Eric Garner all over again

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
I can't fucking believe I live in a country where the president tweets "when the looting starts, the shooting starts" JESUS H CHRIST. Twitter flagging it as glorifying violence might push him over the edge.

No small number of folks in the Republican party would demand exactly as the President said.

Remember, looting is rioting. Rioting is not protesting. Rioting is destruction. It is not uncommon to view police / military presence as to protect the victims of such violence, by any amount of force necessary to defeat the violent offenders on the streets. Especially with arson involved. These fires don't set themselves.

Trump is perfectly in line with the base on this one.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
This. I think the cop behind Chauvin was doing as much to interfere with Floyd's breathing as Chauvin.

What, the need to fill your chest cavity with air?
That would explain the no strangulation suggestion from medical. If the neck didn't kill him, the 200lb chest compression certainly would have.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003

Better watch out madam or you could be labeled as "collaborator" or "carry water" or <insert name calling/insult here>.

I don't think it's controversial to call many of these incidents riots. However trying to dismiss or just ignore the events that lead up to this and waive these events away as simple lawlessness isn't really what she's trying to do. Much like 1968 and 1992 the violence and carelessness of many people in power have lead us to combustable situations where some people want to pretend they don't know who stacked the gasoline soaked kindling so high.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Well the good news is that Trump feels safe. Rest of America is on its own.

Screen Shot 2020-05-30 at 7.55.59 AM.png

Reactions: pmv

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Still waiting for the list of acceptable forms of protest for black people.

After all the insane pearl clutching over the anthem kneeling we know there is no such thing as acceptable protests from black people in this country.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
What, the need to fill your chest cavity with air?
That would explain the no strangulation suggestion from medical. If the neck didn't kill him, the 200lb chest compression certainly would have.
Knee on neck from the side like that is definitely a blood choke. Lack of sufficient oxygen to the brain for that long is going to damage it.
I don't think it's controversial to call many of these incidents riots. However trying to dismiss or just ignore the events that lead up to this and waive these events away as simple lawlessness isn't really what she's trying to do. Much like 1968 and 1992 the violence and carelessness of many people in power have lead us to combustable situations where some people want to pretend they don't know who stacked the gasoline soaked kindling so high.
Well said. The lesson has been there for the learning for decades. Act expeditiously and severely, to demonstrate to the citizens that justice is at hand. Deal with any legal ramifications on the fly. Anything else looks like, at best, apathy.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
After all the insane pearl clutching over the anthem kneeling we know there is no such thing as acceptable protests from black people in this country.
And then people wonder why riots ultimately happen. People who feel they have no voice will ultimately lash out.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Well the good news is that Trump feels safe. Rest of America is on its own.

View attachment 21848
Is he implying with the "protesters" that they were hired? And it is deeply troubling that our president is tweeting about being protected from the electorate, as though they are an enemy.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Is he implying with the "protesters" that they were hired? And it is deeply troubling that our president is tweeting about being protected from the electorate, as though they are an enemy.

Of course that's the implication.

You can feel the blood lust in his subsequent tweets. He wants to see violence done on the people that dare oppose him.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Of course that's the implication.

You can feel the blood lust in his subsequent tweets. He wants to see violence done on the people that dare oppose him.
In my mind's eye: I see Putin with his hands laced behind his head, feet on the desk, watching this all on TV, with a very self satisfied smile.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
In my mind's eye: I see Putin with his hands laced behind his head, feet on the desk, watching this all on TV, with a very self satisfied smile.

Given Russia's own problems and the collapse of the global economy coupled with Trump who wants to start a nuclear arms race I think they're probably now assessing that they got more than they bargained for.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Given Russia's own problems and the collapse of the global economy coupled with Trump who wants to start a nuclear arms race I think they're probably now assessing that they got more than they bargained for.
Yet somehow, despite the pandemic, the rich got richer the last few months.

Unemployment was super low, they had to offer better pay and perks to recruit new workers. With massive unemployment, we will see a return to the take what they are offering or get stuffed. It is the average folk suffering, not the elites. Civil unrest, friction inside our military, chaotic, grabastic, government, loss of confidence from our allies, what does a billionaire like Putin care if the little people in his country suffer? And getting back to unconstrained weapons proliferation gives him wood.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Trump is clumsily trying to run the 68 "law and order" playbook but as an incumbent who already has the power and with an electorate way less white than it was then.

Reactions: DAPUNISHER

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006
And then people wonder why riots ultimately happen. People who feel they have no voice will ultimately lash out.

The biggest problem is, the white Covidiots with semi auto guns were allowed to “peacefully” protest and storm capita buildings and get in the face of police with zero attempts by police to disperse or do anything.

Last night almost all the protests across the country started peacefully and were peaceful until police in their stance of dominance with full riot gear tried to keep protesters from blocking roadways tried dispersing protests with force.

So white guys can storm buildings with semi auto guns and nothing happens. No riot gear not attempt to do anything but the moment a mixed group of people protest en mass on the streets there is a problem.

Cops use of force to try and disperse crowds from protesting in the streets was the problem last night.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
He doesn't but he would prefer not do have an accident out a window if domestic unrest compromises his power.
Putin is the one who knocks. He was a high level spook, a master of the trade craft, I would be sincerely astonished, if he sweats assassination very much. I doubt conspirators can make hand signals to each other without him catching wind of it. I would love to be wrong though ;)

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
The biggest problem is, the white Covidiots with semi auto guns were allowed to “peacefully” protest and storm capita buildings and get in the face of police with zero attempts by police to disperse or do anything.

Last night almost all the protests across the country started peacefully and were peaceful until police in their stance of dominance with full riot gear tried to keep protesters from blocking roadways tried dispersing protests with force.

So white guys can storm buildings with semi auto guns and nothing happens. No riot gear not attempt to do anything but the moment a mixed group of people protest en mass on the streets there is a problem.

Cops use of force to try and disperse crowds from protesting in the streets was the problem last night.
Yup, that kind of unequal treatment is going to burn people's asses every time. And they will just use the riots as an excuse to buy the heat ray and sonic crowd controllers now.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
There are some weird things going on in these protests across the country. I’ve seen videos of police forming a cordon and blocking in marching protestors (I.e. giving them nowhere to go.) I’ve seen police sucker punching women to the street or driving by a protestor in a squad car and opening the car door to knock them over. I’ve seen videos of alleged cops breaking windows to get the looting started, and videos of random white guys sneakily starting fires and then running away from the protests.

I’m not saying that these protestors aren’t looting or damaging property. I’m sure some of them are. But I’ve read and seen video showing plenty of incidents of peaceful protests turning violent and angry suddenly with hints of outside forces at play.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
There are some weird things going on in these protests across the country. I’ve seen videos of police forming a cordon and blocking in marching protestors (I.e. giving them nowhere to go.) I’ve seen police sucker punching women to the street or driving by a protestor in a squad car and opening the car door to knock them over. I’ve seen videos of alleged cops breaking windows to get the looting started, and videos of random white guys sneakily starting fires and then running away from the protests.

I’m not saying that these protestors aren’t looting or damaging property. I’m sure some of them are. But I’ve read and seen video showing plenty of incidents of peaceful protests turning violent and angry suddenly with hints of outside forces at play.
agent provocateur - Like the Umbrella Man.

Reactions: nickqt