ever been in a dream and knew you were dreaming ?

polm

Diamond Member
May 24, 2001
From the time I was 11 - 12 I used to be aware that I was dreaming while I was dreaming. It was a very exciting time. I would actually get excited to go to sleep, I would usually find myself at my school. From there it was usually pretty quick that I would realize I was dreaming. I would run around and do whatever I could imageine. Now sometimes things would get a little out of control, and the dream would add a few twists and turns, but overall I could conjure up all okinds of crazy things. I miss that.

Gooberlx2

Lifer
May 4, 2001
Copied from one of my other posts

In a dream I went over a waterfall in a canoe with my roomate. He was freaking out as we started falling into what seemed to be a bottomless pit. I told him to calm down 'cause for some reason I knew it was dream and that we would fall forever and wake up eventually. (I think that was my conscious talking at that point). So my subconscious played a trick on me and right after I had said those things, a pile of sharp rocks zoomed up and we smacked into them. Here's the strangest thing, my head hit the rock and I faded to black. I actually died in my dream. I've never faded to black before or since then. Needless to say I abruptly woke up in a sweat. The experience was really scary, but the whole idea is kinda interesting.

Have any of you ever died in your dream before?

SSP

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Yeah... it happened before (forgot the dream though).

Once, I was shot in the chest in my dreams... I even felt the pain. Then I woke up. :)

Aves

Lifer
Feb 7, 2001
Normally if something really cool happens to me in my dream, like winning the lottery, then I know that I'm dreaming.

Optimus

Diamond Member
Aug 23, 2000
Yep - and when I realize I'm dreaming, I inevitably think "Hey! I can fly then!" and I start flying around whatever place I'm at in the dream. :)

DannyLove

Lifer
Oct 17, 2000
yes

danny~!

when you dream, there are no rules, people can fly, anything can happen.

Sometimes, theres a moment as you're waking, when you become aware of the real world around....but you're still dreaming
- Astral Projection - still dreaming

StormRider

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2000
I would always head immediately to the girl's shower room in my junior/high school. Unfortunately, I would always wake up before seeing anything. I think it was because I'd never actually seen a naked girl so my brain couldn't make up any images for me to dream about -- so I'd wake up. :(

Doggiedog

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
I believe in most Asian cultures there is a dreaming phenomenon called a sitting ghost were you know you are dreaming but there is a presence sitting on you not allowing you to wake up or move.

I remember reading a NYT article on it and hear it is a relatively common dream.

jorken

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Hey I died in a dream before... disturbed me for quite some time. My back yard became a beach and was now the landing point for the Germans in WWII. So I was in the middle of a war and we were getting our hit pretty hard, so I decided to get out of there. I ran through my house cause I couldn't leave without my wallet (i dunno what that was about), but as soon as I opened the front door there was a german there pointing his gun at me, he made get on my knees and put my head down... then he shot me I guess cause everything went black. So now its just all black and I can hear myself thinking and that was it... I remember thinking I was pissed because I thought i would have to spend the rest of eternity like this. At the time I was taking a logic class and I recall Descarte's "I think therefore I am", so I applied that and attempted to get up, nothing happened the 1st time but I decided to try again and I just woke up while sitting up.

dafatha00

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2000
I believe in most Asian cultures there is a dreaming phenomenon called a sitting ghost were you know you are dreaming but there is a presence sitting on you not allowing you to wake up or move.

Yeah, my good friend told me that it happened to him a few times, but its only supposed to happen to the religious ones.

Strangely enough, that happened to me a month ago. I fell asleep on my couch and in my dream, I was still there sleeping on my couch, but I could not move or wake up, even though I knew I was dreaming. I struggled violently but no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't wake up. Then after a few minutes, I woke up covered with sweat. Upon checking the clock, I had noticed that only a few minutes had passed by just as in my dream...I guess the time in the dream reflected the real time. Hella weird.

Fearlss1

Golden Member
Dec 28, 2000
No but i used to have this same scary dream all the time. I know that there is something it is called when you have a recurring dream, but I forgot its significance..

thnx -=Nate239648

Nerd

Banned
Mar 6, 2001
I've dreamt a bunch of times that I was shot or I was like no dont shoot me then I get shot, then I kinda like just my eyes close up then I can still think and stuff, but its like I can't open my eyes back up and in my mind its like im dead.

Very weird. Ive had those dreams quite a few times.

Also, I've had a dream that I got to make love to Jennifer Lopez. I didn't know I was dreaming though.

I believe what you are talking about are called Lucid dreams? When you know you're up?

My best friend always tells me he can control his dreams, and boy when he explains them he sure sounds like he has fun.

If I could controll my dream world, and have the best of all things, i would be sleeping 24/7!

mrCide

Diamond Member
Nov 27, 1999
I have dreams where i know I'm dreaming, i have nightmares where i know im dreaming, i have nightmares that i know im dreaming and am trying to wake up but cant scream... after a lot of shaking i manage to wake myself up.

hm.

Other night i had a dream that i went to pick up my gameboy advance from EB and it was all this prize giving away thing and they closed the store and sat everyone down and this and that crap and bullshzt.

After awhile i'm like, this is so gay.. this can't be real. was funny when i woke up.

anyone ever wake up laughing? that's the weirdest :)

ManSnake

Diamond Member
Oct 26, 2000
Once I solve a puzzle in my dream, the morning I woke up I went and solved that puzzle in the exact same way I solved it in my dream (it was a rpg). Amazing!

GoldenTiger

Banned
Jan 14, 2001
I'm still like that, polm. I've even died a lot of times in my dreams :(. After I die it's just a black void, with me not breathing or anything, and muddy thoughts until I finally wake up saddened and tired as heck.

GoldenTiger

Banned
Jan 14, 2001
I can sometimes control it partially, but sometimes it gets out of whack and VERY weird things happen... not just in a normal "real" world... think comic books/anime/scifi kind of things (e.g. silversurfer, etc.) and you'll know what I mean...

GoldenTiger

Banned
Jan 14, 2001

<< No but i used to have this same scary dream all the time. I know that there is something it is called when you have a recurring dream, but I forgot its significance..

thnx -=Nate239648
>>

It's exactly that: A recurring dream :).

HansHurt

Platinum Member
Apr 5, 2001
Yea, I control my dreams to...dreams are great...for a while it seemed like I never dreamed at all, but I am back in full force....must be that medication I am taking.

StormRider

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2000
I'm still like that, polm. I've even died a lot of times in my dreams . After I die it's just a black void, with me not breathing or anything, and muddy thoughts until I finally wake up saddened and tired as heck.

I always heard that if you die in your dreams, you'll really die -- maybe some of you guys are dead and don't know it. ;)

IcemanJer

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2001
I was flying one of the WWII prop plane, and I crash into the ocean. not sure if I died or not, but like I was able to breathe walk across the ocean floor like regular ground (kinda in the underwater city in the movie Water World). And then there was this aircraft carrier at the surface of the water docked next to a tall building, and in order to get on to the ship I couldn't just swim up to the surface, but had to walk up 13 floors and climb in. There's this one floor in the carrier that everyone was studying something.. and then if you walk through this double door somewhere you end up in some surrealistic land. This is like the basis of
the story... I'm not too sure about all the details...