• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Ethereum GPU mining?

Page 235 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

fleshconsumed

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2002
@fleshconsumed It's going to reduce fees, but not much as you expect. The real reduction will come when Eth 2.0 comes in full force.

You can stake Eth 2 already. You just can't pull out until Eth Phase 1.5. For earnings wise it's better to stake early as there are more stakers the interest you gain drops.
I know I can stake and I know earnings are higher right now then they'll be in the future, but I don't feel like being beta tester for early staking. I'd rather play it safe for now.

Reactions: lightmanek

IntelUser2000

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2003
I know I can stake and I know earnings are higher right now then they'll be in the future, but I don't feel like being beta tester for early staking. I'd rather play it safe for now.
Some are saying DeFi is an option but I've been out of the loop for a while and I don't even know where to start. Savings accounts are useless nowadays.

Accord99

Platinum Member
Jul 2, 2001
Some are saying DeFi is an option but I've been out of the loop for a while and I don't even know where to start. Savings accounts are useless nowadays.
If you are ok with having some of your coins in the custody of a major exchange like Binance, they offer multiple ways to earn interest with DeFi or Staking with many different coins.

fleshconsumed

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2002
Savings accounts have been useless since Great Recession. I realize that not everyone on this site is a Techie with lots of disposable income, but if you have disposable income it makes more sense to invest as much as you can instead. Stocks have done great since Great Recession, they've pretty much seen double digit increases every year since 2009. My asset allocation is roughly 5% in cash for emergencies, 15% in stock ETFs, 30% in tax deferred retirement accounts all invested in stock ETFs, I've been throwing what I can afford to lose into crypto for the past few years and thanks to recent crypto bubble it is now 50% of my assets. Never thought I'd see that day, really curious where it's going to go in the next 10 years.

aleader

Oct 28, 2013
Savings accounts have been useless since Great Recession. I realize that not everyone on this site is a Techie with lots of disposable income, but if you have disposable income it makes more sense to invest as much as you can instead. Stocks have done great since Great Recession, they've pretty much seen double digit increases every year since 2009. My asset allocation is roughly 5% in cash for emergencies, 15% in stock ETFs, 30% in tax deferred retirement accounts all invested in stock ETFs, I've been throwing what I can afford to lose into crypto for the past few years and thanks to recent crypto bubble it is now 50% of my assets. Never thought I'd see that day, really curious where it's going to go in the next 10 years.
The way governments are printing money, and the fact that the US government did absolutely nothing to prevent another crash because it's completely owned by Wall Street (i.e. zero new legislation enacted) means that there is going to be another one much larger than the last. This time there will be no taxpayer funded bailouts however as the well is dry. Here in Canada we came out of 2009 relatively unscathed as we have actual banking regulations and don't have 'Citizen's United.' This one will pull everyone down because of COVID.

It's actually an interesting (unnerving) subject we're reviewing in one of my high level derivatives classes right now. Crypto may be the way to go, unless governments say it isn't. As always, the only ones that will really benefit are those in power, one way or another.

ASK THE COMMUNITY