

Aug 25, 2004
Originally posted by: masterxfob
i'd love to go, but i won't go alone. i'm still trying to convince one of my friends or gf to go with me :(

listen to words of experience: don't take the gf

Originally posted by: AbsolutDealage
I did it when I graduated from college. It was pretty cool, but you have to realize that it's ~$200 for about a minute of freefall, and a 5 minute canopy ride. I would do it again if it were cheaper, but for that kind of money, there are other things I can do for fun.

true, but everyone's gotta do it atleast once in their lifetime :)

i wonder if OP can take a disposable camera along...

xospec1alk

Diamond Member
Mar 4, 2002
i went a few months back...its not as thrilling as i would have thought...

the way i described it to my friends was it felt like i was lying on my stomach with an industrial fan blowing up at me...

hevnsnt

Lifer
Mar 18, 2000
Originally posted by: xospec1alk

the way i described it to my friends was it felt like i was lying on my stomach with an industrial fan blowing up at me...

I am actually glad I didnt do it "tandum" the first time. I think it was more intense when you are jumping out of a plane by yourself. I think next time I would like to go tandum so I could experience more free-fall

platinumike

Platinum Member
Nov 18, 2004
yup. I have some pics on here i'll upload sometime. Its not bad at all, no worse then any major rollercoaster.

Kelemvor

Lifer
May 23, 2002
I did Static linea number of years ago. It was just like floating. Scariest part was getting out of the plane. I'm sure freefalling is a lot more fun but even static line was a great introduction. If it was so expensive I'd probably do it again.

xospec1alk

Diamond Member
Mar 4, 2002
Originally posted by: hevnsnt
Originally posted by: xospec1alk

I am actually glad I didnt do it "tandum" the first time. I think it was more intense when you are jumping out of a plane by yourself. I think next time I would like to go tandum so I could experience more free-fall

they let you go your first time solo?